PDA

View Full Version : Hey you Salties, Have a crack at this!

poddy mullet
01-01-2011, 08:49 PM
FISHING COMPETITION
CANOBOLAS MARINE LAKE BURRENDONG CLASSIC

Briefing: 22nd, Fishing: 23rd & 24th April EASTER 2011

$20,000 plus in Cash and Prizes! All Procceds go into Re-Stocking and Rec Fishing Projects!

Check out :www.iwra.com.au (http://www.iwra.com.au/) for entry forms and more details!!!!!

poddy mullet
03-01-2011, 11:20 AM
The Redfin at Lake Burrendong are in a feeding frenzy at present, and seem to be slamming pretty much any offering presented in the correct fashion!

Scott Watkinson, Dallas Ridley, James and Matt Craft and I (Matt Hansen) sounded out a sumbmerged rock point in the main bassin at 6.30am.... And to put it simply, enjoyed one of the most amazing redfin sessions we have ever experienced!

Casting LCB's and a variety of small soft platics on 1/8 and 1/4 ounce jig heads.... And well.... 2 hours later and we were struggling to find room to store them!

Red fin (English Perch) are an introduced PEST, and are single handedly responsible for the annihilation millions of native fish fingerlings from the inland system every year. Throw on top of that the fact that they carry the deadly EHN virous, which is harm full to native fish, and we have on our hands a problem perhaps worse then the European Cap!

A ferocious feeder, my mates and I love nothing more then a big red fin sesion to feel that we have done our bit! We ended up with 287 for the day between our 2 boats.

Please, if you catch a reddie, take it home fore the table or get it out of the system! Releasing this PEST is going to do nothing but stuff the future of our fishing!

Matt Hansen.

poddy mullet
05-01-2011, 03:15 PM
Lake Burrendong now at 120% and tipped to still be around the 100% mark for the comp! Matt Hansen

dreemon
05-01-2011, 03:55 PM
Looks like it would be fun ! what happens to the red fin after there out of the water? smash them for fertilizer? cheers

bondy99
11-01-2011, 08:58 AM
poddy mullet,

I'd like to get into this myself and do my part to proetct the native fish and collect some of these redfins and score some yellowbelly also.

Downside, no longer have a boat and never been involved in freshwater fishing except for gar, catfish and redclaw.

Can you use petrol engines or is it electric only?

Cheers