PDA

View Full Version : Sarca Anchor Opinions

La Vida
25-01-2011, 10:00 AM
chasing opinions on either Super Carca or Sarca Excel anchors, who has them and what do you think of them?

Thanks

La Vida
25-01-2011, 10:01 AM
SDorry that should have been Super Sarca anchors

CCDrifter
25-01-2011, 10:40 AM
HI Mate
I have had a Sarca on both my last boat (6.25 Cruisecraft) and also current boat 2400 KC and can recommend as a good alround anchor that I use just about everywhere. Still carry the reefy in the boat though as I would hate to put the Sarca down on an angry reef bottom and not get it back!

Nathan

Spaniard_King
25-01-2011, 06:09 PM
HI Mate
I have had a Sarca on both my last boat (6.25 Cruisecraft) and also current boat 2400 KC and can recommend as a good alround anchor that I use just about everywhere. Still carry the reefy in the boat though as I would hate to put the Sarca down on an angry reef bottom and not get it back!

Nathan

Nathan, ya still got the GPS marks for the last one you lost...do I need to buy you some more of that CHEAP rope for the next big trip;D

OPTI
25-01-2011, 07:26 PM
i personally know 4 people that have lost thier saca anchors on the reefs,i was going to buy a manson for my boat ,in the end i got a nice polished stainless plough [for show] for 500 bucks and il be using my trusty old pick anchor on the reefs.they are just too much money too lose imop

ribbit
25-01-2011, 07:36 PM
I have had them on 4 boats now and finnd them excellent in local Westernport which is fast water with mud and reef mix bottom.
Always grabs 1st go

O-3
25-01-2011, 07:58 PM
I've heard good reports of Rocna anchors so I have decided to go for ones of those(was going to go with sarca) on my new boat. Haven't used it yet so can't comment on my personal experiences yet.

There is a good video on their site showing the anchor.

jelifish
25-01-2011, 08:35 PM
My sarca is stuck on a bommie and have gone back to a reef pick. While I had it I thought it was fantastic.

johndeere
25-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Given up on the sarca on limestone reef as their are too many fissures for it to get stuck in. It takes the relaxation out of fishing as your always concerned as to whether you can retreive it at the end of the day.

wakakiwi
25-01-2011, 09:06 PM
too bloody dear to loose !!! 65 dollar plough from bias that way i wont slip into deep depresion if i loose that one

suzygs1000
26-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Jeez, I slip into deep depression when I lose a $15 reef pick!!!!

backlash08
27-01-2011, 06:11 AM
dont use on heavy reef

CCDrifter
27-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Nathan, ya still got the GPS marks for the last one you lost...do I need to buy you some more of that CHEAP rope for the next big trip;D
That was a not a SARCA Gaz it was the original on the KC when I got it. Dirty old useless plough. And yes I have the GPS Mark for it if you want to send Wonder Boy for a swim to get it ;D

Smithy
27-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Too many people seem to lose them for the money. Tripped plough has served me well. Coopers might be worth a look. Not used one personally.

wetryin
27-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Got the sarca and then looking at comments on the site and recommedation of a salesman tried useing the coopers. Coopers was ok whilst using the buoy to pull it up but a pain in the butt when you had to tie a cable tie to it to fully function the right way to use with the buoy. Now got the electric winch (stressfree) with the sarca. Used on many, many reefs (got to be close to 100); and find its right for the job. Most reefs I use it on are between 25m-70m. Never been stuck. Been close once but with a bit of force it came up. In all I would recommend the sarca over anything else. Just my thoughts

dreemon
27-01-2011, 09:03 PM
I love my sarka too, with the shackle up the front and the tail zipp tied to the chain I have always got it off the reef. . so far,
if the wind or tide swings you around and the chain gets wrapped around something solid then thats the end of any anchor no matter what the anchors worth,

it'll be a sad day when she's gone

La Vida
28-01-2011, 08:13 PM
thanks for the input everyone, i think i will go with the super sarca and use a separate reef pick when the occasion calls for it