PDA

View Full Version : My dad hooked something huge at Wuruma dam It was me

fatboyfishing
15-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Left the ramp at 4:00pm
headed up to the first lot of wind blown bays wet temp was pretty cool and it was a bit wet.
But we were all keen .
we casted lures for around hour and all was going pretty well
then the old boy loaded his rod with ready for a long cast to a really nice looking bit of timber . when CRACK:o lure to the back of my head.
yep dad had pulled his b52 with very sharp extra strong vmc hooks into the back of my head .
after a few attempts trying to cut the hook we gave up and cut the eye of the b52 not happy about wrecking a nice lure .
so with a hook hanging out of my head we
Decided to not waste the trip we fished til dark
But no BARRA but just enough hits to keep us going
Drove back to Bilo hospital went in at 9:45pm
The nurses soon made me the joke of the hospital saying that they only see things like this on TV;D .
they gave me a free hair cut then they got to work on getting this hook out
Even the doctor had a laugh while sticking me with a needle.
After couple of cuts with the knife out pulled the hook
out of the hospital by 10;55pm
so i don't know what the bestest thing caught in wuruma is
but i think you will have to do pretty well to bet 118kg 190cm

NAGG
15-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Ouch!!! .......:(

& you even got a treble in the head for your efforts;)

bad luck on both accounts

Chris

fatboyfishing
15-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Ouch!!! .......:(

& you even got a treble in the head for your efforts;)

bad luck on both accounts

Chris
mate we had a top weekend last weekend got some good barra and some real good yellas

Escape with LG
15-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Well set!!!

Yeah i got myself in the foot when i stood on a treble the other week! Didnt hurt at all and my only advice to anyone is to not even bother try and remove it yourself! I tried pretty hard with pliers to roll it out and just couldnt!

Top effort on continuing to fish mate at least you got one in the boat.... Well your old boy anyway!

Cheers Luke

Barry Ehsman
15-11-2010, 04:40 PM
Bloody hell mate that looks painfull,,,but i suppose you had been sipping on something to help ease the pain..

Cheers Baz

wrenchman
15-11-2010, 06:38 PM
i started reading your post thinking .. oh yeh i have stuck myself with a lure before ,, in the leg at Maroon , had to cut the treble out with a razor when i got home .. then i get to your pics and i blow one up for a closer gander ...
SHOOT ! was the first word that came out ... that is seriously Hooked and looks painfull..

leelee
15-11-2010, 07:31 PM
Man that looks so painfull.

Hope it heals well.

Cheers

Lee

finga
15-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Shoulda just cut the barbs off and left it for decoration.
It'll make a good talking point at the pub then.

honda900
15-11-2010, 07:56 PM
Geeezuss..

How you going to live down the hair cut.. ;D

nice work on toughing it out tho..

Regards
HOnda..

poppers81
15-11-2010, 08:30 PM
That is old news... kids in the mall in brissie have been walking around with metal like that for months now...

Jokes mate... awesome effort to continue to fish..

jimbamb
16-11-2010, 11:32 AM
no wonder i duck when i hear one buzzing past my ear!!!!!!

geez that musta hurt 4 a while..

jim

bdowdy
16-11-2010, 12:38 PM
yeh ouch alright, pity you didnt get any fish

wamjam
17-11-2010, 11:11 AM
Geeeezzzzz !!!! :o ,,,,, I bet your oldman can throw a lure a long way !!.... Did you say sorry ??? for stuffing up his cast at that nice timber.:-X ;D

Scott

fatboyfishing
17-11-2010, 02:47 PM
Geeeezzzzz !!!! :o ,,,,, I bet your oldman can throw a lure a long way !!.... Did you say sorry ??? for stuffing up his cast at that nice timber.:-X ;D

Scott
I said a little more than sorry to him

PNG1M
20-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Ouch all right...been there done that plus a few close calls.

I remember clearly the whisssh of wind right next to my temple from a Size 1 JJ Stumpjumper on the Fly River, being cast by a bloke on his first fishing trip who'd never used a baitcaster before. Crikey...!!

If it does happen, one way is to push the trebles all the way through then out of the skin so the barbs are exposed.

Then you can flatten the barbs with a pair of pliers & pull the hooks back out.

Or try and cut the barbs off if you happen to have a smallish set of sturdy tin snips handy like I generally do after I did get hooked once - and had some near misses in various other bodily parts.

It pays to be prepared.

wags on the water
22-11-2010, 07:27 PM
Holy cr*p !! Mate I hope your hair grows back. I don't think you have commitment issues after fishing on long after being hooked.

4x4frog
22-11-2010, 08:38 PM
:o :-X Nothing to say except OMFG.
Have had some painful procedures in my short life. Believe me when I say, that takes the cake.
Not sure if you are brave or just plain nuts waiting until dark.
Just a pity the scar won't be readily visible.

Would a good pair of side cutters even touch hardened VMC hooks?
I'd not like to have anyone cut or try to cut a hook in my scalp, the movement when it does let go if it did would kill more.:'(

Do we have a most committed fisho of the year award?? We need one Steve.

Mike Delisser
22-11-2010, 08:47 PM
Ouch!!!
I recon that's about as good as I've seen.
You did the the right thing heading in to Billo, that trick with the line works a treat but not with 2 trebs inbedded like you had.
BTW how full is Waruma now? and also can you tell us what it's like to launch atm, 4x4 only or 2wd?
Cheers
Mike

jason p
22-11-2010, 10:08 PM
blaaaardy hell mate:o and you kept on fishin, now thats dedication to a sport. your a man of steel, well 2 parts of a vmc hook any way.

fatboyfishing
24-11-2010, 07:34 AM
Ouch!!!
I recon that's about as good as I've seen.
You did the the right thing heading in to Billo, that trick with the line works a treat but not with 2 trebs inbedded like you had.
BTW how full is Waruma now? and also can you tell us what it's like to launch atm, 4x4 only or 2wd?
Cheers
Mike

heaps of water
rammp you could use with a 2wd
and it is fishing pretty good