PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets Radio Times

Horse
16-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Dave Downie (Nugget) has had his radio show brought forward an hour to a 4.00am start. Unless I'm in transit on a trip I probably won't hear the first hour of the show. Thats pretty poor form by 4BC and I think it shows the general contempt for rec fishos in mainstream media.
If you want tomake a statement to 4BC then jump onto

http://www.4bc.com.au/contact-us.html

and say your piece

dartman
16-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the link Horse, I've left my feedback.

Poor form 4BC!!

Lucky_Phill
16-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Thanks Neil,

I was wondering what happened this morning on the way to work, turned on 4BC only to hear Col Campbell ? thought, what ?

Then it dawned on me that the show is run by southerners ( NSW sydney types ) who think the world revolves around them !!!!

Have left Feedback :)

LP.

Scalem
17-10-2010, 06:51 AM
And its the same this morning as it was Yesterday less the arguement with my Missus. She doesn't mind a listen to fishing shows, we both woke up the same time Yesterday and I asked if she could tune her clock radio/ alarm to 4BC. Went past gardening chat about 4 times - No that's not it!

So I jump outa bed, accusing her " geez you're useless " and click on the website http://www.4bc.com.au/

There is Nugget, click on the "Listen Now" talking fishing tab" and I get a Scotts Lawn builder add with Arnold Schwatzinegger!!

Really Sad aint it? Listening to 4BC when you and the wife wake up at the same time;D ;D

Scalem

4x4frog
17-10-2010, 07:50 AM
Really Sad aint it? Listening to 4BC when you and the wife wake up at the same time;D ;D

Scalem
:o Talk about going O/T, thanx Scalem, don't feel like breaky now.

Read about this on Nuggets site too. Poor form from 4BC. They apparently moved the best show they have to fit Maurice and some broad in later in the morning. They can keep him in Sydney, give us Dave at the original time thanx.

Lucky_Phill
19-10-2010, 12:29 PM
My response:-

Hi Phil

Many thanks for taking the time to email your thoughts. We appreciate
all feedback.

We do value the importance and great interest there is in our fishing
program with Dave Downie. I realise the timing may not be ideal for you
however we are still very much committed to delivering all the fishing
news and information, as we have for a number of years.

In addition to the two hours on air 4BC has also included a fishing
segment with Dave Downie in the new weekend morning program between 8
and midday with Ian Maurice and Mary Collier.

We will also look at having podcasts available of Dave's material on the
4BC website.

4BC is committed to providing a balanced, broad cross-section of
programming for all listener interests. We constantly review all
programs and programming decisions as we will with these changes.

The new 4BC Weekend Morning program with Ian and Mary will be on air
from 8 till 12noon and I would appreciate your thoughts after listening
for a few weeks.
Again, thank you for taking the time to email.

Regards,

Chris Adams
4BC News & Program Director

T: (07) 3908 8240

FAIRFAX RADIO NETWORK
2UE Sydney | 3AW & Magic 1278 Melbourne | 4BC & 4BH Brisbane | 6PR &
96fm Perth
4bc.com.au | 4bh.com.au | Syndication | Digital Courier | Radio
Monitoring | Satellite Music Australia

BGG
19-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Phil
It's a funny thing but I got the same reply. Surely our emails to 4BC weren't identical.
Great to see the personal touch being applied.
Brad

Paul007
19-10-2010, 09:22 PM
I got the same letter as well. The thing with mine is, there were points that I raised and they were not addressed in the reply in any way.
I don't think my letter was even read.
Cheers,
Paul

castlemaine
20-10-2010, 09:48 AM
My response ...

Guys,
Ian and Mary is very lame excuse for putting the Fishing Show earlier.
I listened to Ian and Mary for 1/2hr and turned it off.
Come on guys, only where do you get your info from, you have a unique segment and you're killing it by putting it earlier so no person will get up for the Fishing Show nor listen to Col Campbell and Iaaaannnnn and Mmmmaaaarrrrryyy.
Cheers

Redspeckle
26-10-2010, 02:24 PM
Here send a protest e-mail if you wish to about the TIME changes to the Sat & Sun morning NUGGET fishing show.

These are the people who make the decisions. It would be much appreciated as We must let as many people know as possible.

You could also send it to people in your address book.

dmcdonald@4bc.com.a (dmcdonald@4bc.com.a) General Manager, David McDonald
tmcdermott@2ue.com.au (tmcdermott@2ue.com.au) General Manager, Tim Mc Dermott
ccoughlan@2ue.com.au (ccoughlan@2ue.com.au) General Manager EA, Chris Coughlan

Mitch

Sea-Dog
06-11-2010, 08:16 AM
5 O'Clock was a reasonable time to wake on weekends to listen to Nugget. Be stuffed if I will be setting the alarm for 4:00 unless I have an early fishing session planned.

5:00 - 6:00 isn't long enough to bother with listening - considering two lots of news, plus ads in there.

I also used to listen to Jamie and Ian on weekday mornings.

I listened to the show on a Friday, nothing out of the normal.

Monday - new presenters. I thought Jamie (Dunn) and Ian had gone on holidays and I'd missed them announcing it.

Alas no... the management razor gang had swung the axe over the weekend and told the boys "bye-bye"

Then they have the gall to announce on the 4BC website that "Jamie Dunn and Ian Calder have announced that they will be leaving 4BC to pursue a different project."

Along with many listeners, I won't be tuning in again.

Maybe Nugget should jump ship an take his advertisers with him and go to an FM station where the reception is better. I always found 4BC reception to be crappy in my area.

Happy listening.

PinHead
06-11-2010, 12:07 PM
5 O'Clock was a reasonable time to wake on weekends to listen to Nugget. Be stuffed if I will be setting the alarm for 4:00 unless I have an early fishing session planned.

5:00 - 6:00 isn't long enough to bother with listening - considering two lots of news, plus ads in there.

I also used to listen to Jamie and Ian on weekday mornings.

I listened to the show on a Friday, nothing out of the normal.

Monday - new presenters. I thought Jamie (Dunn) and Ian had gone on holidays and I'd missed them announcing it.

Alas no... the management razor gang had swung the axe over the weekend and told the boys "bye-bye"

Then they have the gall to announce on the 4BC website that "Jamie Dunn and Ian Calder have announced that they will be leaving 4BC to pursue a different project."

Along with many listeners, I won't be tuning in again.

Maybe Nugget should jump ship an take his advertisers with him and go to an FM station where the reception is better. I always found 4BC reception to be crappy in my area.

Happy listening.

you actually listened to Jamie Dunn? I reckon there was also something else happening at the same time..just an association thing..Dave Moore.

The only show I would listen to on 4BC is the continuous call team during league season..they are a bunch of nutters.

I did listen to that Smith bloke for about an hour one arvo..that bloke is that far right it is not funny.

As for Nugget's show...if I was heading to work early on a weekend I would put it on if I remembered but otherwise not worried about it..never have the radio on at home at any time.

charleville
06-11-2010, 05:50 PM
The only show I would listen to on 4BC is the continuous call team during league season.

I find the talkback format with some fairly opinionated announcers pretty tedious also.

I used to listed to Ian Maurice when fishing at night though. He is not so rabid as many of the other presenters and presented some interesting interviews from time to time as well as music that kept me entertained.

bearessentials
21-11-2010, 06:15 PM
i hope 4bc is reading this.. no offence to nugget, but i have not listened to his show since it went an hour earlier, and standing on my soap box, will not listen to nugget til his show returns to the normal slot.
i find the info on nuggets show great, but have always had a gripe on about the amount of ads they play.... now before i get shot down, i am a realist, and understand that 4bc have to pay the bills, but come on, i can leave my driveway on my way to whyte island boat ramp and get there without hearing a second of daves voice... and this happens quite reguarly....
now i mean no disrespect to dave, as he is only doing what he is told, but it is ridiculous, and now to put his show forward an hour because of some bloody mexican show.... well enough is enough.... 4bc have lost another listener.....
end of rant...
hopping down off my soap box now, is any body still there????

Sea-Dog
23-11-2010, 07:12 AM
i hope 4bc is reading this.. no offence to nugget, but i have not listened to his show since it went an hour earlier, and standing on my soap box, will not listen to nugget til his show returns to the normal slot.
i find the info on nuggets show great, but have always had a gripe on about the amount of ads they play.... now before i get shot down, i am a realist, and understand that 4bc have to pay the bills, but come on, i can leave my driveway on my way to whyte island boat ramp and get there without hearing a second of daves voice... and this happens quite reguarly....
now i mean no disrespect to dave, as he is only doing what he is told, but it is ridiculous, and now to put his show forward an hour because of some bloody mexican show.... well enough is enough.... 4bc have lost another listener.....
end of rant...
hopping down off my soap box now, is any body still there????

Move along now, there is a queue for that soapbox you know... ;D