PDA

View Full Version : open water safety gear in Victoria

troy
02-11-2010, 07:34 PM
This is a carry on thread from open water safety gear. I recently bought a boat, motor and trailer from a dealer in Victoria and to seal the deal I asked for open water safety gear to be included. All I received was four life jackets, flares and torch with no batteries or front and a hand held compass and a fire extinguisher and two anchors I recently contacted the dealer and asked how come no v sheet or epirb. Now what worries me the most is for five months I have continually asked for an engine manual and record of warranty. the dealer continually will not give me the engine manual or warranty papers on the outboard. So what should I do?
Thanks
Troy.

Jarrah Jack
03-11-2010, 01:54 PM
You're about right with the safety gear. As far as the warrenty papers go if its a new motor which by the sound of it, it is, then just ring head office in Aus of whatever motor you have. I think it will be sorted out real quick.

I'd be doing that just to check up with them( the dealer) in any case. Just have the serial number handy.

PS the epirb is needed about 5k off the coast ,check with the authorities..Whether it should be in the safety pack would be determined by your origional negotiations with the dealer as they are expensive but coming down.