PDA

View Full Version : UHLMANN ROAD boat ramp upgrade

crabbie
12-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Drove down to the Uhlmann Road boat ramp last week to have a look at the upgrade.The ramp looks good, but will have to see it at low tide.The car park is fully sealed and has what appears to be solar lighting and also looks excellent.
On the downside.... as usually no pontoon
Fish cleaning board but no water.
Road leading to ramp still unsealed.

I still would not leave a car and trailer there at night and the hoons have been doing donuts in the car park which is obvious from the rubber.

tunaticer
12-12-2010, 08:03 PM
Looks like there is now no place to beach the boat beside the ramp with all those rock walls around it.

Gyarados
12-12-2010, 08:31 PM
i agree with jack. where you supposed to beach your boat without hacking at it. as good as the upgrades are doesnt take away from the fact that the ramp doesnt have the best reputation amongst fishos.

brad

Luc
12-12-2010, 08:50 PM
Really needs 24 hours camera monitoring and a few quick responses when the doughnut brigade is at work.

Unfortunately, lack of security is an ongoing problem.

Luc

crabbie
12-12-2010, 08:53 PM
There are some mooring rings on the boat ramp, if you don't mind your boat washing on to the rocks at the side of the ramp!

sleepygreg
12-12-2010, 09:40 PM
from the look of the three pylons near the the ramp....they intend putting a pontoon in.....what other purpose would they serve?

crabbie
12-12-2010, 11:40 PM
Sleepygreg.
I have been told that the pylons are there to tie up large vessels from the factory near the ramp

Scalem
13-12-2010, 08:18 AM
No way I will be using it on my solo trips without a pontoon or small beach to place the boat while I reverse the trailer in and out. Bit daft in design if you ask me.

Scalem

Shawn 66
13-12-2010, 09:57 AM
You have to wonder how much thought goes into public works such as this.Obviously the designers are not boaties.You would think that this project had a fairly hefty budget,and yet to me it does not seem to be user friendly.Then again I may just be a whingeing bugger.
Cheers,
Shawn.

fez
13-12-2010, 10:58 AM
I still would not leave a car and trailer there at night and the hoons have been doing donuts in the car park which is obvious from the rubber.

And the burnt out wheelie bin in pic 3 :-?

fez

Mrs Ronnie H
13-12-2010, 11:30 AM
Hi
I was wondering myself where the beach was. Guess you need someone to stand amoung the rocks and hold the boat ???

lol
Ronnie

theangryangler
14-12-2010, 04:19 PM
I know the Marine engineer that worked on the draft and final plan for this upgrade and he reckons a floating pontoon IS going next to it and security cameras will be installed to prevent the hoons and vandals. when exactly he could not say as he was only designing the job and final check over it upon completion. I will ask him what is happening next time i catch up with him. oh yeah and the road will be sealed next financial year if the council can afford it :)

Falz87
16-12-2010, 06:34 PM
yeah they shouldnt have put the rocks in or better some sand, atleast people would beach on the mud. from what i experienced the last 2 weeks on the low tide they just hold their boats (if there is more than 1 person) at the end of the ramp, shits me right off, as ill still beach it, scale the rocks nda go reverse the trailer down, then have to trywade out past the fella holding his boat at the end of the ramp.

I also reckon a pontoon will be a pain in the arse. itll take up more room, and what, sit on the mud at low tide

as usual probably some desk jockey with no idea made the final say. in my opinion seeing as they were goin to half arse the job they should have left the ramp and just done the carpark.