PDA

View Full Version : Watched a bloke put a boat on a trailer today

finga
07-01-2011, 08:16 PM
Went for a drive out to the dam today to look at some water.

I reckon this bloke would have had a bit of trouble holding the boat down while he drove out. The front roller was even near underwater. You can just see it above the water line between the boat and the back of the ute.

Sad bit there's a boat ramp to the left of the picture but a guy was parked on it fishing.

It looks like you fella's in Brisbane aren't the only ones to have fun at the ramps.
Best thing is there's water at the ramp to be able to use it....wooohooo ;D

sleepygreg
07-01-2011, 11:19 PM
they all look very relaxed and comfy fishing from the ramp there Scott. A bit like the twits that set emselves up to fish off the holding pontoons at the various ramps around brissy....then get all antsy when someone wants to actually tie a boat up to the pontoon while they get the trailer. Have no problem with people fishing off these structures, but they need to be aware of what the structure is there for, and have the courtesy to move when someone comes in with their boat. I have been guilty of chucking a line in off a boat ramp or a holding pontoon, but I always move to make way for incoming boaties, and give them a hand to tie up and retrieve if they want, just keeps the peace and smiles all round.

Greg

The_Tub
08-01-2011, 01:41 AM
hey
it looks like everyone is relaxed especially the driver,me and deepfried had to take my prop off at the pontoon at evans because of some idiot and fishing line,i think he's all fogged up with the ease and no preasure and was practicing for the real busy stuff

Steeler
08-01-2011, 06:44 AM
People fishing from boat ramps = Halfwits !

Just as bad as those who drive past the pull up areas back down the ramp then proceed to get all there gear out of the car and throw in the boat.

griz066
08-01-2011, 06:55 AM
Went for a drive out to the dam today to look at some water.

I reckon this bloke would have had a bit of trouble holding the boat down while he drove out. The front roller was even near underwater. You can just see it above the water line between the boat and the back of the ute.

Sad bit there's a boat ramp to the left of the picture but a guy was parked on it fishing.

It looks like you fella's in Brisbane aren't the only ones to have fun at the ramps.
Best thing is there's water at the ramp to be able to use it....wooohooo ;D

Talking to dad last night and you need to hide behind a tree to bait your hook at the moment, he and a mate c&r a mixed bag of yellas slimey's & silvers all from the bank. Took a feed home as well.

finga
08-01-2011, 07:01 AM
There were a few out there fishing yesterday Griz but hooly dooly there were some sight see'ers.
I don't know if the guy with the boat in the picture was giving the blokes fishing a bit of lip or what.
I was going to go and give him some pointers about the lack of need to drown the trailer to retrieve his boat but thought....mmmm. he's a bit touchy by the looks.
It looked like a brand spanker rig.

What was your dad and his mate using?? lures or shrimps/worms?
Are they local??

I put some other pictures up in the freshwater section too.

How relaxed does this guy look??
This is what life is all about :)

Jarrah Jack
08-01-2011, 10:57 AM
It all looks pretty relaxing to me Scottiee. If I was the guy putting the boat on I'd be cool about that depth. No crocs there.

Its amazing how water can transform inland dams and rivers, from a dry dusty harsh place to peaceful tranquility.

Shawn 66
17-01-2011, 01:08 PM
G'Day Mate,
As you know I was out there recently. I can sympathise with the poor boatie . I think all the water got into some peoples brains this year . The one thing I noticed was the complete lack of consideration shown by SOME members of the sking fraternity . By this I mean setting up their pergolas/sunshades smack bang in the middle of a dirt boat ramp and giving you a gobful when you have the audacity to question them .
Anyway it was bloody great to see the dam at 100%. Yellows were a bit hard to get , but still managed to get a few feeds.
Shawn;D

Kevaclone
18-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Those pics look like a normal day at the Ullman Rd boat ramp into the Caboolture River. since it's mainly for launching very large boats on the rails and the drop off is quite shallow. you either drop the trailer off the sides of the ramp or take the car for a swim

hooknpull
21-01-2011, 04:31 PM
are you for real? he could had easily made it past them.. bloke seems like an idiot doing that to his car. couldnt he speak? its not that hard to ask them to move their car. jeez some mothers do have em

indy
22-01-2011, 07:09 PM
he may have just been recently up the beach and thought he would give his vehicle a good fresh water flush

La Vida
23-01-2011, 05:29 AM
this is a typical example of how self centred and inconsiderate society has become these days, stuffs others I will do what is right for me right now.

People need to wake up to themselves!

griz066
23-01-2011, 05:35 AM
There were a few out there fishing yesterday Griz but hooly dooly there were some sight see'ers.
I don't know if the guy with the boat in the picture was giving the blokes fishing a bit of lip or what.
I was going to go and give him some pointers about the lack of need to drown the trailer to retrieve his boat but thought....mmmm. he's a bit touchy by the looks.
It looked like a brand spanker rig.

What was your dad and his mate using?? lures or shrimps/worms?
Are they local??

I put some other pictures up in the freshwater section too.

How relaxed does this guy look??
This is what life is all about :)

Worms, and yes locals;)

finga
23-01-2011, 06:28 AM
Gees matey. Tell him to call in and have a yarn and cuppa.
I'll pm you my details.
I might learn something from them.