PDA

View Full Version : Lean Seat Base

Bad_Bazza
01-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi Everbody,
I am trying to obtain a replacement lean seat base for my boat.
The boat is a 2001 Quintrex Hornet Bass Pro 4.35 m.
I think it may be a Springfield but not sure as there is nothing on it to say what brand it is.
I would like to know what brand it is and/or where I might be able to purchase a replacement.
See photos attached for top and bottom views.

Bad_Bazza

warrior
01-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Bazz I Reckon You Can Pick One Of Those Up From The Local Bcf If Not Get A Pole Too And It Will Fit All The Normal Bases,

banshee
02-01-2011, 10:26 PM
If your boat is anything like my tinnie (3.95 Explorer Trophy) rethink the whole thing and go with something top to bottom from BLA or the like.If this idea doesn't appeal to you load up on cash and head to Quintrex (thieving pricks).........The alloy profile needed to house my seats is worth $98 for about 8 inches,the local dealer wouldn't sell me the facia unless I bought the profile and then a lean post was around the $400 mark.Needless to say I am happy standing......Almost forgot,want some carpet to match......you know,the colour between the two greys that you can get almost anywhere for $30 to $40 a metre yeh you got it,I was quoted $80 a metre for it......yep have to love Quintrex,realy got our interest at heart.

FishHunter
02-01-2011, 10:36 PM
If your boat is anything like my tinnie (3.95 Explorer Trophy) rethink the whole thing and go with something top to bottom from BLA or the like.If this idea doesn't appeal to you load up on cash and head to Quintrex (thieving pricks).........The alloy profile needed to house my seats is worth $98 for about 8 inches,the local dealer wouldn't sell me the facia unless I bought the profile and then a lean post was around the $400 mark.Needless to say I am happy standing......Almost forgot,want some carpet to match......you know,the colour between the two greys that you can get almost anywhere for $30 to $40 a metre yeh you got it,I was quoted $80 a metre for it......yep have to love Quintrex,realy got our interest at heart.

Just like most other businesses in Australia

Bad_Bazza
03-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Thanks guys for the feedback.
I really wanted to go with the same base if at all possible rather than have to do a redesign on the fitting.
I did not want to have to drill more holes if it can be avoided.
The other problem I have is width and the standard fitting available from BCF etc are too wide.
I have been looking at other replacements but they require (because of width)modification to the base and additional holes to be drilled in the boat to accomodate the new base.
The hole centres in the current base are 7" and 4" and base width is 5" and length 9".
Banshee on Quintrex you have to ask the question how much return business they miss out on because of unhappy customers who require a) parts or b) warranty service work to be done. From experience I know that warranty work is treated as second fiddle. Quintrex state they are "new boat builders only".

I will try through a dealer once the businesses re-open after Xmas but as stated that it the "expensive way" I thought that there may be someone out there that recognises the base and know the brand.

Once again thanks everyone for your input.

Bad_Bazza