PDA

View Full Version : Crusiecraft 575 Outsider advice

Wazzup01
03-01-2011, 10:39 PM
I am looking at buying a crusiecraft 575 outsider and was looking for some advice, opinions, reviews and also suggestions about what I should include if I do get one. I will be looking to use it for offshore fishing around Gladstone and also family day trips. I have 2 kids one 6 and one 4. I currently have a Mclay 585 cruiser which has been an excellent boat and I am happy with that size of boat for what i do (shed won't take anything bigger anyway) and just feel like it is time for a change.
Are the cruisecrafts really as good as what you read?

P.S. Anyone want to buy a Mclay 585 cruiser with a 115hp yamaha 4 stroke on the back?

sleepygreg
04-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Just make sure you get the dunny in it, and along with all the other standard features in the outsider...things should be sweet. A 140 4stk pushes them along very nicely. (am sitting here looking at one in the driveway with a 140 jonno (suzi) and trying to think what 'extras' were ordered on it.) Other than specific electronics....the only extras were the 4stk jonno, dunny, and extended hardtop. Nice rig....and very suited to your scenario. (get an extra 12v outlet somewhere in the cab to charge the DS that the kids will inevitabley need to keep them amused.)

nofrills
04-01-2011, 05:13 AM
bro in law has one

150 yammi 4st with the roof ,clears ,rocket launchers,also has a ski pole bracket under the bait board.you just remove the bait board and put the top on the pole.good set up.

scotty

PinHead
04-01-2011, 05:41 AM
if you are looking at a new one there are better options avialable.

pilchardjones
04-01-2011, 09:39 AM
here is a nice one
http://www.fishingtownsville.net/2010/09/boat-for-sale-cruisecraft-outsider-575.html

2BNVS1
04-01-2011, 10:14 AM
i know Nathan and the crew at cruisecraft well. i love the 575 would love to have one. good quality boats.

Ben.

oldie
04-01-2011, 01:16 PM
if you are looking at a new one there are better options avialable.

enlighten us?

charleville
04-01-2011, 02:30 PM
enlighten us?

Ditto, Pinhead.

You have us dangling and it is painful. :o

PinHead
04-01-2011, 02:39 PM
try Striper..Trophy and other brands.

here some difference between the CC and the Striper I had..both similar money.

Striper - positive level flotation as standard..at that time CC - none
Striper - fiuel capacity 230l..CC - 150
Striper - self draining deck CC drained into the bilge
Striper - forward and read bilge pumps - CC - rear only.
Striper - lock up cabin CC..just a zip up curtain
Striper - 60l fresh water and sink CC - none

plus the finish on the Striper was better than the CC.

Snapper john
04-01-2011, 03:55 PM
You have got to be joking PinHead when it comes to finish, the cc wins hands down. I have had time on both boats and for fishability the cc is way ahead, just my opinion though .

DAZMC1
04-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Sorry but take all of that fancy uphulstery away from the sides and have another look, you won,t think thet,re very well finished then. I,m talking mid 2000 models and talking from experience. Other tan flimsy built they are a beatiful looking boat and great for the family, but they slap in the chop.

TimiBoy
04-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Agree with PH and Daz. The finish on the Stripers is head and shoulders above the CC. Comes from building thousands of boats a year rather than a couple of hundred. Not denigrating the CC though, have had one and would, HAPPILY, again.

Cheers,

Tim

Catweb
04-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Seem to be light in the bow and tend to be bum heavy, hence the slap in anything more than 1/2 metre sea. The world is your oyster in that price bracket, shop around I am sure you will find a better sea boat if you want to venture out wide.