PDA

View Full Version : Townsville Mercury Mechanic

Daisy Burnett
23-01-2011, 08:34 PM
Hi Guys. Just moved back to Townsville with the boat, I have a 115 Opti on the back and will shortly be looking for a reliable and reasonably priced mechanic in town. Can anyone please give a little advise on the subject?

Cheers
Daisy

Scott nthQld
23-01-2011, 09:52 PM
well there's motor marine the merc dealer, but never had any experience with them.

I have a yammie though and Tony's mobile marine is great, also does a few different mates' mercs too. Well priced and doesn't feed you any bullshit. Has even helped me with advice in doing my own repairs (bought the parts off him though). Can't thinks of his number but he is in the phone book.

eugah
23-01-2011, 10:48 PM
I have a 90 opti & always get it serviced at motor marine, i ve never had any issues & always get great, friendly service from them. They are a dealer & you will pay for that, but they can run all the diagnostics on the opti ( not sure if any of the others can do that)

Adrian

Steeler
23-01-2011, 11:00 PM
When you own a Merc you don't need a good mechanic,just a competent service person;).

Marchy001
24-01-2011, 06:16 AM
J&B Marine who are also Merc dealers travel to Townsville most weeks from Ingham in the 3 years i have been dealing with them i cant fault there service and pricing is miles ahead of Motor Marine.

Its all personal opinion and im sure some people like Motor Marine but for me personally i will never set foot in there again after the few dealings i have had with them.

Cheers

Marchy

Daisy Burnett
24-01-2011, 08:48 PM
When you own a Merc you don't need a good mechanic,just a competent service person;).
Cant argue with that

Steeler
24-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Amen ;);D.

Daisy Burnett
24-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Thats great guys thanks for the suggestions. Gives me a little food for thought.

Cheers
Daisy

aaron_gilmour
25-01-2011, 08:15 AM
I had a problem with my 75hp opti while living up in the ville.

Motor marine did a 100 service and changed the aircompressor for a ticking noise and loss of power but couldnt fix it so refitted my original compressor.

Drove straight up to J & R Marine and within 15 min had it diagnoised with the top piston nipped up. 20 minutes and it was stripped down for me to look at the damage. Awesome work

Simple really, call Johno up in Ingham, every week they travel to the ville to service their clients as mentioned. Cheaper and far better service!!!

My personal experience anyway...

D river
25-01-2011, 01:03 PM
tony's mobile marine 0416 132 713 I've used him n he is good and well priced