PDA

View Full Version : Any tradies need a labourer to help flood rebuild?

TheRealAndy
18-01-2011, 11:52 AM
I am happy to help out on weekends. Of course, I dont want money, but then I would expect that services are not charged out.

I would prefer to help out those who are not charging, and those not doing insurance jobs. (ie helping those who are not so fortunate).

I have plenty of tools for electrical work and and some tools for carpentry work.

Chris Ryan
18-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Ditto to what Andy said. I will work out Ipswich way.

I daresay though it will take a while before things happen rebuilding wise due to the insurance claims and assessors getting around?

maimai
18-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Ditto to what Andy said. I will work out Ipswich way.

I daresay though it will take a while before things happen rebuilding wise due to the insurance claims and assessors getting around?

Chris, i see you are about Ipswich way, i hear that shops are price gouging, bread from $2.50 to $9.50 and so on, can you you confirm this

Steeler
18-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Chris, i see you are about Ipswich way, i hear that shops are price gouging, bread from $2.50 to $9.50 and so on, can you you confirm this

I hope not that is criminal >:(.

rubba
18-01-2011, 04:58 PM
good on you buddy love it :)

Chris Ryan
18-01-2011, 05:00 PM
Yeah mate. Carton of Carlton Mid normally $37 was $50. One bloke was selling bread for $10 a loaf on Wednesday last week. Another shop sold 2x600ml bottles of pepsi for $13.50. There is a lot more too..........apparently there is a facebook page on it.

Marlin_Mike
18-01-2011, 05:04 PM
shame on them, hope he names even more of the scum
&feature=channel (http://&feature=channel)

More power to you Mate....Nice one, well spoken. Good onya

maimai
18-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Sorry Andy for putting this up on your thread mate, i should of started my own

sid_fishes
18-01-2011, 05:15 PM
good on you son
need a hand cause i would love to come and play

GBC
18-01-2011, 05:51 PM
Give me a few weeks and I might need some hands to redo a mate's place who wasn't insured. He hasn't even seen the house because he's just had pins removed from his leg from a car accident two years ago and can't risk infection.
They've got three kids and he's off work with his leg at the moment.
I've got it stripped, cleaned, denailed and drying out ready for sheeting over the weekend, but there's plenty more to come.
Elecs, cabinetry,plumbing, plaster, fitoff, paint and floor coverings.
There's no money going on here, just a hard luck story that needs rectifying.

I've spent the last two days on an invisible leash to my loo with the dreaded 'flood guts' so not much going on over there.

There must be a thousand stories just like theirs - I'm still digesting what I've seen.

TheRealAndy
18-01-2011, 06:05 PM
Give me a few weeks and I might need some hands to redo a mate's place who wasn't insured. He hasn't even seen the house because he's just had pins removed from his leg from a car accident two years ago and can't risk infection.
They've got three kids and he's off work with his leg at the moment.
I've got it stripped, cleaned, denailed and drying out ready for sheeting over the weekend, but there's plenty more to come.
Elecs, cabinetry,plumbing, plaster, fitoff, paint and floor coverings.
There's no money going on here, just a hard luck story that needs rectifying.

I've spent the last two days on an invisible leash to my loo with the dreaded 'flood guts' so not much going on over there.

There must be a thousand stories just like theirs - I'm still digesting what I've seen.

Let me know, more than happy to come out and help. I am pretty handy with all that shit but refuse to do painting! Where abouts are we talking?

GBC
18-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Man I hate painting too.

Rinora st corinda.

http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-27.549068%2C152.991382&z=20&t=k&nmd=20110113

Their's is the place immediately left of the grey roof.

Mark-P
18-01-2011, 09:56 PM
Man I hate painting too.

Rinora st corinda.

Im only 15 minutes away, Glazier by trade & pretty handy .
Just let us know !!

Mark

Marlin_Mike
19-01-2011, 05:53 AM
Man I hate painting too.

Rinora st corinda.

Willing to help also, Just holler when you need it.

Mike

PS: Hate painting also.....damn he's gonna have an unpainted house... LMAO

fishfeeder
19-01-2011, 11:26 AM
I am no expert or in the trade but have painted a few rooms in the past so I am willing to help out someone in need.

Will donate 2 x 20L drums of paint if needed also.
Just let me know if I can help.

Cheers
Brett

samsnap
19-01-2011, 01:02 PM
How old are his kids - Any Girls?? I have a few things I can send their way - PM me the details if you like - the olds live very close by, So I'm over that way often.
Cheers Sammy

GBC
19-01-2011, 05:55 PM
Very generous of all of you. As a plan comes together I'll let you know what the go is.
Samsnap - again very generous. We also offered clothes as we have similar aged kids. When they evac'd they got out the most important stuff - kid's books and uniforms for next year, clothes and the like. They claim to be o.k. in that department. The are over at the Gap at an auntie's place so I really can't say just how much they got out with.
I personally threw out a washing machine, fridge, gardening stuff - enough belongings to fill the footpath in front of their place.
Spent about an hour stripping his newish blowervac on sunday, new fuel, cleaned carb, ready to go. Pulled the starter and the mechanism crapped itself - so that went on the pile too.

Steeler
19-01-2011, 06:20 PM
Great effort guys and keep us posted eh your all champs.