PDA

View Full Version : Haines Hunter 520SF

adam sharkcat
20-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me anything good or bad about these boats,iam looking at a 1998 520sf as my second boat.i look it out for a test,but it was on a lake.not much chopp out there!!!! any way it was pretty stable for its size,
Has anyone had one and can shed some light on there performance on the water. thanks in advance,Adam.

Jarrah Jack
20-12-2010, 01:02 PM
There is a guy who is on here infrequently but always on fishnet who knows a lot about the Haines (HH565 his name is a may be worth a pm)

Duckfish
20-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Hi all,
Can anyone tell me anything good or bad about these boats,iam looking at a 1998 520sf as my second boat.i look it out for a test,but it was on a lake.not much chopp out there!!!! any way it was pretty stable for its size,
Has anyone had one and can shed some light on there performance on the water. thanks in advance,Adam.

Hi Adam,
If there is anything similar to the 17L, you could do no wrong. I think that the 520SF is a bit more beamier but the boat is ok. It should handle chop ok but bear in mind it is only 17ft.
Duckfish

adam sharkcat
21-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Hi all, took the haines 520sf out today for the first time,well what a boat! it was a good 25/30knt southly today and did this boat perform. flat stick side on ,then on a following sea i tried to berry the nose but couldnt.as far as straight into it, well it was a good 2mtr sea!!.all in all,this is a real good 17fter.with out any bad habbits.Very happy with my purchase.;) Merry Christmas to all.Adam.

Dean1
23-12-2010, 07:17 AM
Hi all, took the haines 520sf out today for the first time,well what a boat! it was a good 25/30knt southly today and did this boat perform. flat stick side on ,then on a following sea i tried to berry the nose but couldnt.as far as straight into it, well it was a good 2mtr sea!!.all in all,this is a real good 17fter.with out any bad habbits.Very happy with my purchase.;) Merry Christmas to all.Adam. Cool mate sounds like your'e on a winner!! Did it show your cat up mate??!! I doubt it ;D How is Cool Cat coming along she must be getting close? Merry Xmas to you too, cheers.

Greg P
23-12-2010, 01:07 PM
Cool mate sounds like your'e on a winner!! Did it show your cat up mate??!! I doubt it ;D How is Cool Cat coming along she must be getting close? Merry Xmas to you too, cheers.

Yeah - how is our cat coming along????

adam sharkcat
09-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Hi all,the sharkcat should be ready in late Feb.i hope,man talk about a total rebuild!!! i will try to up load progress photos.talk soon Adam.

Dean1
10-01-2011, 07:37 AM
Man talk about a back to bare bones rebuild!! Shell be awsome mate, youv put a brand new trailer under her too?? The old man would be proud i can see him standing in there winching up reds ;) Cant wait to see her finished solid effort mate. Cheers...

adam sharkcat
10-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Hi Dean,talk about a total rebuild!!,new trailer as well,going back to the original colour ,exactly the same colour you sent me from the pics!brand new screen ordered as well.brand new under floor fuel tanks 220ltrs each side.twin 150hp c/r 2004 johnos.all going well late Feb! Cant wait! Talk soon Adam.

cormorant
11-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Did you ever run it over the weighbridge bare? The old ones were heavy as they were so thick in the hulls and mouldings up top were heavy as well.

Great to see one bare and everything back to scratch and being built up.

DOGFIGHT
11-01-2011, 12:30 PM
is that an XR/XT in front of the boat?

adam sharkcat
11-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Did you ever run it over the weighbridge bare? The old ones were heavy as they were so thick in the hulls and mouldings up top were heavy as well.

Great to see one bare and everything back to scratch and being built up.

Hi,total weight on trailer was 2950kg,trailer weight 950kg,both outboards 220kg each,hull weight of 1560kg.i think it a good platform to start with.;)

adam sharkcat
11-01-2011, 05:03 PM
is that an XR/XT in front of the boat?
Hi, its a xp coupe ith a small block 421ci, Winsor .;)