PDA

View Full Version : Heat Sensor

Muteki
30-11-2010, 01:18 AM
Only been boating 12 months and had tons of trouble free fun. Became ignorant of the dangers lurking in the waters that dreaded plastic bag. Nice day and 11yr old son asks to drive...sure mate.
Traffic everywhere im focused on the environment not gauges...loss of power and turn to see smoke coming from every orifice my engine has. Thanks VMR.
OK recond (damn it).
Have a 1989 merc 6 inline 115hp and bought a heat sensor alarm thingy. Dont know where to attach this sensor.
All electrics one side and cooling on the other, i cant determine the best place for it for a true reading.
Anyone who knows this engine and where i might attach the sensor id appreciate the input.
Or its just eyes on water pressure gauge fulltime.

finga
30-11-2010, 05:33 AM
Mate, you have a magic motor.
The mighty Tower of Power (you have to stand there wearing a tea towel flapping from your neck and your undies on the outside of your shorts like Superman wears them when you say that and there needs to be an echo)
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/TV_and_Movies/superman-239.gif

A tee where the water pressure pipe (is it a pipe or sensor that makes the water pressure gauge work??) comes out sounds OK as that's straight into the cooling jacket.
Well that's where I'd put one on mine unless someone knows of a better spot.
What sort of boat??
Did you check the water pump and put a new impeller in?

Fed
30-11-2010, 06:29 AM
I'm surprised a 1989 Merc doesn't have an overheat alarm, are you sure you don't have one and it's just not working?

Spaniard_King
30-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Mate, you have a magic motor.
The mighty Tower of Power (you have to stand there wearing a tea towel flapping from your neck and your undies on the outside of your shorts like Superman wears them when you say that and there needs to be an echo)
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/TV_and_Movies/superman-239.gif

A tee where the water pressure pipe (is it a pipe or sensor that makes the water pressure gauge work??) comes out sounds OK as that's straight into the cooling jacket.
Well that's where I'd put one on mine unless someone knows of a better spot.
What sort of boat??
Did you check the water pump and put a new impeller in?

Most knowlegable folk in the game have a different acronym for those in line 6 's:o

finga
30-11-2010, 07:26 PM
They can't be real knowledgeable then can they Gary?? ;)