PDA

View Full Version : What boat to buy? 3-4.5m

greenie.77
16-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Me and my brother currently have a 3.6m car topper punt that is now on a trailer with casting decks, electric etc. The thing is, because this is essentialy a 'car topper', it's still a little rocky and small.

What boats do you reccomend for around $10,000? all makes. It's just quite hard when you look in trading posts as boats between $5000 and $15000 vary a lot!!!

We use it mainly forlure cstingfo bream, bass, Jacks etc. But would love something to get into the bay on a good day too!!

FishHunter
16-10-2010, 03:31 PM
Guy at work is selling a Stacer? 4.3m with a 30hp Mariner and colour Humminbird sounder only done 7 hours.
Asking 10k

Lancair
16-10-2010, 05:38 PM
Id be looking for what I recently upgraded from. I had a Stessco Catcher 4.2m, with a 40Etec tiller, youll find it online at boatpoint listed with a dealer. It has a fantastic travel cover, lights - interior and nav, custom alloy casting decks front and rear, vhf radio, bilge pump etc etc. Im sure you could beat them down in price, theyve had it a while now. Im not trying to advertise it for them, just showing you an option of style etc.

Basically I reckon you need a 4.2 V bottom tinny with a 40.

Lancair