PDA

View Full Version : Which Anchor Delta or Manson Supreme?

Micadogs
01-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Hi All, I am just about to fit a Lewmar Vertical Windlass to my boat. I am torn bewteen two different anchors. The Delta is made by Lewmar and is tough as nails being made of magnesium alloy.

The Manson Supreme has the advantage of having a slide along the shaft so you can tie off with cable ties and recover if you are on reef or rock.

Both have Lloyds rating of super high holding power.

Anyone had experience with either of these anchors?

Regards Adam

borryking
01-12-2010, 12:20 PM
I run a 6kg delta on my 5.5 Surtees and have been very impressed with it. Have fished in conditions where you could barely stand up and it has held fast. The only time it has dragged was in thick weedy bottom where it didn't cut through.The mansons look good too, but the construction is a little suspect with the laminated tip... I lost a delta a few months back and ended up getting another one.

Jarrah Jack
01-12-2010, 01:32 PM
Have you considered the cooper anchor as well. Do a google search, ts worth a look.

Micadogs
01-12-2010, 01:50 PM
G'Day Jarrah Jack

I already have a Coopers Anchors, they are an excellent anchor. The only issue with these is that they dont fit bow rollers properly. I'm looking to automate my anchoring with a windlass and the Coopers flops all over the place in the bow roller. They dont have a stright edge and the thickness near the top excludes them from this use.

If anyone is using a Coopers with a Windlass and Bow Roller, please let me know how it performs and what, if any mods, were made to accomodate it.

I will still use the Coopers Anchor as my second stern anchor for beaches etc.

Regards Adam