PDA

View Full Version : Logan River Marine Closing Down

La Vida
17-01-2011, 02:50 PM
Just Heard today that Logan River Marine is closing down, business decision rather than receivership. shame as they gave good service

JACE...
24-01-2011, 10:31 AM
What does this mean for warrantys on motors etc ?

Spaniard_King
24-01-2011, 10:55 AM
Warranty is held by the manufacturer ie Honda .. BRP Logan river would only have to warranty their workmanship

Giveitacrack
24-01-2011, 01:18 PM
What a shame if this is correct.....Another long established business with excellent brands gone.My dream would be to run/own a boat dealership like LRM.Perhaps it is better to dream than face the reality of running a small business in these "so call" prosperous times.Good luck to the owners and staff for the future and thanks for there service in the past.

NormC
24-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Seems to be correct. And I would change the wording to HAS CLOSED.

I emailed them on Friday about a minor warranty issue on a boat I purchased in July last year. With no response, I rang today and got the dreaded ' the number you have called is not connected' message.

Norm C

weeman
24-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Yes its true. Drove past the other day and the yard was empty.

wrenchman
24-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Thats sad news , they were a good bunch of blokes .. i bought some fishing gear there when they had a sale and used to buy parts for my Johnson o/board there .. The spare parts guy was pretty cluey bloke

Lucky 1
24-01-2011, 08:27 PM
Rod/Mat have been servicing my boats for the last 10 years. Problem is, where to now ??

La Vida
25-01-2011, 10:07 AM
had a honda NMEA2000 engine interface cable on order with them, paid for it, no cable and kiss $165.00 goodbye, and I only took delivery of my boat from them in late Dec 2010. I guess I was lucky to get the boat and motor before they closed:'(

business class
25-01-2011, 11:04 AM
Rod/Mat have been servicing my boats for the last 10 years. Problem is, where to now ??

Pm Spaniard King on here as he does all engines not just Honda And he comes to you;D

Sea-Dog
25-01-2011, 01:16 PM
Another place I'd recommend for servicing is just up the road from LRM at Yatala Yamaha.

I've had my motor serviced with them twice, and the price has been the best I could find in Brisbane and they are very thorough.

They even took the time to tidy up a bit of loose cabling for me at no extra charge.

No hesitation in making a recommendation. (No connection with them either)

Unit 1/11 Christensen Road
Yatala, QLD 4207
Phone: (07) 38078299

Kill Bill
25-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Go and visit Bob at Leisure Marine - 3242 Old Cleveland road, Capalaba.

Great Service technician - pricing is OK

rayken1938
03-02-2011, 08:27 AM
http://www.graysonline.com/sale/75994
Some good gear there ends 8/2/11
Cheers
Ray

addobaz
03-02-2011, 09:15 AM
I am glad you guys had some good service there- They sold me a boat (brand new) that had a bloody hole in it! When I asked them to fix it they told me I was going to have to pay for all the transfer costs to send the boat back to the manufacturer. How can you sell a product and not take any responsibility for it? Then make me pay to fix a brand new boat with a hole in it! They weren't my favourite people after that.>:(
So they are closed now hey? Oh well:'(

cormorant
03-02-2011, 10:32 AM
had a honda NMEA2000 engine interface cable on order with them, paid for it, no cable and kiss $165.00 goodbye, and I only took delivery of my boat from them in late Dec 2010. I guess I was lucky to get the boat and motor before they closed:'(

If you paid by credit card get the reversal done via the bank.

As they aren't actually in liquidation if you wanted to be nasty and had a lawyer mate you could start proceeding to stop their sell off via auction. One phone call letter would probably see you paid out to shut you up. A lot of effort for the $ involved

mik01
03-02-2011, 04:38 PM
http://www.graysonline.com/sale/75994
Some good gear there ends 8/2/11
Cheers
Ray

just checked it out. some of the gear is already bid at over retail price :o
elsewhere
thats if you believe the bids are genuine...

looks like a mugs auction - keep your money in your pocket unless you know what you are doing.

Blaster Bretty
03-02-2011, 06:39 PM
I am glad you guys had some good service there- They sold me a boat (brand new) that had a bloody hole in it! When I asked them to fix it they told me I was going to have to pay for all the transfer costs to send the boat back to the manufacturer. How can you sell a product and not take any responsibility for it? Then make me pay to fix a brand new boat with a hole in it! They weren't my favourite people after that.>:(
So they are closed now hey? Oh well:'(
Yeah mate your response sounds like the norm, I have heard more horror stories from LRM than any other shop! not to mention my own experience's when I went in there!
To me this is no surprise at all, word gets around in the end!