PDA

View Full Version : I helped out a fellow boatie........

theoldlegend
20-01-2011, 03:30 PM
Hope this is the appropriate forum for this.........

We took the dog for a bit of a walk this afternoon to Cleveland. It's a park about 200 metres or so to the west of the Raby Bay VMR. That's the place where Marlin Mike reckons he does volunteer work of a weekend, but I suspect it's more of a session of gambling, drinking and womanising for him.

Anyway, we were walking along the foreshore towards Ross Canal when I saw this bloke paddling a tinny near the sandy little beach up there and making pretty heavy weather of it.

The conversation went something like this:

"Got problems mate? Yeah, ran out of fuel. Why don't you row instead of paddling? One of the rowlocks is busted. Are you trying to get to the ramp at the VMR? Yeah, but the tide and the wind's against me. Where did you come from? Out of the canal just up there."

"Throw me a rope and I'll pull you along, and you use the oar to keep it away from the rocks."

Well, that worked for a while until we hit the area known as the boat harbour near the VMR ramp. With the tide dropping it was so shallow, so I helped him push the tinny into deeper water near the green beacon and then pulled him round the boat harbour until we got to the ramp where another bloke was waiting.

Then they put it on the trailer.

He told me he'd been fishing in the canals with the kids that morning and went back on his own and then ran out of fuel, so he mustn't have had too much to start with. The boat was a 4 point something Allycraft with a 25 Yamaha.

I think there's some valuable lessons here that I hope he realised and thinks about before he goes out again.

All's well that ended well. Gave me something to do as well.

TOL

Steeler
20-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Your a good man TOL,only a fellow boatie would have taken the time to ask the question and offer a hand.

finga
20-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Why didn't you hop in and use the other paddle??

theoldlegend
20-01-2011, 07:07 PM
What? And bloody exert myself? I was there to relax Scott. :(

It was sad that he'd been out with his kids in the morning, and must have only just got back with the fuel he had in the tank.

His whole trip was very badly planned. It could have been really bad if the kids would have been on board.

TOL

PinHead
20-01-2011, 07:15 PM
just watch finga..now he will be down at the ramp everday in his red skin tight suit with SUPER TOL across the front of it.

finga
20-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Blue suit he has matey. Or was that his twin??
I thought TOL smoked a pipe, had tattoo's and liked to eat green stuff

sleepygreg
20-01-2011, 11:59 PM
Scott, you need to get out and fish............that is way too funny..............lol

theoldlegend
21-01-2011, 05:58 AM
Don't you worry about that, Sleepy......

They're a packa perverts.....

I try to provide assistance to my fellow man and look what happens......

They show no compassion, no sympathy, no nothing.

I hope Finga's chooks turn into emus and kick the crap out of his outhouse dunny door.

TOL

finga
21-01-2011, 11:18 AM
I try to provide assistance to my fellow man and look what happens......

They show no compassion, no sympathy, no nothing.
TOL
Seeing how your so 'holier then thou' and show sooooo much compassion I went looking for your picture in the Bayside Bulletin and found this.

Steeler
21-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Don't they have dunny's inside at Warwick ?.

finga
21-01-2011, 02:41 PM
Don't they have dunny's inside at Warwick ?.
Yeah if you want to close the door on the chook pen.
But if you do that the view is interrupted and there's nothing that comes close to the pleasure of contemplating the ways of the world, enjoying some tranquillity, marvelling at the beauty of nature's panoramic majesty and having a big bog at the same time.

Marlin_Mike
21-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Hope this is the appropriate forum for this.........

We took the dog for a bit of a walk this afternoon to Cleveland. It's a park about 200 metres or so to the west of the Raby Bay VMR. That's the place where Marlin Mike reckons he does volunteer work of a weekend, but I suspect it's more of a session of gambling, drinking and womanising for him.

TOL

No rumour to that truth TOL............................ none at all......... :P

mrmagoo01
23-01-2011, 08:54 PM
Thats good of you to help that bloke out. I reckon its always good to help others out. Not many people do it these days.

I was out on my jet ski at eagle point last summer and came across a guy about 3k out in lake king, He was trying to swim his stand up jet ski back. I asked him if he wanted a tow back, dunno if it was pride or just didn't want to be a burden, he replied that he was ok and would enjoy the swim back. (3K Swim...ok!( Fair enough I said.........I went back about 15 minutes later to check on him and he said "might grab the tow now" :)