PDA

View Full Version : My new 6.4m Bluewater Platey "Rhino"

Rhinoc
16-12-2010, 07:08 AM
G'day folks,

Over the past number of months I have been having my new baby built be the boys at Bluewater so I thought it only fair that I now share with you the final product. For your info it is an upgrade from my 5m Quinny centre console which I had for about 9 years.

Basically its a 6.4m Plate Alloy Centre Cab built by the boys at Bluewater Alloy Boats who I must say were absolutely fantastic to do business with. Scott and his team are second to none as far as I'm concerned and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to any prospective customer wishing to have a custom alloy rig built.

I've gone with one of the new 4.2l 250 4 stroke Yammies which is a beauty and electronics has me fitted with a HDS10 which I tend to use as a chartplotter mostly with redundancy for sounding should the furuno fail and the primary sounder is the Furuno FCV585 coupled with a TM260 1kw Tranny. You will also note a number of other electronics/lights etc etc without me specifically mentioning them.

So far I'm loving it.

Here are a few pics;

thelump
16-12-2010, 07:33 AM
Looks awesome mate. Bet you are beside yourself with anticipation at the moment.

Sheik
16-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Beautiful boat mate. Hope she performs as well as she looks. How hard has it been waiting for the whole thing to be finished? Be like 12 months of the night before christmas when you were a kid!

Greg P
16-12-2010, 09:55 AM
Very nice - congrats and enjoy

ampol64
16-12-2010, 10:20 AM
great boat rino i seen it geting built scot has just started on mine hoping to have it by march cheers

JB
16-12-2010, 10:32 AM
Nice rig mate, will give you years of good service im sure.

Jarrah Jack
16-12-2010, 11:00 AM
Hey Rhinoc

Very nice looking rig there. I love that deep V through to the transom. Have you had it out in varying conditions to see how it preforms?

nickstock
16-12-2010, 11:21 AM
G'day folks,

Over the past number of months I have been having my new baby built be the boys at Bluewater so I thought it only fair that I now share with you the final product. For your info it is an upgrade from my 5m Quinny centre console which I had for about 9 years.

Basically its a 6.4m Plate Alloy Centre Cab built by the boys at Bluewater Alloy Boats who I must say were absolutely fantastic to do business with. Scott and his team are second to none as far as I'm concerned and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to any prospective customer wishing to have a custom alloy rig built.

I've gone with one of the new 4.2l 250 4 stroke Yammies which is a beauty and electronics has me fitted with a HDS10 which I tend to use as a chartplotter mostly with redundancy for sounding should the furuno fail and the primary sounder is the Furuno FCV585 coupled with a TM260 1kw Tranny. You will also note a number of other electronics/lights etc etc without me specifically mentioning them.

So far I'm loving it.

Here are a few pics;

Man that is one sexy looking boat. Scotty and his team sure do a smoking hot product. I would love to see that baby fly on the water with the new 250 Yam!

Thanks for sharing bud.

Cheers,
Nick Stock

AnthonyL
16-12-2010, 03:14 PM
Well worth the wait ..very nice.

Axl
16-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Absolutely beautiful mate congrats and enjoy. Now I know what to ask Santa for!!!!

Rhinoc
16-12-2010, 06:43 PM
The Lump - Now that I finally have it in my possession the anxiety has subsided but I really need some time away from work to use it now. Unfortunately It's the middle of my busy season so what can you do.

Sheik - The waiting was as agonising as I have ever experienced. The months/years spent researching such a project never prepares you for the waiting. After so much prep & research when the final decision is made and green light given to the builder time simply stops. It was worth it though.

Greg P - Thanks mate.

ampol64 - Well done on the choice of builder. I pity you on the waiting though.

JB - Thank JB. I really hope so. The family all love it and the cabin (although walk around) sleeps the wife and two kids no problems. It's very roomy.

Jarrah Jack - Yeah the deep V is really nice in regards to rough water handling. I've not really had a chance to give it a real good test offshore due to work. I have given it a quick run offshore in quite poor conditions one afternoon and it felt extremely safe and solid. At this point though I can't really provide a well rounded report without doing some good miles and hours in varying conditions.

nickstock - Cheers mate. I have followed your ups and downs regarding plate builders and am glad to see your on the home run now with Fisher. Good luck in the final stages. When do you think you will take delivery?

AnthonyL - Cheers.

Axl - Thanks for the feedback. Santa would definitely need one heck of a sack for that.

Sorry for the delayed responses. I left for work this morning just after posting. In fact I was late uploading the pictures. Took me a while selecting the right pics as I have over 400 taken throughout the build.

Cheers,

Rhino...

Tangles
16-12-2010, 08:46 PM
very nice platey Rhino , he builds a great looking boat, so how many litres in the eskies? and do they drain into the kill tank? nice setup with those

but where are the drink holders?

cheers
Mike

mozzie1957
16-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Beautiful boat, absolute ripper. Congrats mate.
Just paid for my 'new' (second-hand) boat this morning (thread:Me new tinny). A different one to the one I intended buying originally. Bit of a nightmare start but canned the sale and then found this one. Into the drink 2morrow. Bloody nerve-wracking when you're making to look this type of investment.
May you get many years enjoyment from her.
Cheers
Moz

fez
16-12-2010, 09:04 PM
Only 400 photos, that should make it 392 to go:-X

Post as many of them up as you can, it looks like a very nice bit of kit, congratulations, now get out there and enjoy her.

fez

adds31
16-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Mate congrats on the new vessel. My mate that i go fishing all the time has the 6.1 model in the center cab. They are a good boat. Pretty good offshore. Been out in 26knts off the cape and some other shitty coditions and they handle well and you feel safe in it. They are built very strong and are just about bullet proof. Have you got trim tabs fitted? They help a sheet load.

Adam..

Rhinoc
16-12-2010, 10:37 PM
Only 400 photos, that should make it 392 to go:-X

Post as many of them up as you can, it looks like a very nice bit of kit, congratulations, now get out there and enjoy her.

fez

Fez have a look at this link here (http://gallery.me.com/rhinoc/100120). It's too my mobile me build album. I'm uploading all the pics as we speak so it may take some time before they're all uploaded.

Cheers,

Rhino...

Rhinoc
16-12-2010, 10:55 PM
Mate congrats on the new vessel. My mate that i go fishing all the time has the 6.1 model in the center cab. They are a good boat. Pretty good offshore. Been out in 26knts off the cape and some other shitty coditions and they handle well and you feel safe in it. They are built very strong and are just about bullet proof. Have you got trim tabs fitted? They help a sheet load.

Adam..

Adam,

Yeah I got QL's fitted and they are fantastic. I'm amazed at just how accurate they are with every touch of the button. Still getting the hang of them though. Yeah the boat definitely feels like a tank in regards to the strength of the build and it's massive for a 6.4. I measured it from bow sprit to the transom and it was 7.1m.

Rhino...

fisho64
17-12-2010, 01:37 PM
Looks awesome!
How much did the QL's cost you?
Been looking on the US sites but cant find them anywhere.

Rhinoc
17-12-2010, 07:26 PM
Looks awesome!
How much did the QL's cost you?
Been looking on the US sites but cant find them anywhere.

Fisho64,

Mate I packaged them in to the build so I really don't know what sort of $ to attribute to the tabs sorry.

Rhino...

Spaniard_King
18-12-2010, 09:35 AM
Ryan, It's a bit bigger than you last mentioned :)

Does it fit up the side where the Quinny was??

have you changed tow vehicles?? it sure looks the goods.

regards

jake0
18-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Very nice indeed, Aint it great to hand over the $$$$ on someone you can trust during the build

Rhinoc
24-06-2011, 09:22 PM
Ryan, It's a bit bigger than you last mentioned :)

Does it fit up the side where the Quinny was??

have you changed tow vehicles?? it sure looks the goods.

regards

Gary,

I was just flicking through some old posts and stumbled on this where I didn't reply to you, sorry.

Yeah mate it turned out a little bigger than first anticipated and it does fit, just. I've got very little room for error backing it up now.

Ended up getting the new Navara STX Turbo Diesel in July last year and it tows the rig like a dream. Think I'd have torn the arse end out of the CX7 with that big girl.

Cheers,

Rhino...

Squidlet
24-06-2011, 10:55 PM
Mate! now thta's a serious amount of photo's, by chance are ya part of an oz'e paratzi team,that's a serious amount of photo's ay.I recon the boys would have built it quicka for ya but you where taken so many bloody photo's!!
All thing's aside thanks for an indepth visual"photo" account of how a Blue Water is made,
Cheers Chris.