PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Boats - Owners Opinion???

Spot82
30-12-2010, 08:16 PM
I have a good friend that is looking at buying a Rebel Boat, just wondering if any owners can provide me with any feed back good or bad about the make???

Ride Quality? Build Quality? Fitout? Etc?

Thanks

Anthony

Smithy
31-12-2010, 08:47 AM
One of those brands that slips under the radar for some reason Anth.

Never been in one, never personally had anything to do with one but Changa on a lot of the internet forums had a 6.2 or 6.4 hard top Rebel and did a lot of work out of it before it got stolen last year. That was a lot of marlin fishing on the shelf as well as bottom dropping for hapuka and blue eye at Browns Mtn off the shelf. Typically when the marlin fish off Port Stephens it is 24-26 mile run out to the "Carpark" and then they are coming home in that typical 15-20knot NE seabreeze you get in the arvos.

DALEPRICE
31-12-2010, 12:20 PM
no a couple blokes with them,
all happy with them and a lot cheaper than
a couple of the bigger names that get around.
As aways try before you by as they all ride different.
Bloke i no says its not as soft as the big old fisher hull but
you really need to look at the pros and cons of them all and go from there.

Dame00
31-12-2010, 02:55 PM
hey mate i own a 6.5 hard top with a suzuki 175 all built just over 2 years ago very well made very strong plenty of room i mostly fish the back of bolt always feel safe out there it has 250 litres of fuel 35 ltrs fresh water flush toilet very comfortable with 3 to 4 blokes on a 3 day trip

Greg P
31-12-2010, 03:17 PM
I had a real good look at the "Deep V" model a few years back. Looked really well made and the guy (Warren I think) was a keen fisho and put a lot of good ideas into the fitouts. The other models look similar to the old Sportfish boats pre Supervee era but I am not sure what dead rise they ran - 18-19 maybe. I went with Col in the end but I don't think you would go wrong with them.

BigE
01-01-2011, 12:21 PM
nice looking boats. quick glance at one at the boat show one year, obviiously built by someone who fishes regularly. was eyeing off one of the 5.25 bay runners, anyone been in one of these? looks like a good little knock about rig that would be easy on the wallet and capable on the water.

BigE

BigE
03-01-2011, 03:43 PM
. .

pimp91
06-01-2011, 11:54 AM
mate has one. been out a few times in it top ride great to fish out of and is built by a keen fisher who takes pride in his work you won't go wrong.

mull dog
10-01-2011, 07:48 AM
bumping this one. am very interested to hear more

rcfisher
10-01-2011, 01:29 PM
I had one a couple of years back. I purchased it new through a dealer, a little 4.5 meter side console. Had quite a bit of trouble with it. Not all the builders fault a lot to do with the fit out from the dealer as well. At one stage the welds which held the internal framework to the outside sheets broke away in about 6 different places. It was eventually replced by the builder with full length stringers which worked very well.

Crusty Sea Dog
12-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah mate I had a 5.25 tiller with a 70hp yammy built
by Warren mid last year, very happy with it. It handles well
heaps of room great price and he was a pleasure to deal with.
Would buy another boat through him no worries, my cousin is actually
getting a tiller built by him shortly.