PDA

View Full Version : Rain Rain go away!!

bigdonk
27-12-2010, 07:48 AM
Hi all and merry Christmas,
Well some one had to post it..Hows this freekin Rain?>:( it's relentless... I know we all got new gear to try out! My family got to gether and got me $300 of BCF vouchers, and to top it off I got my new 5.5m C/C last week.... Time to shop:P AAARRRRGGGGHHHH

My situation isn't bad compared to people stuck in transit or being flooded out of there homes......:-[

Post up how this weather has effected you....

Cheers BD

Higgins Family
27-12-2010, 08:01 AM
Hey Mate yeah Me the Misses and 4 kids are packed Boat and Camper are in the shed and ready to go... We were ment to leave today with other family members for a week or 10days out to Weir River 350kms west of Brisbane , that got canned due to the river being in flood and we are unable to get near it even with 4wd.
So we decided on Coolamunda near Inglewood as it usually fished well for Yellow and Cod but roads are cut and just waiting for a break in the rain, the misses even hinted at going even closer to home now and out to Leslie at Warwick...
I do a lot of weather study and am a storm chaser so I know whats going on and Im not too happy about it as I only get xmas off each year and we were looking forward to heading out. We still would have only this time we have our latest edition a 2 month old boy with us so we are playing it safer.
We have had 200mm of rain here at Oxenford in 48hrs and Heavy rainfall looks set to persist today and tomorrow so we will wait it out and keep an eye on roads , rivers, and Dams

Cheers Jeff H
http://www.Higginsstormchasing.com (http://www.higginsstormchasing.com/)

dreemon
27-12-2010, 08:29 AM
We went for a short drive yesterday and I was supprised to see a few boats on the water and some being toad on the road, also just bought a 94 jackaroo and would like to do some maintanance on it but it's out on the street,

The kids have been handling it good so far but it's a matter of moments be for all of us snap :(, :angryfire::rifle: :devil:

gav73
27-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Mate it's driving me mad,I slid the cover off the boat 3 weeks ago to get some gear sorted and it hasn't stopped since.I got stuck at work just before Christmas(20 1/4hrs)after night shift so Im not a fan of the rain at all. We had one fine day so I thought Im off but the roads where cut in three places towards the dam.Im thinking of buying a water tank buisness so the rain will piss off.
Cheers Gav

TimiBoy
27-12-2010, 08:44 AM
I caught a couple of fish yesterday between showers, one off the pontoon and one off the deck - but they were short forays!

A Bream and a Moses Perch, both about 20 cm, both returned. Caught on unweighted bream hook (size?), 8 lb leader, bait was cooked MSA Eye Fillet. Those fish had taste!

Yep, had enough of the rain, but my pick is we'll get a lot more between now and the end of April.

Cheers,

Tim

bigdonk
27-12-2010, 08:53 AM
At least you are getting a line wet... Ive got all this gear to bolt/wire in the boat and i cant even do that.(too big to fit in garage)...

Well im off to the shops now!!;D ;D

BD

wags on the water
27-12-2010, 08:54 AM
I've been in my boat a couple of times now....but it has been in the shed since I towed it to Mackay in September. Still waiting for the skies to clear and the wind to die down so we can get to Dingo Beach for the new year.

Luc
27-12-2010, 09:56 AM
According to BOM, the Brisbane forecast is for 3 fine days on Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

That's the current forecast which may of course change !!

Still, the boat will be ready to go for Friday morning on NPD.

Luc

4x4frog
27-12-2010, 12:03 PM
>:( All here are over it by a long way too.

Cabin fever has set in. There is so much damp stuff stuck in the garage to dry I can't even get near the rods to tinker and make sure all are OK for the day it stops raining. If the rain keeps up, I'll be able to toss some slugs in Bulimba creek from our side deck.

My son got a new dog a week ago and even he is over the rain. He has to be physically taken down the yard on the lead to go do what dogs do. :o Poor fellow, we took him for a walk yesterday in the rain and he turned around after 500m to head home.:D

I'd doubt there is any chance of the usual after the rain good fishing as all the bait fish will be half way to NZ with all the washout from the floods.

Got a u-bueat weather station for Xmas and the barometer has dropped to 999.4hPa relative pressure this morning, so the low is getting closer.

KAHcorp
27-12-2010, 12:23 PM
Hi All
Kids & Grandkids all gone with boat & 4wd packed for 2 weeks at 1770. Road is cut & sitting at home like everyone else reading the forums & hoping the BOM radar starts to show some hope. Looks like friday we will be bumping in to each other on the water. :'( kahcorp

bigdonk
27-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Not fun being stuck inside!! I feel everyones frustration...

BD

Lucky_Phill
27-12-2010, 01:48 PM
I work over the Xmas breaks.... why ? because every other bugga is on holidays ;D

I drove from Springwood to Enoggera at peak hour this morning.... max speed all the way and only 1 red light :o :o :o. How good is this rain ? Keeping every one off the roads ;D ;D

BUT, I do feel for the folks out there and particularly the kids, who are supposed to be beach fishing, camping, waterskiing, playing backyard cricket etc etc....

If we go back to some posts about August / September there were those of us in the know about La Nina coming. Some of us have good memories of weather patterns of about 8 - 10 years ago.... we have been enveloped by El Nino for that amount of time ( yes, there were brief La Nina visits ) Well, even though we had a good idea of rains, nothing could prepare us for what is happening now and will continue to happen. The November rain periods gave us a heads up of what La Nina was about to dish out.

Don't worry about the flushing the systems are getting.... the fishery WILL be fantastic next year and moreso the year after. I am looking forward to the return of good numbers of Snapper inside the bay as well as Grassies. Spanish Mackerel are showing good signs from rains earlier this year with reports ( not on AF, but pro's etc ) of fish up to 40kg from Point Lookout areas and most well known places up and down the coast, with Spotties abundant right now off the Sunny Coast.

Some well known sports outlets are having big Boxing day sales with most offering up to 50% off fishing gear. The time is right to hit the stores and shop 'til you drop !!!:) ;)

I am hoping for clear skies on New Years night and for all to get out and make the most of the fine weather.

Due to unfortunate circumstances, I am taking a 5 day hiatus to Moreton Island in early Jan. With the offer of free accom ( 3 storey house ) , permits and barge fees, I feel it my duty to bow to the demands of others and try to have fun ??? !!! :-X ;) ;) ;)

Now, when the cyclone hits and I get stuck on the island, it will be by sheer good management that the resort bar is a mere 50 paces from my accom. :)

OH< yes....... I am over the rain !!! :(

cheers phill

leelee
27-12-2010, 02:18 PM
I work over the Xmas breaks.... why ? because every other bugga is on holidays ;D

I'm the same.

I will take holidays after everyone else has gone back to work.

Rain whats all this about rain???? All I have here is a waterfall from the clouds, woudl love to rain as that would mean less. Ground can't take to much more water up here. Lucky we had the new retaining wall put in;D

Here is comes again >:(

Cheers

Lee

Kero
27-12-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm over it!
I even had to resort to putting my beer in the kitchen fridge. Every time I go to the shed fridge, I come back wringing wet with mud up to my ankles.:(
My poor kids are climbing the walls with cabin fever and I haven't had the boat out for a month now.:'(
Just think... every day that it rains, is one day closer to the day it stops!

FishHunter
27-12-2010, 02:40 PM
I am also over it, i have a pile of stuff to fit/do to the boat and I cant get most of it done due to it being under shade cloth, I just spent the day in near 100% humidity and rain fitting new seats and still have lights and wiring to do amongst others.
Had to pull the pin on tomorrows trip as well because I cant get the boat out of the yard as its just a bog.

PinHead
27-12-2010, 02:42 PM
I'm the same.

I will take holidays after everyone else has gone back to work.

Rain whats all this about rain???? All I have here is a waterfall from the clouds, woudl love to rain as that would mean less. Ground can't take to much more water up here. Lucky we had the new retaining wall put in;D

Here is comes again >:(

Cheers

Lee

without that wall you would probably be down the bottom of the gully by now.

Let it rain..had nothing planned and back to work on Wednesday so no worries there...but am concerned for those facing flooding of their houses..definitely not a good time for them.

Scalem
27-12-2010, 02:43 PM
My wife and daughters are not as passionate about outdoor life as I am, they can take or leave fishing too. Don't know how many trips they have been down the shops and back, returning with another "guess what I found on special" story. Nothing better to do than join them at the movies, which took me about 20 mins just to find a park, only to do a dance with many people walking at the movie complex - WHY CAN'T PEOPLE JUST KEEP LEFT, SAME AS ON THE ROAD?? So I move to the left the same time as they move to their right, sometimes resembling some new dance move while just trying to avoid a collision. I really love crowds!!>:(

Yep, not long now and I will be sleeping in the boat, I'm over this!

Scalem

PinHead
27-12-2010, 02:50 PM
there was the perfect opportunity Brian and you missed it..you could have gone and bought the you beaut surround system you want and come home with it and said..Look what I found on special.

leelee
27-12-2010, 02:53 PM
without that wall you would probably be down the bottom of the gully by now.

Let it rain..had nothing planned and back to work on Wednesday so no worries there...but am concerned for those facing flooding of their houses..definitely not a good time for them.

Yes I agree, thank god we got it finished in time.

I feel for the people who are being flooded or suffering damage from these storms.

Cheers

Lee

AnthonyL
27-12-2010, 03:00 PM
I have a new boat that i was looking forward to getting out in on my only week off of the year. I see it is looking good for this weekend but i am rostered on at VMR.

Scalem
27-12-2010, 05:26 PM
there was the perfect opportunity Brian and you missed it..you could have gone and bought the you beaut surround system you want and come home with it and said..Look what I found on special.

There is a story to that one too;D ;D I took one of my favourite CD's down and asked if I could play it in the system I am keen on. No problem he says. So I ask to fast forward to track 10 where I know that track will test the systems' capability. He anwers he can't fast forward to track 10. Wadda ya mean? I don't have the remote. So where is the remote? It's out the back is the reply. What's it doin out the back? If I need to vary the bass and trebble, how do I do that? You need the remote was his reply to which he adds remote controls get stolen all the time and they are over one hundred dollars to replace. If I can't truely test the sound, I am not going to buy it am i?
Hello?? Hello?? Buying signal right there you plank of a sales person>:( so he starting serving someone else and I walked out, went home and put the whole idea on ice for a while.... I need to go FISHING!!;D ;D

Scalem

PinHead
27-12-2010, 06:34 PM
There is a story to that one too;D ;D I took one of my favourite CD's down and asked if I could play it in the system I am keen on. No problem he says. So I ask to fast forward to track 10 where I know that track will test the systems' capability. He anwers he can't fast forward to track 10. Wadda ya mean? I don't have the remote. So where is the remote? It's out the back is the reply. What's it doin out the back? If I need to vary the bass and trebble, how do I do that? You need the remote was his reply to which he adds remote controls get stolen all the time and they are over one hundred dollars to replace. If I can't truely test the sound, I am not going to buy it am i?
Hello?? Hello?? Buying signal right there you plank of a sales person>:( so he starting serving someone else and I walked out, went home and put the whole idea on ice for a while.... I need to go FISHING!!;D ;D

Scalem

LOL..gotta love that one Brian.

I know when I bought the subs there was another couple in the sound lounge..listeing to some Eagles quietly..i had a look at the DVD case..excuse me for a second i said...went to Rocky Mountai nWay and cranked the hell out of it..the bloke said to me..damn that is loud..I said yeah, good huh. I play it like that at home..LOL

If you are over the northside any time gimme a holler and drop in and have a listen..it will give you a starting point..LOL

Axl
27-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Ive been at work for the past two weeks (flying home tomorrow) so I have missed alot of the rain. I feel for the people who have taken time of only to be stuck inside.

The BOM is syaing that the rain will stop towards the end of the week so hopefully ill get the boat in the water this weekend.

That gives me time to grab a bargin or two from the sales get some fuel and bait then hopefully find a few crabs out in the bay.

Keep your chin up its got to get better with the flush out the bays and estuary's have had the action should improve.

finga
27-12-2010, 06:47 PM
Rain??? What rain?? The sun's out here.
A lot of wet campers in the park next door though.

nathank
27-12-2010, 07:02 PM
soooooooooo over it.. i have a week booked into 1770 and i have a bad feeling it wont be spent doing much fishing.. i mooved up to QLD from NSW under the false pretences it was the sunshine state (the number plates say so) safe to say "i want my money back!!!"

URAGANGI
27-12-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm with the rest of crew, I want to see my shadow in the sun once again. Australia the land of drought and flooding rain, Yep how true!!!

I help mantain Santuary Coves grounds. And over the last couple of weeks It's been more than trying, working in the conditions trying too upkeep high standards of grounds maintainance. If I even attempt mowing with my triplex mowers it's going to be a boggy slushy mess, I just have too stand by and watch it grow....I tell ya that's frustrating stuff.

And just to be a glutton for punishment, on my day's off, I'll go on my regular sun up to sundown fishing adventures. Just how long before man well and truely addapts and starts growing feather's perhaps webbed feet or even a change in skin colour? How about tree frog green.

Today I got up 3 hours before first light and headed for pottsville for a beach fish, I got home during the late afternoon and was flogged all day long by relentless rainfall. There was an upside. At least I managed a nice feed of surf bream and the rain was at least warm.

As what was mentioned before one more wet day is one more closer to a fine day.

But hey at least I'm now at home, my thought's go out for the family's with kids in caravan and camping sites, If your got a breaking point that'll test you. Good on YA Guy's dig in deep. At least your giving it a GO!

Cheers
Gav.

wayno60
27-12-2010, 07:10 PM
lol yer good on ya bud.....mate even for the locals it SUX, IM OVER IT....This is not normal.......

finga
27-12-2010, 07:38 PM
i mooved up to QLD from NSW under the false pretences it was the sunshine state (the number plates say so) safe to say "i want my money back!!!"
They can also say QLD The Smart State. They're got to be pulling your leg alright. :-?

nigelr
28-12-2010, 07:47 AM
Yeh, after the wettest spring in recorded history, makes me wonder what the 'wet' season will be like.........my money would be on the 100 year flood or worse in the next 6 months.
But dear me won't I love to be proven wrong!
Oh, and love your work Jeff!8-)

Dignity
28-12-2010, 07:57 AM
I'm over it, even the muddies are being moved out of home, tried the other day and we got 37, none legal and nearly all green shelled, figure the continuous fresh must be irritating them. Any more rain and they will take up residence in my back yard which is like a swamp and my yard is mostly sand.

TimiBoy
28-12-2010, 08:20 AM
Remember folks, Juliar wants us to have a Carbon Tax because it is getting hotter and drier. That rain out there, that lack of 30+ temperatures, that's all in your heads!

;D;D;D;D

Cheers,

Tim

jtpython
28-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Crocodiles are swimming in my front yard

Chamelion
28-12-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm going nuts, the kids are going nuts, my wife is going nuts... I'm moving a few hours north in April, with the way the forecasts look I'm almost considering packing my fishing gear away until we move. o_O

samsnap
28-12-2010, 05:00 PM
mmmm - how much are air fares to Perth?? Is the Fishing any good over there - they have lots of sunny things on the weather map every day!!! Can't complain we got in early & had a fab week at Moreton 1st week of school hols at Cowan Base only got a bit of Rain 2 arvos when Brisbane got hammered by those 1st big storms Wed & Thur - got some great photos of it :). Hope all the Members stay safe & have a Happy New year Cheers Sammy xxx

Spot82
28-12-2010, 07:17 PM
I went and checked the crab pots today with Perko up in Hervey Bay, I wore my 5mm wetsuit haha. We scored 4 alright muddies, hopefully a few more in the morning and a feast tomorrow night :)

But yeah definitely over the rain, makes people do stupid things like running crab pots in torrential downpours lol

Anthony

owey87
28-12-2010, 07:44 PM
few fish still seem to be one the bite around gladstone marina had a few legal bream and a couple of 30 odd cm cod there not worth keeping but with really light gear make for a bit of fun to keep me going till the weather comes round

BLOOEY
28-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Loving the rain myself. find some clean water near it and there is plenty of fish to catch. The wind is not so nice though. GET OUT THERE AND INTO IT!!!

rabbi
28-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Well I did mention in another thread recently that there would be unseasonally heavy rain after christmas and it would wash all the tourists out here!

No such luck!
They are gathering in numbers and a bit of sunshine brought them all out today.

No room to fish and very little room left on both walls.

We are having a flood here at Ballina now so the river is mud and washing out to sea a long way.
The main fresh should be here in a day or two but its very muddy, too muddy.
There were a few small jew around prior to this but now its just washing out with excessively muddy water.
Should attract a few Noahs though.

I have a few days off after nightshift tonight and tomorrow so I might go out and mix it with the tourists.

Cheers, steve.

bigdonk
09-01-2011, 08:58 PM
This is crazy its not letting up...:-[ Im sure its effecting 1 in 3. Hope everyone keeps safe!!

cammo79
11-01-2011, 02:59 PM
is that your new boat marcus NICE looks to me like u need to head up to mackay soon, i got a queen bed in the spare room for u and the missus and another room right next to it for the family

bigdonk
13-01-2011, 08:52 PM
cheers Cammo ill be calling ya in the year....

Marcus

cqfreshie
14-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Yeah, this rain was gettin' to me also. All the missus did was sit there, complainin', lookin' through the flamin' window, tappin' it and wiping away the condensation.

Well, I supose now that it's stopped, I can let her back inside.

Almako
14-01-2011, 10:17 PM
So are you guys heading out onto the bay tomorrow? I'm a bit worried about debri in the bay but am desperate for a run to Moreton.