PDA

View Full Version : Funny morning Fishing

steve harney
21-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Hi All
This was a while ago but it still makes me smile when ever I see a old timer fishing by himself!!
Had a day off & I'm fishing mid-week, go to the local river near the Highway bridge got some bait & rods & down there pretty early!! parked up only to see one car great!! In coming tide fresh bait & no one else around cool!! Got down to the fishing deck noticed one guy sitting there on a chair holding his rod line in the water, gave him a wave & started setting up looks good bait fish everywhere great stuff, baited & tossed it out & started mucking around with the other rod & the one in the water goes off shit, well grab the rod & after abit pulled in this really nice bream close on 1kilo hell this is good!! well this went on throw in & getting these ripper bream got broken off a few times I'm was carrying on a bit laughing, swearing making heaps of noise all this time the other fellows just sitting there not catching anything not even pulling in his line & checking bait, everytime I caught a fish I yelled out to me old mate check this dude I was I suppose carrying on like a pork chop but when there on there on hey!! well after awhile I went accross with some mullet flesh & offered this fellow some & said mate they love this stuff & here try some mate he gave me the cold shoulder & mutted something under his hat!! fair enough & went back fishing catch a few more ranting & raving like a nutter tripping over buckets etc etc!! Well this other fellow starting to pack up & when he pulled in his line he didn't even have a hook on!! mate you haven't got a hook on mate & got some bream hooks out & tried to give him a couple, He told me to piss off!! ok ok I get the hint I packed up & started cleaning the fish & thinking the fellows a dude anyway!! the other fellows walking passed & he comes over, well I'm thinking this blokes some nutter & I've got my knife in my hand & things were getting strange, he comes over & says mate I have 7 kids a wife that give me a hard time & only the Time I get some Peace & Quite is 2 hours a week down here & you turn up carrying on making all this noise I come here to get away from it & than he tells me he doesn't even like fishing & doesn't put a hook on so he doesn't want to catch anything it's a hassle mate!! far out dude that's sad!! anyway he went his way but before he went He said see u next week but can you keep it to a dull roar next time!! yea mate what ever!! I did go the next week really just to check him out he was there fishing & no hook he was a bit friendly this time, funny thing I had no kids at the time & didn't understand it than but now I have 3 kids & I do understand the piece & quite time!!
Cheers Steve
PS at least I put a hook on

theangryangler
21-12-2010, 04:12 PM
haha some people are classics eh but still you were only offering him help bein nice.
Not surprising his wife and kids stay home eh cranky old bum!! :o

littlejim
21-12-2010, 04:19 PM
Sounds like he's a few bob short of a full quid.

jason p
21-12-2010, 06:04 PM
good yarn mate, i can understand his wanting to get away as i have two very boystress boys, i can only pitty him with seven lol. i dont know if he's two bobs short just needing an excuse to get out... but i would have a hook on the line.

jp

wamjam
22-12-2010, 08:32 AM
Might be a good thing he doesn't have a hook on his line, other wise he could get a love for fishing when he catches a few and you will be shareing your spot with seven kids and oldmate and his cook.

Scott

Luc
22-12-2010, 08:34 AM
Can well relate to that.

I have gone fishing where I just anchor the boat somewhere quiet & out of sight and spend a few hours just reading & enjoying a few cuppas.

Very relaxing trips those are!!!!

Luc

spelchek
22-12-2010, 08:40 AM
He he steve - I knew a guy who used to meditate on the beach in the mornings after a workout (he was a real martial arts expert type guy - and very into the 'zen' part as well). He started taking a fishing rod because of all the (well meaning) people asking if he was ok when 'just' sitting there meditating.

fishfeeder
22-12-2010, 11:53 AM
To have 7 kids he must have had a few nice evens with the old lady !!
But hay its allways nice to get away for a few hours on your own.
I put on some good blues music on the ipod and take the CBR1000RR for a ride through the mountains, best stress relief around, you don't have enough time to think about anything else other then the next corner......

Cheers
PS, would go boating but the weather wont let me !!

nathank
22-12-2010, 05:16 PM
hahahah... man that made me laugh!!! i have a few mates who hasstle me to come fishing but dont know the first thing.. so its a tie their hook on,bait it,get the fish off affair while they drink beer... i often just tie a sinker on (no hook) lol.. they never mind hahahahaha or never know... im not really sure which one.