PDA

View Full Version : Attention Cyclone Owners

leelee
04-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Hi guys.

I was after a bit of info about the cyclone 540. I did a search and came up with a few old threads but wanted some more up to date feedback if possible.

Anyone in Brisbane have one and use them offshore on a regular basis? I would like to hear some feedback if possible of the handleing in good and bad conditions?

Also any pics of layouts would be great.

Any feed back good or bad about any aspects of these boats would be greatly appreciated?

Cheers

Lee

leelee
05-01-2011, 08:37 AM
Bump;D

Cheers

Lee

leelee
07-01-2011, 07:47 AM
Bump ;D;D;D

Moffy
07-01-2011, 09:06 PM
Lee,

Try a PM to Scuttlebutt - he has a Cyclone 540. He may not be around at the moment though - as he would have probably replied by now if he'd seen this.

Cheers,

Moffy

chucknduck
07-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Lee,
I have a Cyclone 540 centre console. Love it to bits. Gorgeous looking boat that handles rough water well. I have only used her in Moreton Bay and Hervey Bay up to Rooneys in some crap conditions and always felt safe. Remarkably dry when other boats alongside have copped a drenching of green water. Crossing back from Moon Point in a strong South Easter springs to mind. Cuts through the chop extremely well.
Have not gone outside but would not worry on the right day.
Have fitted trim tabs and a new 100 Yamaha 4 stroke since I got her secondhand in 2006.
Don't like the no access to the petrol tank and have rewired the electrics completely throughout.
Filling with fuel is a slow painful process.
Ezytow trailer completely refurbed and redipped after bad corrosion appeared near axle on offside main beam. Beam was replaced as was electrics, wiring and springs. Spent plenty but she's worth it!!;D
Mick

leelee
07-01-2011, 09:55 PM
Lee,

Try a PM to Scuttlebutt - he has a Cyclone 540. He may not be around at the moment though - as he would have probably replied by now if he'd seen this.

Cheers,

Moffy

Thanks mate he has replied via pm and sent some pics.

I was after Cragie as I have found out he used to have a one quite a few years back. i have sent him a PM but suspect he is on holidays.

Lee,
I have a Cyclone 540 centre console. Love it to bits. Gorgeous looking boat that handles rough water well. I have only used her in Moreton Bay and Hervey Bay up to Rooneys in some crap conditions and always felt safe. Remarkably dry when other boats alongside have copped a drenching of green water. Crossing back from Moon Point in a strong South Easter springs to mind. Cuts through the chop extremely well.
Have not gone outside but would not worry on the right day.
Have fitted trim tabs and a new 100 Yamaha 4 stroke since I got her secondhand in 2006.
Don't like the no access to the petrol tank and have rewired the electrics completely throughout.
Filling with fuel is a slow painful process.
Ezytow trailer completely refurbed and redipped after bad corrosion appeared near axle on offside main beam. Beam was replaced as was electrics, wiring and springs. Spent plenty but she's worth it!!;D
Mick

Any chance you can send me some pics?

I am just after as much info as possible as I am looking at a few options and still need to weigh up local v's import. No doubt the damage to the trailer had already taken hold before you go to it.

Cheers

Lee

chucknduck
07-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Lee,
Yes spoke to new owners of Ezytow trailers who knew about the problem and told me where the corrosion was before I could tell them! Must be due to lack of vent holes when they were originally made and dipped.
There was no probs with the old 90 Merc 2 stroke that had 200 odd hours on it except I wanted a quieter 4 stroke that I could use to chase longtails on the Bay with a fly stick.
Look up the threads on Cyclone trim tabs and you'll see some of my pics of Rogue Trader.
Just got this pc back after Christmas crash on HDD and still organising files etc.>:(

Mick

leelee
07-01-2011, 10:25 PM
Lee,
Yes spoke to new owners of Ezytow trailers who knew about the problem and told me where the corrosion was before I could tell them! Must be due to lack of vent holes when they were originally made and dipped.
There was no probs with the old 90 Merc 2 stroke that had 200 odd hours on it except I wanted a quieter 4 stroke that I could use to chase longtails on the Bay with a fly stick.
Look up the threads on Cyclone trim tabs and you'll see some of my pics of Rogue Trader.
Just got this pc back after Christmas crash on HDD and still organising files etc.>:(

Mick

Thanks mate. Much appreaciated. Saw the pics. Nice rig.

Cheers

Lee