PDA

View Full Version : Well... how do I explain this one.....oops

swabio
28-11-2010, 03:46 PM
In my haste and excitement to fit out the yak I have ordered...... i got all crazy like, found a sounder that I thought would go a treat on it.... the Humminbird 798 C SI..... and ordered one....

well..... the first time i tried to order it.... i didn't get a receipt email, about 48 hours they still had no record of the transaction, so...... here I thought that it was a net glitch and the thing was not coming......

so I order another one, and now it would appear that there are two of the bad boys on their way to my place........as a couple of days after the original transaction was assumed lost in the net , so these two sweet sounders are heading my way.......

Unfortunately, I don't think the mrs will appreciate a couple of $$$ sounders rocking up......... ::)

So I guess that I will have to try and get rid of one, as I will still lose out a bit on shipping if I just return it.... I estimate the cost of it landed here in Oz will be about ~850 - 900. so.... if anyone is keen on one of these, let me know lol...

TimiBoy
28-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Richard, you silly, silly man! I hope someone takes it off your hands, mate. What sort of kayak?

Cheers,

Tim

swabio
28-11-2010, 03:55 PM
I ordered a hobie Pro Angler.... ;)

I am o/s again at the moment........ so will be a while before I get to use it though....

finga
28-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Buy another yak.
That'll fix the problem.
Well that's how I'd solve it anyways.

Marlin_Mike
28-11-2010, 07:15 PM
Buy another yak.
That'll fix the problem.

Right on Scotty............ you never know when you'll need that second yak mate...........

P.S: Scotty, how was the Cucumber Sandwich and Chardonnay lunch by the dam/lake this afternoon?????????????? ::) :P

Hope you cut the crusts off the cucumber sandwiches, It just wouldnt be the same with the crusts left on.............;) :o ;D ;D

And yes, I didn't blow the boat up with the batteries.....thanks for letting me pick your brain with mu dumb question, hope you cucumber sanga didnt go stale while we chatted.;D

Mike

cormorant
28-11-2010, 07:29 PM
What battery do you need to run one of those for the day?

Do you silicon it in and shoot thru the hull?

PinHead
28-11-2010, 09:18 PM
simple solution ..just wrap it up and send it to me..Xmas present.

swabio
29-11-2010, 03:55 AM
Buy another yak.
That'll fix the problem.

I have a feeling that after a turn of the PA.....my Mrs will enjoy the yak and be keen on her own one...... so that means I can justify getting a more offshore focussed one for the second yak.....as I get to use the PA when she doesn't want to come out and have the bonus of a more offshore focussed yak for a second one ;) .... maybe a tandem AI... now that would be sweeeeet!

What battery do you need to run one of those for the day?

Do you silicon it in and shoot thru the hull?

Apparently a 12v SLA (sealed lead acid) battery is good for about a days worth of fishing.... I haven't looked into it too much yet...

People have set them up as thru hull or in water.. I am not sure yet.....apparently 'marine goop' is the go instead of silicon though..... will explore it when i get it all home ;)

simple solution ..just wrap it up and send it to me..Xmas present.

LOL, greg, I think that would get me in even more poo ;)

SchmucK
29-11-2010, 10:07 AM
PM sent mate

swabio
29-11-2010, 01:04 PM
PM sent mate

reply sent :)

aussiebasser
29-11-2010, 03:11 PM
You won't have full side imaging if you try to do it through hull.

Archer
29-11-2010, 05:55 PM
In my haste and excitement to fit out the yak I have ordered...... i got all crazy like, found a sounder that I thought would go a treat on it.... the Humminbird 798 C SI..... and ordered one....

well..... the first time i tried to order it.... i didn't get a receipt email, about 48 hours they still had no record of the transaction, so...... here I thought that it was a net glitch and the thing was not coming......

so I order another one, and now it would appear that there are two of the bad boys on their way to my place........as a couple of days after the original transaction was assumed lost in the net , so these two sweet sounders are heading my way.......

Unfortunately, I don't think the mrs will appreciate a couple of $$$ sounders rocking up......... ::)

So I guess that I will have to try and get rid of one, as I will still lose out a bit on shipping if I just return it.... I estimate the cost of it landed here in Oz will be about ~850 - 900. so.... if anyone is keen on one of these, let me know lol...

Richard mate...That Spare sounder would look great on the console of the haines....;D
If you cant get rid of it let me know i might be interested but not till the new year.
Will catchup for a fish once your back home. ;)
Joe

swabio
29-11-2010, 11:52 PM
hey Joe,

No probs ya big poof, I will give you a bell when i get back.....

swabio
09-12-2010, 03:55 AM
LoL.... well the saga continues........ I fessed up about the debacle that I got myself into....... surprisingly my mrs was not too fussed about it all......... happy enough that I will just sell the xtra one when it arrives....... now that brings me on to the next part of the story!

Cabelas, where i bought it from, took a while, to send it on to the freight forwarders........ but both have arrived, about two days apart..... one is now transiting through LA with DHL........ and should be at my place in QLD in a few days.... the other is in the process of being on forwarded...... so will be prob at my place early next week.....

It is pretty funny, in that the domestic US shipping by UPS is way slower than even the international shipping......... it was despatched before a rod/reel combo i ordered from the states, yet the rod/reel combo arrived at my place in four days........ it took just over a week for the domestic shipping of the Fish finders..... and one of them i even paid for express handling.... it took one day less than the normal shipping, at an extra 32 bucks or there abouts.....

Anyway, it is looking good for it all to be sorted in the next few days........ then i just need to sell one of them! lol

finga
09-12-2010, 05:03 AM
Cabella's have been having all sorts of drama's lately to the point I've cancelled 2 orders after all sorts of grief.
Gees I hope they sort the computer troubles out soon.

swabio
12-12-2010, 03:58 PM
well all the charges are visible on my CC statement now....... and the fish finder should be at my house in the next couple of days..... all up it was $950 AUD delivered..... so if anyone wants a Hummingbird 768 SI for under a grand let me know.....