PDA

View Full Version : Lifestyle Tri Hulls

pog mo hoin
19-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Hello World,
Was wondering if many had any experience with these impressive looking craft, they look good in the promo video, I was actually wondering how hey ride and are they a cross between a mono and a cat. I have heard mixed reports but never from anybody who actually has or had one. I like the layout and the space but are they a good dedicated off shore rig??
Many Thanks in advance for any replies.

Regards

Chimo
19-10-2010, 06:28 PM
A neighbour of mine has one that could be sale if your interested, plays golf so it isnt getting used!

Cheers
Chimo

Stuart
19-10-2010, 06:39 PM
Ver hard riding in short and sharp chop. I use to fish in a 6 meter + model and never again. If its smoth or even slight chop then its ok, but if it picks up then your in for a hard hitting ride home.

Stu

trueblue
19-10-2010, 06:58 PM
I have a monohull with really big negative chines, and I second what Stu said. I reckon from my experience with my boat, that the lifestyle boat would be very hard riding into a sea

Noelm
20-10-2010, 02:22 PM
big negative shines?? please explain.

Steeler
20-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Negative shines,come off it Noel thats when you polish them with real rough sandpaper didn't you know that.;D

trueblue
20-10-2010, 03:53 PM
reverse chines, 30 degrees down and 200mm wide, full length of waterline, bangs like buggery into a headsea

business class
20-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Lifestyle are a wanna be Hydrofield:P , very simialar in design but done for the family man/ allrounder hense the name;) IMO You cant compare a multi hull to a single in ride for many reasons, so i dont get what trueblue means with in his mono he hits hard because he has wide chines, so the lifestyle would? But anyway back on the question;D I own a trihull and to be truthfull their not the best in a head on sea but apart from a heavy mono with tabs down what is? I take a decent sea quarter on and go harder it helps the ride as puts air through the tunnels which helps me alot. In saying this, the lifestyle to be honest look like a bay design to me, as they tried to make a cat with a centre hull. The tunnels are also not big enough, so in a head sea you will bang hard and u will shutter also. If you look up hydrofield you may understand what i mean bye the design differences, as both are tri hull's but both completely diffrent where the two side tunnels on a hydrofield are alot further back. One is offshore one is family IMO. But if ur serious, Go for a run in one, this is the best way and you will see for yourself as just because someone hates it dont mean you wont love it ;D .

Cheers
Matty

Noelm
21-10-2010, 07:39 AM
reverse chines, 30 degrees down and 200mm wide, full length of waterline, bangs like buggery into a headsea
OH, I see, I guess I should have tried to interpret the typo, but it just threw me off a bit. sorry.

Tracker
21-10-2010, 09:07 AM
Lifestyle are a wanna be Hydrofield:P , very simialar in design but done for the family man/ allrounder hense the name;) IMO You cant compare a multi hull to a single in ride for many reasons, so i dont get what trueblue means with in his mono he hits hard because he has wide chines, so the lifestyle would? But anyway back on the question;D I own a trihull and to be truthfull their not the best in a head on sea but apart from a heavy mono with tabs down what is? I take a decent sea quarter on and go harder it helps the ride as puts air through the tunnels which helps me alot. In saying this, the lifestyle to be honest look like a bay design to me, as they tried to make a cat with a centre hull. The tunnels are also not big enough, so in a head sea you will bang hard and u will shutter also. If you look up hydrofield you may understand what i mean bye the design differences, as both are tri hull's but both completely diffrent where the two side tunnels on a hydrofield are alot further back. One is offshore one is family IMO. But if ur serious, Go for a run in one, this is the best way and you will see for yourself as just because someone hates it dont mean you wont love it ;D .

Cheers
Matty
so true.;)

Matt_F
21-10-2010, 10:18 AM
How would the air rider hulls compare?

Has anyone got experience with these? I can't find any comments on ausfish that are for or against.

Here is a link to the company in Fremantle that designs them. I saw them recently at a boat show and at first impressions I do wonder how they would go in a head on sea.

http://www.marinekits.com/catalogue.php?catid=1

CCDrifter
22-10-2010, 01:41 PM

Cheers
Matty

As soon as I saw Tri Hull on this thread I started a count down for you Matty

pog mo hoin
24-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Then heres a curly one, which Fiberglass glass hull in a mono arond 7ish mt would be best suited for out wide??

Chimo
24-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Here we go, this should prove to be interesting.

My two bobs worth, whatever you get make sure it has trim tabs fitted.

And two motors

Whos next to add more ?

Cheers
Chimo

julian1
24-10-2010, 07:42 PM
Then heres a curly one, which Fiberglass glass hull in a mono arond 7ish mt would be best suited for out wide??

233 with twins and tabs

julian1
24-10-2010, 07:43 PM
233 with twins and tabs

oh yea and make that a transom mount model ;)

if you must go a mono ::)

pog mo hoin
26-10-2010, 05:15 PM
Well which are the better Cat then?

Jarrah Jack
26-10-2010, 08:47 PM

Coutacraft Big Ram twins and tabs with an experienced driver..