PDA

View Full Version : new live well

trueblue
15-10-2010, 07:59 PM
I needed somewhere to put my para anchor when retrieved it soaking wet without dripping water in the boat every time, and found a 40 litre ice box that fitted externally on the back board. Didn't take too long to decide to plumb it up as an extra live well, just because I could.

Then, to over engineer it also just because I could, I made a manifold for my backup bait pump that can divert water flow wherever I want it to go.

I have 2 bait pumps mounted on the transom, with both of them previously fitted to the small original live well (I just hated it when going live baiting and a bait pump crapped out so ages ago I installed a spare)

Now, I can feed either live well from the manifold, and also have a spare outlet that will make a good rinse down hose for the bait board. The manifold is made from stainless steel, and painted with white epoxy paint.

The new box on the back can be either a small kill bin, rubbish bin, storage for para anchor or other anchor, or a live well, or whatever.

cheers

Mick

sid_fishes
16-10-2010, 06:14 PM
thats a nifty idea , i like it

Jackinthebox
17-10-2010, 10:42 PM
How did you attach it to the back board? Drill through the floor? Straps?

It would be a great kill tank, all the blood & bits going out the back with the water.

Mick.

trueblue
18-10-2010, 09:55 PM
drilled straight through the bottom of the esky, and through the fibreglass back board, mounted on rubber.

Used it as a kill tank again today, bloody brilliant, especially being able to flush it out with water from the bait pump