PDA

View Full Version : Currumbin or Tally Bar?

aussiefool
01-12-2010, 10:10 PM
With the Mac season almost upon us, I was wondering if anyone has any info on what the bars are like at either Currumbin or Tally are like at the moment.

I have seen on the web cam for Currumbin that it looks sanded up a fair bit ,but is it crossable or not. I also have never crossed the Tally bar so what is it like?

Thanks for any feed back
Aussiefool
Andrew

dreemon
03-12-2010, 06:32 AM
Hi Andrew,
I used to cross tally all the time in my 4.1 tinny with tiller, it's a bar that being a surfer is really an addvantage and crossed currumbin quite a few times, tally was my fav, had butterflies in my guts everytime I left the ramp to head out ;D in my early days of boating I found out real quick you can't duck dive a tinny :-[

nowadays I just go out the seaway or tweed cause I'm unsure of the depths at the 2 lill bars also your dictated on time outside with tides, I havent noticed many boats heading out of either lately but sure they do, mostly see the rubber thundercats and jetskis at currumbin,

Cheers

aussiefool
15-12-2010, 09:57 PM
Anyone been across the Currumbin bar in the last few days?

wayno60
16-12-2010, 06:47 AM
well there had to have been a few as i heard that by 7.00am there were 50 boats out there....

aussiefool
16-12-2010, 08:05 AM
Looks like I'll just have to do, what I do every time I cross a bar........
Close you eyes and gun it ::);D:o