PDA

View Full Version : How are floods going to effect rockys fishing?

gros21
10-01-2011, 01:10 AM
I'm dead set keen to try my nex Xmas baitcaster and throw the equally exciting soft plastics arround. But barra season doesn't start to feb (is that right) would even like to try 2 catch a flathead or 2. But as I have no boat it's all bank fishing for me. How long till I'll be able to get a fish u reckon? And good places I'd prefer nice clear water throwing a lure at visible underwater objects.

Any good places?

ifishcq1
10-01-2011, 07:03 AM
All data points to a very good next few years
after all major flood events the following years have seen much higher catch rates of nearly all species inshore and offshore
it could take weeks before the river is in good shape but places like the Causeway and Coorooman Creek are still producing a couple of fish
both of these spots the fishing is just as good land based

cheers

jtpython
10-01-2011, 07:09 AM
You sgould be able to go to Great Keppel and cast for a Barra and Saratoga off the beach there mate lol. Freash everywhere
:) JT

BOMBIE
10-01-2011, 07:58 AM
There are barra in Coorooman, but its pretty much catfish heaven at the moment ,then again they are good crab bait !!

MY ALIBI
10-01-2011, 10:24 AM
hi gros21, wayne here ,il be home from up north on friday nght , and posibly heading out wide on sun / monday for a fish you welcome to chip in for fuel ect .. weather permiting of course ...... i see reds , reds n more reds hopefully

gros21
10-01-2011, 08:30 PM
would love 2 mate but as ive had a month off im dead broke. id be dead keen next time though.

mmmm never been to Coorooman creek were would u fish along there? ive got a 4x4 lux so dirt roads are ok.

you boys seen the pics of teh barra over the spill way at awonanga?

also were would u go chasing barra atthe causeway ill ive ever done there is bait fishing and trying to chase the odd flatty on soft plastics just after the causeway its self.

sorry for all the annoying questions just wanna get a barra

Greg P
10-01-2011, 11:29 PM
You sgould be able to go to Great Keppel and cast for a Barra and Saratoga off the beach there mate lol. Freash everywhere
:) JT

JT - Hope Matty keeps them crocs in ;D;D;D;D;D

jtpython
11-01-2011, 06:50 AM
There's been a few bitey stick sightings about.
JT

Spiderpig
14-01-2011, 07:21 PM
If your after clear water and a barra and don't mind fishing fresh try lake mary or canal creek. The crossing should be down by now and you should be able to get in from the rocky side. I have caught nice barra there, you will have to put up with the catfish though.

gros21
14-01-2011, 08:52 PM
Were are those places an directions or a map would be great :p