PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Comps

NEWBY
05-11-2010, 06:30 AM
Just a thought for Ausfish Promotion.
How about a dedicated competition forum?
There are many competitions run around Australia and a lot of people like to compete, or go to drink at least.
An Ausfish banner up at the HQ of the comp to cross promote site and comp?
Just a thought. It is hard to find ALL of whats going on around the place.
I know Vanuatu has 2 big comps a year.
Exmouth, Broome, Hervey Bay, Gladstone etc etc...
Some huge comps with many participants.
More members means more advertisers. More entrants in the comps means more success etc etc.

wayno60
05-11-2010, 06:49 AM
plus frazer isl , flatty classic and the greenback at kingscliff...
i just dont know how you get on doing it with out somehow becoming a sponsor of sortd

Horse
05-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Drop Steve a PM and see where he stands on the issue. It sounds like a Win/Win situation to me

Lucky_Phill
05-11-2010, 05:51 PM
wayno60,

The Fraser comp is no more.

LP

NEWBY
06-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Drop Steve a PM and see where he stands on the issue. It sounds like a Win/Win situation to me

Thats what I was thinking.
Try and find a calendar of any sorts anywhere with the info....nowhere...

i figure here, any member could post about a comp in a comp forum...let everyone know about it.

PinHead
06-11-2010, 12:11 PM
why not just post them in the going fishing forum as has been done before and ask for a sticky on it.

Lucky_Phill
07-11-2010, 04:21 PM
G'day all,

Bush'n'Beach Magazine and QLD Fishing Monthly Magazine have a list of all comps in the calendar year. Further, if you " google " ..... " Queensland Fishing Competitions ", a plethora of listings and links appear.

Ausfish has 86,000 members and an equally high number of guests that patrol the forums. A ratio of those that actually compete in competitions is relatively small.

Competitions that run by not for profit organisations , such as Coast Guard, do get promoted on Ausfish from time to time, like the Shane Stewart Memorial Competition in Caloundra.

Most competitions are run by clubs or other organisations that do this for profit and therefore they would have to pay an advertising fee to Ausfish for this promotion. This is purely a business situation.

As PinHead said and has been done before, a Forum already exists for those that are participating in a competition, and that is the M & G Going Fishing Forum.

Cheers Phill

NEWBY
08-11-2010, 05:53 AM
Ok well the Gladstone Motorworld, offshore classic will be heavily advertised by my local media outlets.
If Ausfish has 86000 and as many visitors, it would make good commercial sense then that Ausfish, without contributing gets a good mention so we can cross promote then doesn't it?
This comp is for non profit org's but will get great media coverage.
Horse may be right about dropping Steve a line and see how much Ausfish wants to be involved. Works well both ways without costing anyone a cent really.

NEWBY
08-11-2010, 07:03 AM
P.S.
See M&G Post
"Gladstone Motorworld Offshore Classic"
Initial post up now.

Lucky_Phill
08-11-2010, 07:21 AM
OK, well that sits well with Ausfish.

As stated, is a comp is run for not for profit ( obviously the benefactors would be fishing/ water related organisations ), then I see no problem with it being supported by Ausfish.

This of course, has to be endorsed by the owners of Ausfish.

Cheers LP.

NEWBY
09-11-2010, 07:12 AM
Post in M&G Going fishing forum....