PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha dealer

superdag
27-11-2010, 07:48 PM
Hello all,
I would like to communicate a recent bad experience with my local Sunshine Coast Yamaha outboard dealer.
After much information gathering I decided to purchase a 60hp four stroke Yamaha for my boat, I was deliberating between Mercury and Yamaha. With the decision made I approached 3 dealers (my normal method of procuring new items), 2 on the Sunshine Coast and 1 outer reaches of the north side of Brisbane.
Obtaining similar prices I then weighed up convenience for boat drop off and pick up as well as future work for servicing etc. This task became much easier after attending the Sunshine coast boat show as the dealer from the North side of Brisbane was absolutely down right rude - right there at the boat show in front of every person standing in their display. Could not believe they would do that, and by the way when I spoke with them on the phone originally they were ok.
That left me with only 2 choices and as I live in the middle part of the coast the decision was made, convenience dictated as I could not pick them apart (and I like to support local business).
The dealer I Chose was unappreciative of the business, pushed my job back a week to attend to more important work. The sting is the boat was returned to me filthy, there were greasy hand marks from the stern to the helm and everywhere in between, I asked for the steering cable to be replaced while in the work shop - the steering wheel was more than a quarter the way off centered. The gauges in the dash were loose and the cables placed under the starboard deck were hanging down. I am sure the work was performed by an inexperienced person as the quality all round was very poor.
This is just a brief of the disappointing work performed.http://www.ausfish.com.au/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/Original%20Smilies/sad.gif
Has anybody else had bad/poor service from our local Yamaha dealer like I have.
I now don't know where to go to have my servicing done.

White Pointer
01-12-2010, 07:18 PM
G'day,

Did you take it back and ask the dealer principal to fix it?

Regards,

White Pointer

superdag
03-12-2010, 09:47 PM
G'day White Pointer,

I pointed it out to the salesman and asked them to clean it before I left the workshop the day of pick up, they obliged (I thought) and I didn't check the work any further before hitching up and going.
I also didn't realize the helm was out of centered until a closer look at home.

The dealer principal had no interest in even speaking to me whilst in his premises, and I signed the paper work with him so he knew me.

I know this sounds like I am just complaining, and I am a bit but I have not been treated so poorly after spending what is for me a large amount of money on a recreational item.

The lack of reply indicates that I may be unique with the problem. Would like to hear any comments or similar stories about our coast Yamaha dealers.

Cheers
Superdag.

whatscracken
04-12-2010, 06:09 AM
Seeing that you have just joined and these are your first two posts here on Ausfish Dag I think your trying to create bad publicity for this particular brand and their dealers.

Stop wasting peoples time.

stinky-stabi
04-12-2010, 06:59 AM
Seeing that you have just joined and these are your first two posts here on Ausfish Dag I think your trying to create bad publicity for this particular brand and their dealers.

WTF? the bloke is telling his us experience mate exactly wot this site is for ......and yes dag have had trouble with them as well , work was quality of the endeavour's work program......this dealer was near the car yards ::) uno who i mean

Debro
04-12-2010, 10:36 AM
Hello all,
I would like to communicate a recent bad experience with my local Sunshine Coast Yamaha outboard dealer.
After much information gathering I decided to purchase a 60hp four stroke Yamaha for my boat, I was deliberating between Mercury and Yamaha. With the decision made I approached 3 dealers (my normal method of procuring new items), 2 on the Sunshine Coast and 1 outer reaches of the north side of Brisbane.
Obtaining similar prices I then weighed up convenience for boat drop off and pick up as well as future work for servicing etc. This task became much easier after attending the Sunshine coast boat show as the dealer from the North side of Brisbane was absolutely down right rude - right there at the boat show in front of every person standing in their display. Could not believe they would do that, and by the way when I spoke with them on the phone originally they were ok.
That left me with only 2 choices and as I live in the middle part of the coast the decision was made, convenience dictated as I could not pick them apart (and I like to support local business).
The dealer I Chose was unappreciative of the business, pushed my job back a week to attend to more important work. The sting is the boat was returned to me filthy, there were greasy hand marks from the stern to the helm and everywhere in between, I asked for the steering cable to be replaced while in the work shop - the steering wheel was more than a quarter the way off centered. The gauges in the dash were loose and the cables placed under the starboard deck were hanging down. I am sure the work was performed by an inexperienced person as the quality all round was very poor.
This is just a brief of the disappointing work performed.http://www.ausfish.com.au/yabbfiles/Templates/Forum/default/Original%20Smilies/sad.gif
Has anybody else had bad/poor service from our local Yamaha dealer like I have.
I now don't know where to go to have my servicing done.

Hi Supderdag.,

Thanks for keeping us (the public) informed about such poor workmanship.
If no-one speaks up the buggars keep getting away with it and service gets worse not better.
We were treated rudely by a service agent on the Gold Coast.
Went to Brisbane (Stones Corner Marine) and received excellent service, advise and information. Extremely obliging.
With the assistance from Stones Corner Marine we did the repair and service ourselves. Quite easy with those tit bits thrown in at the time of purchasing replacement parts.

Speak Up and Keep the buggars honest....

Debro

Shawn 66
04-12-2010, 01:51 PM

What is the point of this forum if people. especially new members are afraid of expressing their views or opinions on subjects that have effected them.The same thing happened to me on my first post,I expressed a favorable review of a certain dealership and was then accused of being the dealer principal of that dealership. Just so I am aware of the rules of this forum,is it only permitted to share an opinion or experience if one has been a member for a certain period of time?
If someone could please clarify the rules I would be gratefull.
Regards,
Shawn

Jarrah Jack
04-12-2010, 05:16 PM
Freshwater Tragic and Superdag (thats a good name;D ). I guess there are written rules and unwritten rules, as there are on all forums. I think a number of times in the past new members have come on for the wrong (read vested interest) reasons. Some members don't like being treated as mugs so tend to be a bit sensitive to new members posting either good or bad things in their first posts.

Once things settle down and if your fairdinkum then you can post such things and people know that you haven't got any other motive. The forum is for people to help each other and its very good at that, the best I reckon.

I hope that helps and welcome to you both.

Cheers

Shawn 66
04-12-2010, 08:13 PM
G'Day Jack,
Thanks for the clarification. I did not realise that I was treating the members of this forum as mugs , but there you go, I am only a silly construction worker . I suppose that I just have to wait untill the more senior members of this forum deem me worthy of voicing an opinion .
Regards'
Shawn

superdag
04-12-2010, 08:38 PM
Hey All,
Thanks for your input on all fronts.
If I could put forward first, I am not in any way shape or form associated to the marine industry. I have put forward my thoughts to warn people only, very purposely I didn't mention names.
Very impressed with the Yamaha outboard, would certainly purchase one again if I can find better service.
I apologize if I have tread on toes in my first posts, that was not my point.
By the way I have been viewing this forum for sometime as a guest so I consider it wasn't a hasty decision to post when I did.
I look forward to hearing further comments.
Regards,
Superdag.

Jarrah Jack
04-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Hi Shawn....No mate I didn't mean it like that at all. PM sent..

ozscott
04-12-2010, 09:57 PM
G'Day Jack,
Thanks for the clarification. I did not realise that I was treating the members of this forum as mugs , but there you go, I am only a silly construction worker . I suppose that I just have to wait untill the more senior members of this forum deem me worthy of voicing an opinion .
Regards'
Shawn

:) That was me last time! (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=170139). Mate really its not you its anyone who jumps on in their first post in particular and either shouts praise for a particular yard or shouts down a particular yard (the former being the most sus). Its just that we have seen some bogus posts before like that. Look forward to hearing more from you on the boards.

Cheers

wayno60
04-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Whatscracken,
Gold member or not, pull ya head in...superdag would be the worst person in the world if the same thing happened to you and he spoke up after the event and told you about what he knew...
Last i knew this was a public forum and being that he has the right to say anything he likes.
Somewhere in the fine print Ausfish will have a clause stating anything posted by members of this forum is done so of their own doing and is in no way endorsed by the Owner, Admin and mods of this forum...

Next!!!!!

Charlie
04-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Straight after purchasing my Yammy and immediately after my 1st service received a questioner from Yamaha Australia asking for feedback about my experience with their dealers so they do appear to take after sales service quite seriously, if service is bad then contact Yamaha directly and have a bitch about it.

ahamay
04-12-2010, 11:17 PM
Oh watch out, a gold member has spoken. Everyone back as you were, just watching and not contributing.

tin can marlin
04-12-2010, 11:28 PM
This the way it is going in marine the dealers are cuting each other up that much that there is nothing left and when there is nothing left they are going to give bad service becauase they can not afford to give good service name another industry were you see as many retailers go broke as the marine game. The motor factorys need to have less dealers so they are not fighting each other as much that way we will only pay a little bit more and get a much better deal. I spoke to Wayne about this type of thing the other day from stones and he was on the same page and he said he want enter into the price war and maybe thats why he gives such good service and has been around for 15 years or so.

Shawn 66
05-12-2010, 07:09 AM
:) That was me last time! (http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=170139). Mate really its not you its anyone who jumps on in their first post in particular and either shouts praise for a particular yard or shouts down a particular yard (the former being the most sus). Its just that we have seen some bogus posts before like that. Look forward to hearing more from you on the boards.

Cheers
Mate
Thanks for that check your PM's :D
Shawn

PinHead
05-12-2010, 07:13 AM
the boating industry is like many others. Some people work on the premise that price will win work but in the end the cheaper price usually leads to them going out of business.. It has happened a lot in my industry also.
It is what a capitalist system is all about..in the end the consumer sets the playing field of what is expected but that can take a very long time.

Jarrah Jack
05-12-2010, 08:36 AM
The local, and as it turns out , Yamaha dealer, just closed his doors leaving a big gap in servicing and parts at the height of the busy season. I don't know the details but it sure is inconvenient as they supplied parts to all the local mechanics who are gunna be booked out for longer in advance now.

wayno60
05-12-2010, 11:20 AM
JJ i dont think its the fact that he's a yammy dealer... it wood be a seperatly owned business that just happens to sell yamaha products..its more than likely he closed his door due to the way he ran his bussiness rather than having anything to do with yam.

Squidlet
05-12-2010, 07:17 PM
I say if you have a constructive opinion voice it!!!
Tha squeeeeeky weal get's the oil!

White Pointer
07-12-2010, 10:27 PM
G'day,

I made an earlier post on this thread asking a simple question and got a reply that was concerning, but I've stayed out of it because of the slanging match.

The owner of the thread and the boat asked for some advice and help because it would seem that he has a poor engine set up on the back of his boat. It now seems that his supplier has ceased trading.

Yamaha are pretty selective about dealer appointments and don't like their brand being associated with failure. I'm sure they will assist with a referral to another dealer or to a Yamaha OEM boat builder the help put the matter to rest.

I suggest that you contact Yamaha and seek their advice.

Regards,

White Pointer

Chamelion
07-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Which Yamaha dealer on the sunshine coast closed up shop?

MTAQ/BTAQ
08-12-2010, 09:05 AM
I too have had poor service from a Yamaha dealership on the Sunshine Coast - the Yamaha product (a jet ski) was faultless, however, the service was unprofessional and related to a cash back deal sponsored by Yamaha - I received no cash back as was mentioned on the Yamaha website.

I wrote a letter of complaint to the dealership and Yamaha.

I received a phone call from the dealership saying they were a Platinum dealership and because of that they did not need to give a cash back - I still cannot make any sense out of that statement.

I received nil response from Yamaha.

Jarrah Jack
08-12-2010, 09:49 AM
JJ i dont think its the fact that he's a yammy dealer... it wood be a seperatly owned business that just happens to sell yamaha products..its more than likely he closed his door due to the way he ran his bussiness rather than having anything to do with yam.

Absolutely Wayno!