PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Genorosity

PinHead
05-12-2010, 06:11 PM
I am blown away with what happened on the weekend..totally took my breath away.

The rod building weekend was held at our place..Scott (finga) arrived and gave my wife one of his works from his router..it was from a pic of the both of us taken at Aigutso's wedding a few years back..carved into the timber and lacquered..incredible stuff Scott..thanks mate.

Next..On Saturday, Ian (sid fishes) was working away merrily over at the side..doing some epoxy or something on the rod. I was not paying much attention as I was watching the beginners go throught their paces fitting reel seats and grips etc. Ian has had a few years experience so he just does his own thing. At the end of the day , Ian hands me the rod and says: "Here, this is yours". I was speechless..no idea why but the rod is incredible. As I am Rabbitohs member and obvuius supporter Ian had done the rod in the cherished red and green with the rabbitohs logo on it also.

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz54/grog_02/rabbits%20rod/rabbits3.jpg

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz54/grog_02/rabbits%20rod/rabbits2.jpg

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz54/grog_02/rabbits%20rod/raqbbits1.jpg

So after this I am joking with my wife that I then needed a new reel to go on it...then..Graham (graves41) hands me a reel saying he does not use it anymore so take it and enjoy it.

All I can say guys, is a very heartfelt thank you..no idea why it was done but thank you very much.

It is incredible the quality of people on this site and the firendships made by getting involved in things like meet and greets etc.

cheers,
Greg

Horse
05-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Another big tick for the AF community. You don't see that sort of generosity too often nowdays
Well done fellas

Steeler
05-12-2010, 06:54 PM
Good story and that Reggie Rabbit Rod sure looks schmicko.

Owen
05-12-2010, 07:03 PM
Just karma mate..
You've gone out of your way for plenty of people with the RBW and more besides.

Great work guys!

Apollo
05-12-2010, 08:18 PM
Well done to all. Nice touch.

Steve

sleepygreg
06-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Its called Karma. You have done many things for other people (though your gruff exterior tends to cloud that could happen), and this is the way people pay back your kindness. Its not about money or whose got the best toys....its all about the thought and respect you have from the Ausfish community.

Now im bluddy jealous cos I dont have a cardinal and myrtle wrapped rod!!!

Greg

wayno60
06-12-2010, 08:40 AM
Can ya feel the love.......its in the air!!

Jarrah Jack
06-12-2010, 08:41 AM
Thats one of the reasons why I enjoy AF so much. Don't know what it is with you Qlder's up there. It seems that right combination of the NT's laid back and the souths busyness, and that something else.

If I ever did barrack for a league team it would have to be the rabbitohs with a name like that.

finga
06-12-2010, 09:17 AM
Pay-back's a b!tch eh.

It's all just reflection and recognition for what Sue and yourself do for many others.

Chimo
06-12-2010, 10:31 AM
What goes around comes around. Good upon you all!:-*

sid_fishes
06-12-2010, 04:31 PM
mate , its just what everyone said.
i hope it catches fish for you
thanks go to stu for the blank
graham for the red grip[ cause the stuff i ordered didn,t turn up in time
and owen for the pattern
and what are mate,s for champion
Ian

theoldlegend
06-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Thats one of the reasons why I enjoy AF so much. Don't know what it is with you Qlder's up there. It seems that right combination of the NT's laid back and the souths busyness, and that something else.

If I ever did barrack for a league team it would have to be the rabbitohs with a name like that.

You'd WHAT ?? :'(

Please don't tell me that you follow Collingwood as well? :o

TOL

sid_fishes
06-12-2010, 05:26 PM
oi wayno60 empty your pm box ok

Jarrah Jack
06-12-2010, 05:53 PM
[/color]

You'd WHAT ?? :'(

Please don't tell me that you follow Collingwood as well? :o

TOL

No way mate, Carlton all the way.

wayno60
06-12-2010, 06:26 PM
done......

wamjam
06-12-2010, 07:52 PM
Good stuff !!!...I thought to myself when you offered your house for the rod biulding weekend , that it was very generous of you and your wife. And then to ask how much food will be needed .
Hope we see a picture soon of the fish that was conquered by the mighty " Rabitohs Rod "

Scott

Tangles
06-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Well done fellas, great looking rod and im sure Scott didnt have to try to make Sue look good.

Now thats what i call a thanks,

Crestcutter
08-12-2010, 09:28 PM
Your a hard old bastard Pinhead, But for an old geezer your alright mate. Some people can see the good in you , some people will always see the Pinhead in you lol. Should be a Broncos theme but hey i'm not holding that against you mate.