PDA

View Full Version : Maroon dam full

steve99
09-01-2011, 09:13 PM
Its been a few years since my last visit to Maroon dam so I drove out today to see how it was looking after all this rain. When I last fished the place 4-5 years ago capacity was about 30% ,well,its certainly changed now - its full.

http://i52.tinypic.com/34pgn4i.jpg

Bad_Bazza
10-01-2011, 12:53 PM
Hi Steve,
Did you have any trouble getting to Maroon?

Where did you come from to get to the dam?

I was planning a trip yesterday but could not find any road info to make sure it was worth the trip.

Regards
Bad_Bazza

steve99
10-01-2011, 09:27 PM
Hi Steve,
Did you have any trouble getting to Maroon?

Where did you come from to get to the dam?

I was planning a trip yesterday but could not find any road info to make sure it was worth the trip.

Regards
Bad_Bazza

No, I didn't have any trouble getting there. I went Canungra,Beaudesert and Rathdowney.

Bronson
11-01-2011, 11:27 AM
Well its definitely full now steve it looks totally different from years back. looks good.

cheers

Bad_Bazza
11-01-2011, 11:57 AM
Any thoughts that I may have had about a visit to Maroon have now long disappeared out the door as we receive the heaviest rain & storms this morning that we have experienced in my memory of living here (22 years).
I have had gutters overlfow at home (Ipswich), something that has never happened before. I am also finding out that I have some other drainage problems which until now we have never experienced.

We are situated well above the '74 levels but we are still experiencing localised flooding because of gutters/drains etc overflowing.
It will have to reach biblical proportions to flood us but never say never.

The Bremer is expected to peak at 20 m tonight but who knows where it will go to with this additional rainfall and if Big W goes over the spillways.
The possibility of Big W going over I would say a distinct possibility with the additional rainfall this morning.

My thoughts go out to all of those who are in the midst of the current disaster being experienced here in SE Qld.

What it does say is how quickly things in life can change.

Bad_Bazza

bass-pirate
11-01-2011, 02:56 PM
I was out at maroon sunday as well. Did surprisingly well considering all the rain we have had, got 20 bass and my first maroon 40cm for the year. 40 seems to be a magic number out there, only caught 2 others over the years going 41 and 42cms