PDA

View Full Version : Another Noble Hits The Water

Broomey
01-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Hi fellas,
Thought you may be interested in the journey of my new Noble 7.5mtr Hard Top from start to finish, as everyone else did all the homework and got prices from several dealers through out Australia, Qld, NSW, Vic. and WA, ended up buying through the Noble Dealer in WA with a lot of input from Jasdon Lee GM of Noble International. Wanted to make a few changes to the layout, change Helm /Dash layout, have double side pockets, rod holders angled at specific angles, Trim Tab Plates welded on build, Anchor winch plate welded in, Sarca Anchor Bow Roller ect, nothing was a problem , Boat is 7.5 mtr , 380lt fuel, 100 ltr fresh water, live bait tank ect ect.
Heres the start of the build process that took 6 months from start to finally on the water in Broome

Broomey
01-01-2011, 03:11 PM
Double side pockets

Broomey
01-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Cab and Helm

Broomey
01-01-2011, 03:25 PM
Trim Tab Plates and Anchor Winch Plate

Broomey
01-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Out of Paint Shop, wish this went as quick as photos are showing ;D

maimai
01-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Wow, another great looking boat, I'm at the stage getting a few quotes ATM and have not even thought of these guys..........What power will you be running?

Broomey
01-01-2011, 03:47 PM
Having a few probs with the pics, will get to the Paint shop ones in a sec:-?

Broomey
01-01-2011, 03:52 PM
Painted , this is going to take a while :-?

Broomey
01-01-2011, 03:56 PM
More of Paint, not as dark as I wanted, but that what happens when picking color from a swatch chart >:(

Broomey
01-01-2011, 04:04 PM
Going quicker now!!!::)

Mai Mai, patience ol mate , all will be revealed :P

Broomey
01-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Trim Tab Plates, anchor winch plate, and custom upholstery on seats,8-)

Broomey
01-01-2011, 04:19 PM
nearly ready to load into the container!!! at last :D

Broomey
01-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Carpet is in, tinned wire run, all is done, ready to load into the container :D

Broomey
01-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Thank God I was'nt there when they were loading into the container, not much room to spare!!!:o

Broomey
01-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Now the wait begins, a bit over 3 weeks from China to Freemantle, at last it is here!!! all that needs to be done is get it out of the container ;D , luckily all went well, and after 3 weeks on the high seas and with the loading and unloading, not a mark on her!!8-)

Pazz01
01-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Looks very sweet mate. Whats going on it? PLenty of fishing room there.

Pazz

Broomey
01-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Ordered as a bare hull, didnt want the dealer to do any fit out or supply trailer, all they needed to do now was get the trimmer to supply and fit clears,rear shade and divider, get Hard Top fitted and windscreen put on, trailer is running late so more time wasted, another 7 days.
Pics of when I first saw her, the clears &shade

Broomey
01-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Looks very sweet mate. Whats going on it? PLenty of fishing room there.

Pazz,

Paitence Pazz, soon to revealed.

Divider and trailer being built, these guys build a great trailer, but very slow, its a 3.5 t multi roller, with drop down beach launching wheel, had the brake system raised onto the winch post to keep it out of the water, they threw in all Hella LED lights for the dramas thet caused, in these pics they still have'nt finished any of that!!:)

Knotpretty
01-01-2011, 05:20 PM
Thats a great looking craft thanks for the photos. mojo

Broomey
01-01-2011, 05:26 PM
its finally ready to bring home, trailer guy still stuffing me around but asures me will be ready to go when we get there, unfortunately lost my job about this time so there goes the 200 series L/C to tow her home, oh well the old girls turbo hilux will have to do!!!:o left Perth 2 pm Monday, arived Broome 6 pm Tuesday , two drivers staight through, bloody long way at 90 kms an hour.;D

Broomey
01-01-2011, 05:54 PM
OK , now for the fitout, thats being done by Red Dirt Marine here in Broome, we decieded to go this way as he does a first rate job and very neat finish with his work, also the local Honda dealer, this is what went on....
225 hp Honda..... will up scale when Honda bring out there bigger motor !!!;D
QL trim Tabs
Lewar anchor winch
Garmin 5012 touch screen
Garmin Sonar
Garmin Blue Chartw/ g2 vision
Garmin Auto pilot system
Garmin Digital intrument display
Garmin VHF
S/S Out Rigger bases and 14 ' game poles
Glove Box
Fusion Stereo w/I Pod docker
HID Search light
Rear LED deck lights
LED lights on side pockets
Led interior light
Sarca no.4 anchor
Fresh water pump
replace salt water wash pump
replace with LED nav lights
re plum live bait tank
2 X12 vlt power out lets
2 batteries
dual battery switch with VSR
16 switch circuit breaker swith panel, used all of the switches :o

Oh and Jason, I know you will be reading this, sorry mate just could'nt leave those Noble International stickers on the side, they had to go, and came up with this!!!!!;D

OPTI
01-01-2011, 06:01 PM
thats an awesome set up ,congradulations and thanks for sharing the pictures

Broomey
01-01-2011, 06:05 PM
After 2 weeks finally all done, shes got a new name and a new look!!!!:o

Broomey
01-01-2011, 06:17 PM
out rigger bases and more pics of finished product

Broomey
01-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Lol, with a cyclone about to build of the coast , time to wrap Obession in her new cover!!

Thanks for taking the time to read this, I know it has taken a while to get to the end , but I hope you all think it was worth it.
Just like to thank Noble Boats { Jason} for all the dramas I gave him, and for thre product he delivered, top finish on the hull and just a couple of little complaints that I will take up with him later , but a great Boat, also Waterworld in Perth for all the hassles I gave them and there patience with Trailit Trailers.

Any questions just ask!!!:)

Broomey

testlab
01-01-2011, 07:44 PM
That is one fantastic setup. You've gotta be proud and happy to have that

Matt76
01-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Bloody impressive mate, we really do appreciate threads like this. I look forward to more info and pics!

Greg P
01-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Nice stuff Broomey. Certainly kitted her out with the best gear. I can't quite see from the pics but do they have the fuel tank pick up and return lines mounted on the transom?? If so, not sure I would leave it like that for long.

Spaniard_King
02-01-2011, 08:21 AM
Nice rig Broomey!!

Say hello to Sam next time your in there;) We did our master tech course together:)

Broomey
02-01-2011, 12:50 PM
[
Thanks Garry,

Will do , as seeing Sam when he opens again to get the Prop and engine height right, we played with it for a few days different props , pitch size, found that the Lexor 15 3/4x15 with motor on 2nd hole was about best we could do, WOT 37knts and using 68lt p/hr, still reckon we can get a bit more out of her, will try a 15 1/4 x 16 and see how it goes when everyone gets back to work.
Sam a great guy and loves a drink , had many a long night sitting in his shed, don't think his missus was to happy though :-X

Got any inside info on Honda bringing out a 250. 275, 300 HP in the near future? Sam seems to think it will happen and should see something later this year.

Eddy

Broomey
02-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Greg P, MoJo,Testlab, Matt76, OPTI,& Pazz,

Thanks fellas , took a long time from start to finish, but we finally got there, Greg, yep that is the fuel pick up and return that you can see, I was a bit concerned as well but was assured there should'nt be any problems by Red Dirt, Pazz yeah mate have got a heap of fishing room, but thats what we wanted as go chasing Marlin and Sailfish of the coast here, and generally need as much room as we can get when we get double or triple hook ups ;)

Broomey
02-01-2011, 01:11 PM
More pics, battery set up and electrics one side, fresh, salt and live bait pumps other side.

Thanks

Captain Seaweed
02-01-2011, 01:18 PM
Nice rig Broomey!!! I only just got home from holidays and found this thread. Nice job I like it a lot. Have you had it on the water yet?? Fit out looks really good and also like your pain job. I am looking at a vinyl wrap at the moment.

Marty

DOGFIGHT
02-01-2011, 02:06 PM
[
Thanks Garry,

Will do , as seeing Sam when he opens again to get the Prop and engine height right, we played with it for a few days different props , pitch size, found that the Lexor 15 3/4x15 with motor on 2nd hole was about best we could do, WOT 37knts and using 68lt p/hr, still reckon we can get a bit more out of her, will try a 15 1/4 x 16 and see how it goes when everyone gets back to work.
Sam a great guy and loves a drink , had many a long night sitting in his shed, don't think his missus was to happy though :-X

Got any inside info on Honda bringing out a 250. 275, 300 HP in the near future? Sam seems to think it will happen and should see something later this year.

Eddy

Them figures are great, Just went back and had a look at the origin 7.5m build with the 300hp zook, you just about get the same WOT and blow it away with the fuel consumption, You have a nice boat indeed

Broomey
02-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Them figures are great, Just went back and had a look at the origin 7.5m build with the 300hp zook, you just about get the same WOT and blow it away with the fuel consumption, You have a nice boat indeed

Thanks Dogfight, yeah I was pretty impressed as well, and with a motor still brand new less than 1 hour , and pushing tide,with diffent prop hope to get a bit more , probably use a bit more fuel, but these hondas are pretty good!!:P

Eddy

Broomey
02-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Nice rig Broomey!!! I only just got home from holidays and found this thread. Nice job I like it a lot. Have you had it on the water yet?? Fit out looks really good and also like your pain job. I am looking at a vinyl wrap at the moment.

Marty

Hi ya Marty
vinyl wrap woo hoo look out !! Not sure how Noble feel about changing the look but just could'nt handle those large Blue Noble stickers in that white area, hope your wrap comes out great, will be getting a Sailfish Decal put on Obsession, should look great.

The missus and I took her out a couple of times last week, weather pretty shitty here at present, so just poked around the Bay getting a feel for her, the second day wanted to go out wide, but very ordinary again, after awhile just said bugger it , lets see what this thing can do, so set the auto pilot to a spot 19 nm out and sat her on 23knts and away went through 1 to1.5 mtr seas and up to 2 mtr swells, had a great fish and after an hour or so bagged out with BueLine Emperor
, caught afew cobia, and the odd Red Emperor thought better head home as weather was closing in and wind had picked up, same again , set auto pilot to guide to Boat ramp,and away we went, 24 to 27 knts same seas, 15/20knt wind and just adjusted speed and trim as needed and look no hands just hang on to the grab rail!!!;D
Took us staight to where we needed to go wide of rocks and turned into boat ramp, and had'nt needed to adjust bearing or anything 8-)
Was great , should have got Auto pilot years ago.
So al in all mate very happy , just a few small complaints , but talking to Noble about these.

Happy New Year

Eddy

Spaniard_King
02-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Eddy,

Yeah have herd some news of bigger engines... no confirmations of size or dates af of yet tho

Ross_685
04-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Absolutely awesome set up Eddy!

Very impressive! Im sure you will have many, many hours of fun in this beast over the next few years!!

Love the colour by the way :P ;D

bigdonk
04-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Fantastis looking boat!! I'm sure it will perform better than it looks!!

Cheers BD

Smithy
05-01-2011, 04:54 AM
Awesome fuel figures. My 150 can slurp down 60 litres an hour at WOT. Mostly 24 litres/h at cruise though.

Broomey
05-01-2011, 01:31 PM
Thanks Ross, Bigdonk ,&Smithy, yep fuel figures are awesome alright makes me think is it really worth playing around with another prop to get a bit more RPM and speed :-? , as realistically not very often you can hammer along in our waters , just on those very rare glass off days , which are very rare when we're out there ;D

Eddy

PeterGar
05-01-2011, 05:59 PM
Thanks Broomey for the useful post. When you responded to my earlier post, you did not mention you were putting you hand up for a 7.5!

My 685 is in production now with expected Ship date of Feb 3 so I should be on the water in late March once Damien form Enterprise adds the trail/motor/sounder etc. Jason has been a pleasure to deal with and certainly has an eye for detail.

There are a few custom options that you have that I am now wishing I had thought of before I ordered mine. The double shelves are a great idea and wish I had thought of them.

I will start a detailed thread once mine gets closer but in short I added a lock up cabin, some cabin layouts and plumbing to accommodate a toilet/ holding tank, QL trim tab plates, Anchor winch plate and extra rod holders. The customizations were very reasonably prices as well. Mine will have a Yamaha 225 and Dunbier aluminum.

I got a lot of help from other forum members in the process that was much appreciated ( see other threads for the acknowledgments)

Peter

Broomey
06-01-2011, 01:05 PM
Congrats on ordering your 6.85, Jason told me there were a couple more in the pipeline getting built, are you getting a centre cab or a cuddy cab, reason I asked was you have said you are getting a lock up cab?, we thought of that also , but reckon it will be a tight squeeze to get into the cab area, so decieded against it and just went for the divider.
Delivery 3rd Feb, I really hope that date will happen , but don't get too disappointed if it takes a bit longer, as I told my self all good things come to those that wait ::) , and wait I did haha.
The 225 should be a great match up and Ali trailer will look great.
Good on ya, another member of the Noble Club:D .

Will be very interested to see your posts when you have got her home!!

Eddy

goona
07-01-2011, 08:02 PM
[
Thanks Garry,

Eddy

Hi Eddy,

Awsome looking rig. I have a 7.4 Pacific Sport fish Super Vee prior to the Noble Name with a 225 Honda and am very interesteed in your prop choices and what will work. I have a 17 inch pitch on mine and WOT gives me 35 knots @5500rpm. Speeking to Garry (Spanyardking) maybe a 16 inch pitch would be better. I am using 1lt per klm @ 4300 RPM in order to get the VTEC operating. What are you getting at this rev range. What do you cruise at?

Regards Goona

Broomey
07-01-2011, 10:19 PM
Hi Eddy,

Awsome looking rig. I have a 7.4 Pacific Sport fish Super Vee prior to the Noble Name with a 225 Honda and am very interesteed in your prop choices and what will work. I have a 17 inch pitch on mine and WOT gives me 35 knots @5500rpm. Speeking to Garry (Spanyardking) maybe a 16 inch pitch would be better. I am using 1lt per klm @ 4300 RPM in order to get the VTEC operating. What are you getting at this rev range. What do you cruise at?

Regards Goona

Hi Goona,
Not sure about ltrs per km but get a cruise speed of 25knts at 4200 and using 28lt per hr , I think, don't take that as true as can't remember, when we go out next I 'll try and take a mental note and let you know, when we did our test, boat was loaded up full fuel 380ltrs, full water 100ltrs, and 3 heavy adults, and pushing an incomming tide ,& motor brand new les than an hour
We tried a 16 pitch and did'nt seem to any better , same top end speed but using 72lt per hr, so have decieded to stay with the Lexor 15 3/4 X 15, may still play with diffent styles Titan or Saturn and see if they preform any different.
A mate has a 7.5 Stabi style boat with a 225 Honda, must get hold of him and ask what prop he is using, might be interesting.

Eddy

goona
09-01-2011, 10:42 AM
Hi Goona,
Not sure about ltrs per km but get a cruise speed of 25knts at 4200 and using 28lt per hr , I think, don't take that as true as can't remember, when we go out next I 'll try and take a mental note and let you know, when we did our test, boat was loaded up full fuel 380ltrs, full water 100ltrs, and 3 heavy adults, and pushing an incomming tide ,& motor brand new les than an hour
We tried a 16 pitch and did'nt seem to any better , same top end speed but using 72lt per hr, so have decieded to stay with the Lexor 15 3/4 X 15, may still play with diffent styles Titan or Saturn and see if they preform any different.
A mate has a 7.5 Stabi style boat with a 225 Honda, must get hold of him and ask what prop he is using, might be interesting.

Eddy

Hi Eddy thanks for the info. That is fantastic economy. If my calcs are right you are getting .6lt/klm. I think I will need to look into different props. Do you find the economy better or worse once the VTEC opens? Can't wait to see what the other props do.

Regards

Goona

Spaniard_King
09-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Tod, Eddy has 2 generations of engine upgrades infront of you and I. It would be too much to expect to get close to Eddy. I must admit he's getting better than I expected.

outwide1
09-01-2011, 11:31 AM
Can i ask a private but important question?How much?

Broomey
09-01-2011, 12:27 PM
Outwide1 PM sent

Eddy

outwide1
09-01-2011, 05:43 PM
PM sent eddy,thanks for your reply.
Mick

Pete Makra
09-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Jeeezzuuss, some of you guys are keen. Fantastic boat & great to see the amount of thought and passion shown in getting something like this built to spec 2 suit your needs. If it was me, I would live in the damn thing. Hope you have many good times in it. Thanks for sharing it with us, cheers

Broomey
11-01-2011, 04:14 PM
Jeeezzuuss, some of you guys are keen. Fantastic boat & great to see the amount of thought and passion shown in getting something like this built to spec 2 suit your needs. If it was me, I would live in the damn thing. Hope you have many good times in it. Thanks for sharing it with us, cheers

Thanks Pete, many months of planning went into this and its great to see it all come to fruition at long last, mmmm re living in the dam thing, well you have heard of the "dog house", well this is better!!! ;D

Captain Seaweed
07-02-2011, 08:26 PM
Hey Broomey what brand outrigger bases?

Broomey
08-02-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi Marty,

Got the complete set up from WA Propellors , these guys are agents for Solas in WA, and make there own bases and poles, find them a lot better than normal bases Solas supply with there poles if interested will let you know more.

Broomey
08-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Thanks Broomey for the useful post. When you responded to my earlier post, you did not mention you were putting you hand up for a 7.5!

My 685 is in production now with expected Ship date of Feb 3 so I should be on the water in late March once Damien form Enterprise adds the trail/motor/sounder etc. Jason has been a pleasure to deal with and certainly has an eye for detail.

There are a few custom options that you have that I am now wishing I had thought of before I ordered mine. The double shelves are a great idea and wish I had thought of them.

I will start a detailed thread once mine gets closer but in short I added a lock up cabin, some cabin layouts and plumbing to accommodate a toilet/ holding tank, QL trim tab plates, Anchor winch plate and extra rod holders. The customizations were very reasonably prices as well. Mine will have a Yamaha 225 and Dunbier aluminum.

I got a lot of help from other forum members in the process that was much appreciated ( see other threads for the acknowledgments)

Peter

Hey Pete,

Any news on your Baby yet???

Broomey
11-02-2011, 12:25 PM
Hi fellas, well she is all done, played with afew props but found the 15 pitch Lexor the best of the bunch as far as RPM, hole shot , fuel, top end,and cruise speed.

Finished putting the rest of the decals on, amazing how a few stickers can change the look !!!8-)

goona
10-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Hi fellas, well she is all done, played with afew props but found the 15 pitch Lexor the best of the bunch as far as RPM, hole shot , fuel, top end,and cruise speed.

Finished putting the rest of the decals on, amazing how a few stickers can change the look !!!8-)

How are you going with the fuel figures now with the final prop. Have you got a lt/klm useage. Very interested seeing you have a 15 pitch on it as I am running a 17 on mine

byron_moses
11-03-2011, 06:05 AM
dont get much tighter fit than that

PeterGar
18-03-2011, 08:13 AM
Hey Pete,

Any news on your Baby yet???

Ok - there is movement at the station.

Boat arrives week of April 7 and believe that I will have handover from Enterprise Marine on April 15. It should be just in time to get some quality South West Rocks fish blood on it over Easter.

Assuming the weather is ok, I am a happy camper.

Broomey
18-06-2011, 07:37 PM
Well Pete,she turned up yet, are ya happy with her???

Love to see some phots if you have.

Broomey

Broomey
18-06-2011, 07:43 PM
hey Goona,

ended up lifting to 3rd hole, makes a small diff kept the Lexor 15 pitch as does the best preformance,, now getting 38knts at WOT 6000rpm using 69lt/hr, cant tell you ltrs per km but am using on an average trip .8 lts per NM, and Im happy with that.
Getting the new Honda 250 when they finally hit the Aust. mkt, want to get over that 40 knt mark lol.

Broomey

goona
16-08-2011, 03:16 PM
hey Goona,

ended up lifting to 3rd hole, makes a small diff kept the Lexor 15 pitch as does the best preformance,, now getting 38knts at WOT 6000rpm using 69lt/hr, cant tell you ltrs per km but am using on an average trip .8 lts per NM, and Im happy with that.
Getting the new Honda 250 when they finally hit the Aust. mkt, want to get over that 40 knt mark lol.

Broomey

Hey Broomey,

They certainly are excellent figures and a hell of a lot better than I am getting. Will definately need to look at a different prop especially after our last trip fully loaded for a weeks camping on the islands. We only just made it up on the plane which seemed like an eternity to get there.

Goona

Broomey
16-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Hey Broomey,

They certainly are excellent figures and a hell of a lot better than I am getting. Will definately need to look at a different prop especially after our last trip fully loaded for a weeks camping on the islands. We only just made it up on the plane which seemed like an eternity to get there.

Goona

Hi Goona,

Yep I would definately look at another prop as Ive said I am running a Lexor 15 3/4 x 15 prop and don't have any probs getting on plane , normally on plane at 2800/3000 RPM.
Just did the Broome Billfish comp, had 5 onboard, {All Big blokes} 400lt fuel ,100lt water no dramas getting on plane by 3000rpm, comp usage for the 6 days 736 lt for 610 nm, came back each afternoon and left with full fuel each morning, and believe me it was not all glass off conditions.

Eddy