PDA

View Full Version : Best Open Fibregalss Centre Console 5 to 6m

devocean
15-01-2011, 10:25 AM
In th emarket for a 5 to 6 metre Glass Centre Console. I am leaning towards the Hooker but if anyone has got any experience with other brands please share

boatboy50
15-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Hey Mate,

Have a look at the Lewis 590 Centre Console.

http://coastalpowerboats.boatpoint.ninemsn.com.au/boats-for-sale/details.aspx?R=9793665

Pm for details if you want any info.

Darren

Flex
15-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Gunna cut your grass here Boatboy sorry:)

My Seaswirl striper is for sale.

Its a 2101 Centre console. Now with a custom T-top just installed Im yet to post pics in the add.

One of the better riding mono's I've been in by far.

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=8757197

Im keen to sell so i can upgrade.

DOGFIGHT
15-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Hey Mate,

Have a look at the Lewis 590 Centre Console.

http://coastalpowerboats.boatpoint.ninemsn.com.au/boats-for-sale/details.aspx?R=9793665

Pm for details if you want any info.

Darren

Boat looks good, but i do have to question the 90hp on a 5.9mboat, would it even get up on the plane with 4 guys and gear? sure hell will be a short lived motor

boatboy50
15-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Hey,

As with all new packages, the power plant is optional. We have to start somewhere don't we.

Everyone has different needs. You may need to carry 4 fisherman and their gear, but the next retired buyer might need to putt from spot to spot in the Broadwater on his own after Bream.

The choice is yours.

Darren

GBC
15-01-2011, 06:08 PM
542 signature cc.

Scott nthQld
15-01-2011, 09:17 PM
I haven't been in many fibreglass boat in that size range, but between a 575 cruisecraft, 600le haines signature, an older steber craft, and the 5.5m galeforce, I would prefer the galey out of the lot, cheaper, rides well, fairly stable, plenty of fishabilty, will be just as at home shooting around hinchinbrook and larger creeks as it is heading offshore to the reef. Also, Can't remember the blokes name, but the bloke who owns/builds the galeforce range will customise everything you want, everything from rod lockers (good when the weather's iffy, stow the barra gear in the lockers and if its too rough, bring out the barra gear and put the reef gear away) to casting decks, storage, leccy mounts, eskies everything. no timber in the boat at all and comes in much cheaper than the over inflated, 'paying for the name' boat like the CC HH and Signature range.

stinky-stabi
16-01-2011, 08:21 AM
if you got a few dollars spare have a look at the contender range of boats best c/c's ive ever seen

deckie
16-01-2011, 08:29 AM
Maybe have a look at Sea Devil in Ulladulla. If you're looking for a good sea boat they make up a great 6m rig.

FNQCairns
16-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Whats the name of those boats with the 25 or so deg dead rise built somewhere down the NSW south coast (mallacouta inlet?)...serious boats like no other from memory. There was a 5m hull. If I had the money and need it's big brother would be parked in my yard.

Moffy
16-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Dan,

What's your timeframe - was in the Hooker factory the other day (brother's getting a 6.7WRC built) and they said they are redoing the 6m centre console this year in a similar way to how they redid the 6.7 - i.e I took that to mean they will tweak the transom design (currently fairly low cutout transom - and can get the odd bit of water over it) and a few other bits and pieces (don't see them playing with the hull design that works so well) - worth talking to them about that before committing if you do decide to go with a Hooker.

Cheers,

Moffy,

STUIE63
16-01-2011, 02:02 PM
Whats the name of those boats with the 25 or so deg dead rise built somewhere down the NSW south coast (mallacouta inlet?)...serious boats like no other from memory. There was a 5m hull. If I had the money and need it's big brother would be parked in my yard.

Cootacraft????

FNQCairns
16-01-2011, 06:25 PM
Thanks Stuie63,

http://cootacraft.com/

Boris Slaven
06-02-2011, 07:40 AM
gday i have previously owned a 6mt hooker they are an exellent offshore fishing boat thou expensive to buy new i used it to fish the showlwater bay area in central qld travelling up to 80klms out . icurrently own a galeforce 5.5 set up for comp fishing.not quite asgood offshore but more stable and better up creeks and much cheeper.it comes down to where you live and the type of fishing you do.if you live anywhere near the goldcoast ill take you out for a run.

scuttlebutt
06-02-2011, 09:28 AM
My cyclone's up for sale (going bigger)

http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=9995670

fishfnq
06-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Hey Devocean, how's the hunt going for that console boat ? I'm in the market for a similar thing (may go to 6.4m max) and very hard to narrow down. Have you got a list that you have narrowed down to ? I like the look of the seaswirl stripers and looking at that type of thing.

Pond123
06-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Hey Devocean, how's the hunt going for that console boat ? I'm in the market for a similar thing

So am I :-) I was out in a Galeforce the other week and was very impressed with how they handle the chop. I want a boat that I can use within Port Phillip bay but that has the ability to head out of the bay on calm days. Ideally, it should not be longer than 5.5m. It is a tricky ask.

Has anyone tried one of the barcrusher plate centre consoles (the 5.7XS)? Their adverts say that they ride as soft as a fiberglass boat. I am guessing that this is not strictly true, but it would be good to hear from someone with firsthand experience......

pilchardjones
07-02-2011, 10:32 AM
my dad is selling his converted 17 haines centre console.
he hasn't advertised it anywhere yet - but will do soon.
it's in mackay. 90 saltwater merc. $18k
pm me if anyone interested.
steve

Pond123
07-02-2011, 09:02 PM
my dad is selling his converted 17 haines centre console.
he hasn't advertised it anywhere yet - but will do soon.
it's in mackay. 90 saltwater merc. $18k
pm me if anyone interested.
steve

Would be keen to see some photos and some details (how old etc)

Horse
07-02-2011, 09:24 PM
There are a host of great boats that fit. A lot were mentioned here
http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=171548

I would probably bite the bullet and import but there are great local options as well

Cheers

Neil

krazyfisher
26-02-2011, 06:45 AM
How has the search gone? interested in whats out there as I think this is a good around style for NQ

team_mongo
26-02-2011, 06:26 PM
For hardcore fishing, I'd second a contender.
A contender 21 is going to be hard to beat for ride, range and fishability.

24.5 degree vee
340 litre fuel tank
over 300nm range.
Vinyl ester construction.

have a look at http://contenderoffshore.com/index.php

four_button_arnie
27-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Ive got a 5m Southwind side console, which i think is a bloody great boat, very similiar to the Gale force IMO. They are worth checking out, new they are now made by Lewis and you can stick a 150HO on the ass off it....scary I have a 100four stroke and she fly's.

Im sorry if this is a shame-less plug but check out the classifieds my baby is for sale

Josh

krazyfisher
27-02-2011, 06:13 PM
has anyone been in a 5mtr hooker? whats the ride like? etc