PDA

View Full Version : Non-slip fotowear

thylacene
24-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Went out on a charter a couple of weeks ago, and wore a set of Rivers Crocs knock-offs, and they were like ice skates, so I am in the market for some serious fishing shoes. Spent more time hanging on that fishing as it was an unpleasant sea. There was a strong possibility of injury without bracing myself, something I choose not to repeat.

Anyone out there with first hand experience and recommendations. Have looked at the Shimano shoes but only go to size 12 and need a 13.

What do you use? What should I avoid?

Cheers

Thy

jeffo
24-10-2010, 08:24 PM
Get some good sandals. Ones with velcro straps across the ankle, the base of the toes and around the back of the ankle. They are great for grip and your feet dont have to "hang on to them" all day. Look for ones with soles that wont mark the floor or gel coat of your boat.

Columbia make some good ones as do sperry.

rogerb
24-10-2010, 08:35 PM
I am with Jeffo, Sperry sandals are the go, they have a proper deck shoe sole that give really good grip $79 at Whithworths.

Cheers, Rog

bigjimg
24-10-2010, 08:48 PM
Been down this path,neoprene deck shoes,volley's with the tongue and laces removed,sandles all a pain in the arse.A LA NATURAL now and they don't stink.Jim

sleepygreg
24-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Dunlop Volleys.....cheap as chips....the best grip you will get (thats why they are standard wear for Roofers)...better grip than bare feet....and safer when sharing a charter (avoiding stray hooks and fish that others leave on the deck). They also wont mark the deck of the boat.

Greg