PDA

View Full Version : Makocraft ?

Giveitacrack
01-12-2010, 02:52 PM
I have not been able to get on Makocraft's website for a couple of weeks.Does anyone know what the go is ???

ashleyhj74
01-12-2010, 04:01 PM
G'day mate their still down here in Geelong, just moved sheds again

boatie_72
01-12-2010, 04:05 PM
Also changed company name AGAIN ! for some reason. Gee i wonder why?

deckie
01-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Stessl isnt it ?

rosco1974
01-12-2010, 06:31 PM
not stessl...owned by alf stessls son and daughter..bought a boat of them when they where at the gold coast had 3 warranty claims in 1st 3 months got told that was the last time they would fix anything under warranty...lucky for me all the issues where fixed
cheers rosco

Chanlo
01-12-2010, 08:45 PM
A Bream master topic said they were not aware it was down but they were looking into fixing it. They are still running aparently.

boatie_72
02-12-2010, 09:11 AM
Its funny, i guess when you just change your company name, all your debt just goes away. (again). And you can just start fresh.

Its as simple as changing the names from

Mako craft Pty Ltd

to

Makocraft australia Pty Ltd

And the son goes bankrupt and the dad gets the helm again. Gee i think i have heard this story about seven times before.

deckie
02-12-2010, 11:18 AM
not stessl...owned by alf stessls son and daughter..bought a boat of them when they where at the gold coast had 3 warranty claims in 1st 3 months got told that was the last time they would fix anything under warranty...lucky for me all the issues where fixed
cheers rosco
It isnt a Stessl ? Thats more like a pre gfc accountants attitude.

These days we arnt so trusting that everything is oh so different, and things are all sweet again simply because there's a new name involved or a change of directors within the same family.

We've also learnt that once a family business has gained experience with leaving clients in the lurch and starting afresh, they are even more prone to doing it again when all the problems get just a bit too hard.

Not suggesting they're in trouble but just a friendly reminder to trust in what we have learnt...as well as trusting the early warning signs every business in strife tries so damn hard to disguise, figuring if a problem leaks out they're now truly gone.

We have also learnt to be wary of any business not prepared to seek total client satisfaction aftermarket. Sorry to hear u had problems ..not an excuse for them in the slightest even if they thought of u as a "problem client".

I also dont give a rats arse which member of the family runs it, is a director, or whether they say they are completely different entities and they dont even speak to each other. We know better than to be naive. This particular Stessl started it using Stessl moulds/designs didnt he ?

They're probably perfectly liquid and fine...but no need to be handing any deposit money to any company you arnt 100% sure about. Especially when there's a history...that history is THEIR problem and it SHOULD be a problem regaining trust.

boatboy50
02-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Hey Guys,

Just to clear the air, Makocraft and Makocraft Australia (built in Melbourne) are completely different companies to Stessl Boat Group (built on the Gold Coast).

No member of the Stessl family has had any part of the Stessl Boat Group for the past few years.

http://www.stessl.com.au/

Stessl boats have been under independent ownership for around 2/3 years now, and all models have been changed and adapted to what actrually works.

Feel free to run any questions regarding the current Stessl boats to me. I have no afilliation with Alf Stessl or family, so please don't throw stones at me. I know nothing about Makocraft or their current operating condition, but please take the advice given earlier regarding the history there.

Regards

Darren

ashleyhj74
05-12-2010, 08:19 AM
the word "again" features alot in this topic..... ;)

Giveitacrack
14-12-2010, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the replies all....still no website....possibly game over???I was looking to buy a 5m Frenzy now i will have to look at other builds.

Almako
14-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Do what i did and trade it in on a CruiseCraft. Awesome history, awesome boat, awesome service, just awesome ha ha

rosco1974
15-12-2010, 08:53 PM
deckie,
sorry mate u are right,makocraft has the stessl family running it so therefor its a stessl,how wrong u are,stessl was taken over from the stessle family in approx 06 by well i dont know and makocraft was started up the same yr...so as far as i can see stessl family had nothing to do with the stessl brand boats from this time there for stessl is a stand alone company with no interest from the stessl family...

cheers rosco

deckie
30-12-2010, 01:08 PM
Heard a pretty bad rumour yesterday.
Is it common knowledge and i'm the last to hear of it ?

ozynorts
30-05-2012, 10:05 AM
Hey Guys,

Just to clear the air, Makocraft and Makocraft Australia (built in Melbourne) are completely different companies to Stessl Boat Group (built on the Gold Coast).

No member of the Stessl family has had any part of the Stessl Boat Group for the past few years.

http://www.stessl.com.au/

Stessl boats have been under independent ownership for around 2/3 years now, and all models have been changed and adapted to what actrually works.

Feel free to run any questions regarding the current Stessl boats to me. I have no afilliation with Alf Stessl or family, so please don't throw stones at me. I know nothing about Makocraft or their current operating condition, but please take the advice given earlier regarding the history there.

Regards

Darren
Hey Darren, with your knowledge of the history of Stessl and Makocraft etc could you tell me in your "personal opinion" what is the origin of the attached boat?
http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=12202407
Is it a plate boat and is it recent enough to be uummmm free of some previously highlighted issues with the other versions of these boats.
Thanks in advance
Haydn

boatboy50
30-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Hi Mate,

Being a 2006 I can't really help. Looks like one of the last built under the Stessl family ownership.....

A new one of the same boat is only $48790, with better build, four stroke and warranty.

http://coastalpowerboats.boatpoint.ninemsn.com.au/boats-for-sale/details.aspx?R=12439920

Darren

095rat
30-05-2012, 08:23 PM
I owned (for a very short time ) a Mako 560 THE WORST BOAT i have ever owned, rough as guts on the bay,& crap fit out
gained Cruisecraft the sale sale of a new 625 Outsider,then a 685 Explorer,but now i have seen the light & have ordered the Origin 7700 Evolution= ride comfort room !!!

Skusto
31-05-2012, 04:39 PM
;D;D
I owned (for a very short time ) a Mako 560 THE WORST BOAT i have ever owned, rough as guts on the bay,& crap fit out
gained Cruisecraft the sale sale of a new 625 Outsider,then a 685 Explorer,but now i have seen the light & have ordered the Origin 7700 Evolution= ride comfort room !!!

and lots of dollars later :D;D;D;D anice boat

095rat
31-05-2012, 09:25 PM
oh yep, forgot to mention that
i guess what i wanted to convey was that there would have to be better riding & fit out 560 size plate boats around

ozynorts
01-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the feedback gang. Will keep looking. We are in no rush (wweeellll I am but the finance controller isn't) so we will find a better deal. There are plenty of boats out there so thanks for the help. Gaining a heap of knowledge from this forum. Glad I joined up.