PDA

View Full Version : 3m Flat Bottom Punt with 4HP

Tinshack
18-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Hi, I am looking for a good second hand 3.0m punt, have got an add in the wanted section on Ausfish.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=3437

Main point I want to know is if anyone has a 3m flat bottom punt, how they go with couple of people with a 4HP pushing it. I have currently got an old Dehaviland punt with a borrowed 2HP Honda 4 stoke & it is good but considering a 4HP when I purchase newer boat & motor. Any help would be good, looking at cheap car topper for dams ect... Cheers, Dave.

bennykenny
19-01-2011, 06:56 AM
hey Dave ive got a 3m punt with a 2007 6hp merc. with 1 person in it it will get up on the plane pretty quick but when you put 2 people in it it wont plane but travels at a reasonable speed. just depends on how far you travel n the dams, cheers BK

seren-y-mor
19-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Hi Dave I have a 3.6m savage that i put on the camper trailer (car topper), it has a 3.3hp merc on, the idea is to not go over 3 kw or 4hp in Qld because then it dose not have to have rego, and as we have a boat and 2 other trailers we really dont need another boat to register! although it wont plane of course with both of us in it, Its fine for me and the wife in the dam and the little engine fits neatly in the tool box on the camper. we have a screw on bimini and a little humminbird sounder that fits into the rowlock holder, its just the job for what we need....

wetryin
21-01-2011, 02:50 AM
Dont know if this helps but had a punt years ago and alum boats have come along way since then. One of my first boats was a quintrex 345 cartopper. I bought it a few years ago, new price was around $1000 then. I dont know what they are worth now but as it was only 45kg it got up on the plane really easily (would do around 40kph). Admittedly there were 2 of us in the boat (probably 160kg) and an 8hp but because of the weight of the boat and design (being a v bottom) worth considering.

Timfishin4fun
22-01-2011, 06:37 AM
I have a 3.8m punt with a 10 1996 jonno on it.

It flies along with three people in it.

I would definetly recommend going that little bit bigger if you want to travel a few more kms.

I only use around 4 lts fuel for a full day out doing heaps of running around.

Tim