PDA

View Full Version : 2000 model 25hp Yammy-yay or nay

Pete Makra
06-01-2011, 02:39 PM
G'day guys, thinking about having a bid on this 2000 model yammy on ebay to replace my mid 80's 25hp mariner for my tinny.

Thought I would get your views on it as the motor was used on an oyster farm. Does this indicate it was flogged. If it has been stored for some 10 or so years, would it still be OK.

My current motor is OK but I am getting it all set up again, height, prop pitch etc. Just thought a much newer motor would give me peace of mind thats all. Looks alright to me but your thoughts would be appreciated, cheers.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170583717820&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

thejumbie
06-01-2011, 03:38 PM
i cant tell you if the price is right but had a look (online) as it was used at a farm,
looks like it has not been sitting in water which is good but probably no flushed after each use and just tilted out of the water,

being stored for so long i would not have started it without a service first and surprised it pumps water, i reckon it should be ok but give it a full service first,
i had a 150 V6 yammy and think they are unbreakable and great motors
good luck

rosco1974
06-01-2011, 04:47 PM
at $1525 it is top dollar for a outboard of that age..wouldn't want to go to much higher..
cheers rosco

Pete Makra
06-01-2011, 06:39 PM
at $1525 it is top dollar for a outboard of that age..wouldn't want to go to much higher..
cheers rosco

Yeah, thanks rosco, wasn't prepared to pay that much anyway. Might have been OK though but will continue tweeking my currnet 25hp to see if I can get her runnin OK until I get somethin bigger later in the year, cheers