PDA

View Full Version : Got deliberately knocked out of my boat by 2 jet skis.

bass-pirate
12-12-2010, 10:52 PM
Hey guy's,

Went out to Maroon Dam today, have been heading out there at least once a week for the last couple of months as the fishing has been quite good. Get there and there are trailers parked everywhere, quite unusual for maroon. Fishing was very quiet only landed one.

Anyway at about 5pm a jet ski comes flying past me about 30 meters away, as he comes around a second time i look at him giving him a dis approval glance to kind of say can you keep away (by now there is no-one else on the dam so he has the whole dam to himself). About 15 minutes later 2 jet skis come flying past me within about 5 meters of my boat (one of them is the guy that came past the first time), they then turn around, and start doing laps of my boat laughing and absolutely spraying the sh!t out of me until the point where its that choppy that i fall out, they then persist to do a couple more laps of me spraying me with water and laughing before they piss off whilst im trying to swim towards my boat to climb back in. I had my new daiwa pixy with samurai reaction baitcaster outfit in my hand that i just about lost and was lucky to hold on to. I am absolutley amazed and sit for 15 minutes before i decide to go to the ramp and go home as im soking wet. I have never met these two #######s in my whole entire life. they had no reason whatsoever to do this to me. Obviously i was vulnerable as i was at the dam by myself and they were in a group. Cant believe this happend, it was so random and out of the blue. I was unable to get rego details as it all happened too quick. What would you guys do in my situation? I know there is nothing i can do about it but this is ridiculous, has anyone else had anything like this ever happen to them? these guys looked to be mid 20's, just wish there was some way of getting back at them. These are the kind of people that go out at night and beat someone to within an inch of there life simply because they can. Absolute scum. I am never going fishing by myself again, i am sure that is the only reason they did it. I now have a perferated ear drum from water that came off the back of one of the skis and a badly bruised leg from when i hit it on the side as i fell out.

There is nothing i can really do is there?

Apollo
13-12-2010, 05:37 AM
Report it anyway with as much description of them and their jetski.

nigelr
13-12-2010, 07:22 AM
Absolutely. Get a doctors' report on your injuries and lodge it with the Police when you make a statement. It will be time-consuming but definitely worthwhile.
Good chance it won't be the first report of similar behaviour.
Cheers and good luck.

Neil81
13-12-2010, 07:49 AM
i would deffinately report them and the type of jetskis they were on, they probably go the regularly and someone might reconise the jetskis or seem them leave. These two need to be caught and given a good flogging.

leelee
13-12-2010, 07:56 AM
Man that is really bad news.

It sounds like the group of idiots I ran into at Maroon a few weeks ago. Were they doing runs from the boat ramp over to bay before LCF?

If it happens again just try to get one of their rego numbers, that’s all you need. That coupled with a DR's report, pics of the injuries and a Police report and that’s it. Idiots like this do not realise that this sort of behavior will see them do actual jail time, which is a good thing. Also don't start thinking about the revenge thing as it might end up putting you in the hot seat.

One other thing to do is to sit down and start the boat if it happens again as you have less chances of falling out, also snap a few pic or a video on your phone if you can, better still call the police, or pretend to, because the service is pretty poor there.

If you do see them again and you can identify them, then grab their rego numbers and make a report then.

Its scum like this that will get us all locked out the dams. Between the jetskiers, wakeboarders and skiers, Maroon is getting harder to fish on weekends. It would be nice if they knew how to share the water and not just claim it as their "own"

I have also noticed of late a big increase in jet skis at Maroon. I think they are coming over from the Gold Coast.

Cheers

Lee

Brad Clark
13-12-2010, 08:03 AM
I would suggest that you definately report it. Write down what happened with as much detail as possible ie time, date and place, what occured including as much detail of the description of the skis and the riders. As advised before, go to the doctors and get a doctors report or at least note your injuries. Once you have done this go to the Yamanto Police Station and talk to the Ipswich Police Traffic Branch. I saw on the news the other day that the Police will be on he water this summer chasing these idiots. If you don't report it then the Police won't know where to prioritise their patrols. This is clearly a case of dangerous operaion of a vessel and is a criminal offence.

Mate PM me with your phone number and I will have a talk to you.

Cheers

Brad

ffejsmada
13-12-2010, 10:19 AM
Pursue the matter mate!

You can't have that happening, there's no way you should be afraid to fish on you're own.

They're gutless pr!cks!

Give Brad a phone call like he said and take it from there.

Just imagined if you hit your head on the way out of your boat and were knocked unconscious!!!!!!

Good luck, let us know what happens.

Steeler
13-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Good point about hitting your melon.Happened to a fella in the harbour down here about 18mths ago and unfortunately the worst happened.

thejumbie
13-12-2010, 10:45 AM
I would have gone back to shore straight away and "check out" their trailers......

cormorant
13-12-2010, 11:09 AM
Very sad event.
With all water supplies a lot of the bigger dams may have cameras at various spots ( vandals, terrorism) some overt some covert . Speak with the water authority and report it Sometimes they have vandal cameras and other times they have dam wall ones in case of terrorism etc and often one quiet one at a entry so they can see rego's of people who have entered the area. Hope they have as it may make catching them easier.

Please report it formally and I hope that they get caught.

If they were the only 2 there on the day others in the carpark may have seen something

Get back to fishing alone - one of lifes pleasures and carry a wp camera on a jacket lanyard and a phone in a WP cover.

Gotta say they can't be too bright as a call by anyone may have had someone wating at the ramp when they returned and with some properties overlooking that dam...

ahamay
13-12-2010, 11:35 AM
Helmet Cam, one of those high def ones. See some knobs coming, switch it on.

Mrs Ronnie H
13-12-2010, 11:38 AM
Hi
Sorry to hear what happenned. Had a similar incident a few years back which involved a smart @@@ on a jet ski in the river where i live. Loved harrassing boaties and especially me as i was always out on my own.

What goes around comes around as they say. heard the poor blighter miss judged and run straight into the side of a boat and was taken to hospital with a few broken bones. So sad

Report it as others have said -- lucky you managed to get back in the boat.

lol
Ronnie

aussiebasser
13-12-2010, 11:56 AM
Take Brad's advice. Report it.

bass-pirate
13-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Thanks for all of the Replies, I am really regretting not making more of an effort to get rego details. I did notice that when i got back to the ramp there were no jet ski trailers just boat trailers, yet i had not seen these guys pull there ski's out yet. It seemed that they must have been based in the arm that gos behind the ramp where i couldnt see. They must have been launching at the ramp and then driving around and parking on the bank because I did see a car come and pull out a ski as i was leaving, but i wasnt sure if it was the same guy's. They were pulling out a red Honda with a newish white rodeo however i didnt want to be seen to be nosing around too much because i didnt really know what else they were capable of (if it was the same guys). I do know what one of the guys on the ski's looked like, he was a fat blonde kid and he wasnt with the two that were pulling out the Honda. All i can say is i hope i see them again because this time i will have a mate with me and wont hesitate to go and get details at the least. The bad part about Maroon is there is no reception as otherwise i would have called the cops and if that had of failed i would have had a few mates come to the ramp hopefully, i do live an hour and twenty away unfortunately.

Lee i think these guys were doing the route you were talking about, they were heading up the western side of the dam carving up around the edges (that i was fishing,) then would turn when they reached the opening to the creek at the standing timber, then head back towards the ramp before repeating.

Brad, i will P.m you my number.

Cheers guy's

leelee
13-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Its a real shame that only a few that use the dam at any given time actually have any common sense. the amoun tof times I have seen skiers and wakeboarders driving flat stick within 10-20 m from shore is astounding. Would be nice if they shared the dam , but that will never happen.

Mate if you happen to ever see them again and I am on the dam, I own a blue nitro nx750, then come on over and grab me. Might even be able to tee up a fishing session one weekend when you are free if you want?

Cheers

Lee

bass-pirate
13-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Its a real shame that only a few that use the dam at any given time actually have any common sense. the amoun tof times I have seen skiers and wakeboarders driving flat stick within 10-20 m from shore is astounding. Would be nice if they shared the dam , but that will never happen.

Mate if you happen to ever see them again and I am on the dam, I own a blue nitro nx750, then come on over and grab me. Might even be able to tee up a fishing session one weekend when you are free if you want?

Cheers

Lee

For sure mate, i would be very keen for sesh. I Dont think i will have any trouble recognising you, i would recognise a sexy boat like that from a mile away haha. It isnt white with metallic blue by any chance? I went past a car towing what im pretty sure was a blue and white nitro heading in the dams direction approx 3 weekends ago when i was leaving. If only i found jet skis as appealing for the eye's, would have had a very accurate description then no doubt

Regards, Dave

Edit. I jut realised you already said it was blue, so yea it would have been you lol

gr hilly
13-12-2010, 07:04 PM
in a post here some time back i had told of the same kind of thing happening to me in the Logan river, i was in a brand new tinnie running in a new moter not on the plain and i got drown as buckets of water was sprayed all in the boat i know how you feel mate, all we can do is report this type fool to the police.
cheers Hilly

wamjam
13-12-2010, 08:29 PM
Hey guy's,

Went out to Maroon Dam today, have been heading out there at least once a week for the last couple of months as the fishing has been quite good. Get there and there are trailers parked everywhere, quite unusual for maroon. Fishing was very quiet only landed one.

Anyway at about 5pm a jet ski comes flying past me about 30 meters away, as he comes around a second time i look at him giving him a dis approval glance to kind of say can you keep away (by now there is no-one else on the dam so he has the whole dam to himself). About 15 minutes later 2 jet skis come flying past me within about 5 meters of my boat (one of them is the guy that came past the first time), they then turn around, and start doing laps of my boat laughing and absolutely spraying the sh!t out of me until the point where its that choppy that i fall out, they then persist to do a couple more laps of me spraying me with water and laughing before they piss off whilst im trying to swim towards my boat to climb back in. I had my new daiwa pixy with samurai reaction baitcaster outfit in my hand that i just about lost and was lucky to hold on to. I am absolutley amazed and sit for 15 minutes before i decide to go to the ramp and go home as im soking wet. I have never met these two #######s in my whole entire life. they had no reason whatsoever to do this to me. Obviously i was vulnerable as i was at the dam by myself and they were in a group. Cant believe this happend, it was so random and out of the blue. I was unable to get rego details as it all happened too quick. What would you guys do in my situation? I know there is nothing i can do about it but this is ridiculous, has anyone else had anything like this ever happen to them? these guys looked to be mid 20's, just wish there was some way of getting back at them. These are the kind of people that go out at night and beat someone to within an inch of there life simply because they can. Absolute scum. I am never going fishing by myself again, i am sure that is the only reason they did it. I now have a perferated ear drum from water that came off the back of one of the skis and a badly bruised leg from when i hit it on the side as i fell out.

There is nothing i can really do is there?

I dont agree with the treatment you got !!... but highlighted above would not have helped.

Scott

bass-pirate
13-12-2010, 08:58 PM
I dont agree with the treatment you got !!... but highlighted above would not have helped.

Scott

Precisely, im quite certain that if i had not of looked at them it would not have happened. At the same time though, they were breaking the law and at my expense (im pretty sure the law is 6 knots when on a ski if within 60 or 100 meters of another vessel or soemthing?) Even i think that is a bit extreme as they would be constantly slowing down all the time, but These guys were way too close to begin with and this is what made me annoyed in the first place. I estimate they would have been doing between 80 and 100kms an hour the first couple of times they came past and they were well within casting range. That is simply not on. I only looked at them to kind of say go away. Either way though im regretting doing it because of the outcome. I think they were more looking for an excuse to piss someone off and they got one.

And yea Hilly, i dont know what is wrong with these nobs, clearly just simply riding there skis isnt enough fun for them. If there bored maybe they should go to the coast and play on the bar. not annoy people who are minding there own business

bushweek
13-12-2010, 09:25 PM
absolute scum, your exactly right they would be the kind of people that go looking for fights just to make themselves feel "big" probably didnt even pass grade 4 by the sounds of them, just scum.

i know you guys on here might dissaprove, but to idiots like this i would of pulled out the old ball sinker and yer, you know where it goes from here.

leelee
13-12-2010, 09:42 PM
For sure mate, i would be very keen for sesh. I Dont think i will have any trouble recognising you, i would recognise a sexy boat like that from a mile away haha. It isnt white with metallic blue by any chance? I went past a car towing what im pretty sure was a blue and white nitro heading in the dams direction approx 3 weekends ago when i was leaving. If only i found jet skis as appealing for the eye's, would have had a very accurate description then no doubt

Regards, Dave

Edit. I jut realised you already said it was blue, so yea it would have been you lol

Yep that was me;D

I'm free after xmas so send me a pm when you want to get out.

Cheers

Lee

Bronson
13-12-2010, 09:49 PM
These are the type of people we go out fishing to get away from. bloody scumbags. It Might pay to keep a brick or massive sinker.with rope tied to it in the boat and if this happens again. swing it like crazy. We shouldn't have to deal with people like this when where fishing.

gav73
14-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Hey Bass Pirate if the horse throws ya get straight back on, I wouldn't be shying away from what you like doing just because a pair of wankers. Report it and keep on fishn .
Cheers Gav

woodsy76
14-12-2010, 07:15 PM
jet skiers and skiers = low life brain dead inbreed pieces of crap imho;D ;D ;D ;D

Apollo
14-12-2010, 08:03 PM

Scott

I can't agree with that Scott. If some clowns come blasting past me at 30m I certainly aren't going to be smiling at them. The young fella here cast them a disapproving glance. Not flipped them a bird, gave them a serve nor brown eyed them. His reaction is what 99% of us would do in the same situation. His reaction is not at fault, theirs is.

Steve

wamjam
14-12-2010, 09:31 PM
I can't agree with that Scott. If some clowns come blasting past me at 30m I certainly aren't going to be smiling at them. The young fella here cast them a disapproving glance. Not flipped them a bird, gave them a serve nor brown eyed them. His reaction is what 99% of us would do in the same situation. His reaction is not at fault, theirs is.

Steve

Fair call Steve . I know myself some people can say a lot with out actually speaking. As we all know the dams are for everyone (fisherpoeple ,skiers ,jet skiers and who ever else wants to be there) I would have turned my back and ignored them and they probably would have gone away. Everyone is out for a bit of fun and if you are alone and give a bit of sarcasum to a groop , you are testing the boundaries in this day and age .
As I said I don't approve of the treatment bass pirate got but its the real world out there.

Scott

PS It would have been good to jam a load of coarse salt into their ribs with a 12 bore !! ;D .....:-X sorry !!

Argle
21-12-2010, 11:05 AM
jet skiers and skiers = low life brain dead inbreed pieces of crap imho;D ;D ;D ;D

Dont tar all skiers with the same brush mate, alot of them are fishos too and respect people who are fishing.
On the other hand these clowns need a snapper head chucked at them

Cheers
Scott

FNQCairns
21-12-2010, 11:26 AM
Waste of time reporting it, not worth feeling victimised twice IMO, even if you had rego etc it would in the end go nowhere and make no difference within the circumstance in your original post.

A half interested curiosity mixed with just another problem (to them) person is about the best case you will achieve.

adriene
21-12-2010, 11:38 PM
These guys are gutless dirtbags. i know how you feel, i went out for a fish before behind pac fair before. Minding my own business and these teens started throwing their drinks at me from the roof top and laughing.