PDA

View Full Version : ONYA Fisheries Hotline.

rayken1938
10-12-2010, 09:59 AM
Don't normally like pinching stuff from other forums but in this case i think its justified.
BFO member went to Young's crossing area early this morning to have a flick as the gates for NPD were open again last night.
When he arrived the white bucket brigade were there in full force doing relay runs with full buckets back to their cars. He rang the hotline and gave then rego numbers etc.
Within an hour he got a call back from fisheries who said that they were on site and culprits were still there.
At 9am he got another call from fisheries thanking him for info and informing him that several infringement notices had been handed out.
I know that the fisheries people get bagged for non performance but they cannot be everywhere at once so it is very pleasing to get a positive result.
Cheers
Ray

wayno60
10-12-2010, 10:14 AM
sorry,
BFO?
NPD?
buckets of what? water?

4x4frog
10-12-2010, 10:23 AM
That's great news.
With all the migration of people here from other parts bringing their if it looks kind of tasty, eat it morailty this will only increase.
I can remember a family picnic to Victoria point tidal flats 25years ago where we saw 2 Hiace loads of the straw hat brigade totally strip about 1 acre of the flats of anything that moved. Disgraceful!!!!!!!!!!!>:( it is hard to comment without being racist either so will stop now.

rayken1938
10-12-2010, 10:53 AM
sorry,
BFO?
NPD?
buckets of what? water?
Bfo = brisbane fishing on line
NPD north pine dam
Buckets of bass and yellowbelly.
Cheers
Ray

wayno60
10-12-2010, 10:56 AM
arrrr got it..

Shawn 66
10-12-2010, 11:22 AM
G'Day Wayno,
NPD = North Pine Dam
As for the rest Christ knows.:-? :-? ;D

Eug
10-12-2010, 12:08 PM
Good to see an outcome!

Obi _ Wan
10-12-2010, 01:06 PM
Bfo = brisbane fishing on line
NPD north pine dam
Buckets of bass and yellowbelly.
Cheers
Ray

Thanks fior the heads up Ray, that's very good news, about time.

I also heard a whisper that they were a bit further up the river doing the same thing, was told they have cut tracks through the scrub to get at them.

I wish that they could be hit a lot harder, this sort of shit has been going on for years, including our straw hated northern immigrants cast netting in the dam itself, i called fishweries and got nowhere, very dissapointing. Why do we have laws, only the honest obey them, what a friggen joke.

4x4 Frog, i saw the same thing happen on the mud flats from Sandgate to Brighton, now there is SFA there.

Cheers,
John.

PS, Ray, been trying to log on to BFO byt it won't let me for some reason.

caster226
10-12-2010, 08:15 PM
comment removed

fisher28
11-12-2010, 06:59 PM
thanks for the info,that is fantastic!!8-)

NEWBY
14-12-2010, 07:29 AM
Maybe they can send the couple of Fisheries arseholes from Gladstone down your way that tried to ping me during the hookup earlier this year.
They tried to get me fro trolling across the corner of a green zone at Heron.
When I informed them that I had 3 different GPS track all showing me NOT crossing the green zone, they EVENTUALLY backed off. I offered them a boarding pass to see my tracks. They declined.
Obviously, OUR guys up here have too much FREE time on their hands so we should send them to you. Your welcome to these 2 lying dogs.

Its sad when they have to invent someone breaking the rules...