PDA

View Full Version : new fillet table

Mrs Ronnie H
18-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Hi all
As I have not much to do these days thought I would venture out into the shed and see what I could find to do. Cleaning table has been on the agenda for awhile now but hadn't quite decided on how I would do it. Well the pic below is what i came up with. Cost me under 20 bucks as i had most of the stuff at home.

You guys might not think much of it but I think it worked out great.

Ronnie

theoldlegend
18-11-2010, 06:20 PM
Good job Ronnie. 8-)

Doesn't have to be expensive to do the job.

TOL

Rhinoc
18-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Good stuff Ronnie. I made myself a cleaning table too however I used treated framing timber that I had laying around and covered it with a large sheet of kingboard. Combined with a designated shower tap it works a treat.

Rhino...

Mrs Ronnie H
18-11-2010, 07:18 PM
thanks guys

pretty proud of myself for a girlllllllllllllllllllllll

Had the table frame with buggered lamo on top and the sink I pulled out of the old caravan.

ply on top can be taken off and turned over when it gets abit ratty. Was thinking scrap place for a piece of stainless but then it blunts the knives and who wants to be forever sharpenning them.

Thanks again guys for your comments

Ronnie

therapy
19-11-2010, 04:19 AM
Your a bloody legend!!! Mr Ronnie H would want to treat you right cause if you are ever on the market again, a small add on Ausfish would see your inbox full (so to speak!!) I hope that table gets a good blooding before long.

Cheers.....Terry......

charleville
19-11-2010, 07:29 AM
A damn fine effort! Well done!

A suggested improvement might be to add wheels at one end but if there are two of you who can lift the table to move it out of the way when not being used, then wheels are not necessary.

Mine is basically a sink on wheels and I leave it out of view in the yard when it is not in use. A plastic barbecue cover costing about $10 is handy to protect it from leaves and bird droppings etc.

Noelm
19-11-2010, 07:41 AM
I have a big cleaning table down the back yard, under the shade of a tree, but my mate made a great portable one from an old BBQ trolly, it has wheels at one end so it can be wheeled around , he just got an old BBQ from the tip, tossed away the crap, fitted a big sink (also from the tip) and then used a big piece of cutting board cut down to suit the size left from fitting the sink, if I think of it, I will take a photo on mine and post it.

Mrs Ronnie H
19-11-2010, 01:17 PM
thanks guys again

Wheels-- I have a set of castors that lock so the table won't move and they will be added later. After careful consideration I have decided to replace the pump tap with a brass one and put hose connection on it so I can just clip it on.

Hopefully tomorrow will see it get dirty as we are just going up the river for some more big summer whiting --

lol
Ronnie