PDA

View Full Version : Lake Macdonald surface fishing

Bud-dy
11-12-2010, 09:58 PM
I got a text today from a mate saying that Lake Macdonald was back to its best for surface fishing for bass ! He was fishing with poppers for 45 minutes and caught 3 bass at 420mm each !! Then switched to a lipless crankbait to get a 480mm bass !! All black coloured poppers fished over the top of the weed and getting absolutely smashed (and burried back in the weed if you aren't quick enough).
Paul

darylive
12-12-2010, 10:25 AM
thanks bud, I hope that's right last trip there a month ago I got nothing.
We have had a bit of rain since then.

Gordie
12-12-2010, 05:25 PM
Fellas I took a couple of bass beginners to my favourite spot last week, ( river not dam ) and it was on fire. I now have to convince them that they will not see this except on rare occasions.

The best bass fishing I have seen 'ever', so go to your favourite spot and it should be fishing well. You may have to wait for the flood to subside to just a decent flow as I will.

Regards Gordon

Sniper
12-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the report Paul.
I see that its gone over again with a bit of height. Just hope it doesn't take those good bass with the flood again.
Bill

Bud-dy
12-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Hey Bill I hope they don't go over BUT most of the fish have been cuahgt way up the dam so not to many around the main basin this time of the year !!
Gordie did you mean you fished the upper Noosa River for bass ? I went to a seminar by a scientist and he was saying there are no bass ( or very,very few) left in the upper Noosa River due to the chemicals found in the water so I am interested to hear where you fished ( in general )
Paul

Gordie
13-12-2010, 01:27 PM
No these were impoundment fish and fishing on prvate property.

This is not something new, if you go to any feeder creeks to a dam while there is some fresh coming down the fish are feeding 'up'.

"Avoid the flood waters" just a nice flow and "catch and release hey".

Regards Gordon