PDA

View Full Version : Seatrail and Adams Marine mechanical trailers

jeffo
06-12-2010, 05:46 PM
Hi all,

Just searching around for cheaper options for a new trailer for my 445 haines. Has any one had any dealings with either seatrail trailers or trailers made by Adams marine mechanical in urangan. Both trailers seam pretty well priced at around $3000 for the braked rollered version to suit my haines. Both being reasonably close to me. Both came up in a "boat trailer" search on trading post.

Adams being "geniunely" australian made also seams like a draw card.

Id like to hear from any one who has had any dealings with either company.

Cheers.

Jeff.

maztez
07-12-2010, 05:09 PM
Jeff ...Seatrail are chinese made and assembled in Australia ..R&m Plate Boats at Urangan are agents ..don't know about Adams Marine ..

Brejen
07-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Jeff did you get my return pm.

Brett

CHEE-FEE
08-12-2010, 09:16 PM
Had a Sea-Trail under my Viking. Structurally very sound and towed well. But, you'll have to replace the winch, the jockey wheel (both cheap garbage) and probably the towing hitch (just doesn't hitch up to the towbar as easy as it should). Once you do that lot, they're pretty good. They've also got an outlet in Cleveland just behind Goodyear on Shore Street.

Cheers,
NICK.

Mr__Bean
09-12-2010, 02:32 AM
I bought a Seatrail trailer for my jetski based on price.

Bad move as I got what I paid for, a cheap trailer.

The frame is welded and galvanised in China (very poor galvanising) then shipped over in a container for assembly with all of the other bits made and galvanised in China. The galvanising looks OK at first glance but it is missing in the corners where wleds and things are present.

A closer look when I got the trailer home shows many areas of the galvanising to be covered with cheap silver paint, I can only assume this is where large areas of galvanising is missing due to handling damage on the way over when they cram all the bits in the container.

Other main issue is that none of the assembly hardware is galvanised, if you look at a real boat trailer you will see that all of the bolts, U-bolts, nuts and washers are galvanised. Not on the Seatrail trailer, they are all cheap and nasty silver cad plated which start corroding after first visit into salt water.

So, my own fault. I bought a cheap trailer and I got what I paid for.

A trailer that is less than 2 months old and showing corrosion despite vigorous rinsing.

- Darren

jeffo
09-12-2010, 05:50 AM
Cheers Guys,

Brett. Got measurements for ya, just waiting for the missus to upload the photos of the trailer so i can send them to ya. Cheers.

propdinger
09-12-2010, 06:36 AM
Had a Sea-Trail under my Viking. Structurally very sound and towed well. But, you'll have to replace the winch, the jockey wheel (both cheap garbage) and probably the towing hitch (just doesn't hitch up to the towbar as easy as it should). Once you do that lot, they're pretty good. They've also got an outlet in Cleveland just behind Goodyear on Shore Street.

Cheers,
NICK.

they have just moved out of 69 shore st cleveland gone to a place with frontage and a yard closer to brisbane i believe

jeff

gazza2006au
09-12-2010, 10:49 AM
the chinese trailers are rubbish i bought one of the 4m models for a tinny wheel hubs,winch cable,tow hitch,tow hitch bolts all rusted within 6 months of purchasing the trailer and using it no more than 15 times the galvanised wheel hubs rusted after the second use in salt water! i called the shop i bought it from he said "good luck with it" :o no warranty obviously.... i have pictures if u want to see

Steeler
09-12-2010, 12:12 PM
Picture chinese bearings and there you have it.No good spend a bob more and get something built to quality not a price tag.