PDA

View Full Version : Alley or fibreglass

stevel3
18-01-2011, 03:33 PM
I know another controversial question but, what the benifits of both and how much heavier are the glass boats compared to the alloy ones of a simular size and configuration.

maimai
18-01-2011, 03:44 PM
I know another controversial question but, what the benifits of both and how much heavier are the glass boats compared to the alloy ones of a simular size and configuration.

Hit the search tab and you will get all the answers you need and some::)

maimai
18-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Ohh to add that Scotto's new haines is lightter than some plate boats of the same size, does this make it ride better?

PADDLES
18-01-2011, 04:07 PM
i think it's also a question of what is your usage going to be?

Chimo
18-01-2011, 04:13 PM
And what your going to tow with?

And are you careful or do you like to run aground on ramps and rocks?

And do you and your wife appreciate a softer ride such that glass will give at any sort of speed in waves / chop?

If you get the idea then the choice is yours.............

And notwithstanding the above there are some soft riding ali boats about such as the one you were looking at earlier but the same breed with a screen would be dryer and more comfortable.

stevel3
18-01-2011, 04:30 PM
yeah I think I am probably better off with alloy as my son will want to use it and I doubt he would be as carefull as me. I did have a glass boat ages ago and had to replace the transom, I wouldnt get caught like that again. I dont mean to be a pain its just helpfull to get a few differant opinons.
Towing a boat is no problem, I have an AU Falcon automatic ute.

stevel3
18-01-2011, 04:35 PM
i think it's also a question of what is your usage going to be?

mostly for fishing around Moreton bay and the Broadwater near south Straddie, plus the odd day to go swimming and relaxing around places like wave break island etc as well.

MEG-A-BITE
18-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Fiberglass is not as soft as you would think,all you chip is the gellcoat,and this is very easly sorted.