PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane river

dreamin
12-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Does anyone know if all the pontoons, boats restraunts etc floating down the river, do they eventually get cleaned somehow or are there gona be alot more artificial reefs in the river and bay

Matt76
12-01-2011, 03:39 PM
I heard 'The island" and the moggil ferry are going to get sunk. Probably where they are I would imagine.

Spaniard_King
12-01-2011, 04:04 PM
I maintain a barge which signed a contract with the brissy CC just last week to remove rubbish from the river from the last flood.. but somehow I can see them being able to fulfill the contract.

see here http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?p=1241455&posted=1#post1241455

Beast1965
12-01-2011, 04:11 PM
They are investigating whether to sink the island and moggil ferries due to the extensive damage they could cause to bridges etc,

wayno60
13-01-2011, 07:01 PM
looks like we have a new casting platform on the mudflats off fishermans island...
without the height of the water at the moment i dont know how they will ever get it off and towed it back to the CBD....

URAGANGI
13-01-2011, 08:21 PM
:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: Wayno
That's Gold

Fish_gutz
13-01-2011, 08:39 PM
A boardwalk section is down near luggage point and the restaurant is around near the water police. Sangate foreshore has it`s own bit of the boardwalk and plenty of timber.

captain rednut
13-01-2011, 08:47 PM
i meet two blokes today whom are responsible for cleaning up the entrance to cabbage tree creek boatramp today they worked to clear all the rubbish and timber etc and neatly placed it out of the water for the council to pick up. well down fellas you are legend australians and deserve some recogisition.
cheers jim

TheRealAndy
13-01-2011, 09:09 PM
i meet two blokes today whom are responsible for cleaning up the entrance to cabbage tree creek boatramp today they worked to clear all the rubbish and timber etc and neatly placed it out of the water for the council to pick up. well down fellas you are legend australians and deserve some recogisition.
cheers jim

Did you see the ever growing number of pontoons at VMR? The lads were out there towing them back.

Our boys got the call from SES to head up to Ipswich, so they hooked up the little 4.5m stabi to the car and off they went. Champions, you just cant stop them, they have been working non stop since the begining.

I have also seen Brisbane CG, and VMR Raby bay up the river helping out.

Well done boys, a round of applause for you.

wayno60
13-01-2011, 09:51 PM
Im sure that when its all done and dusted there will be alot of unsung hero's that dont do it for the applause, they do it because it has to be done.

cheers to them all

QF3 MROCP
14-01-2011, 03:54 PM
Did you see the ever growing number of pontoons at VMR? The lads were out there towing them back.

Our boys got the call from SES to head up to Ipswich, so they hooked up the little 4.5m stabi to the car and off they went. Champions, you just cant stop them, they have been working non stop since the begining.

I have also seen Brisbane CG, and VMR Raby bay up the river helping out.

Well done boys, a round of applause for you.

... and Redcliffe CG were at the mouth and in the bay towing them back to Scarborough Marina.. ;)