PDA

View Full Version : Barracuda Boat Trailers..

frankgrimes
12-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Hi Guys,

Anyone have any experience with these trailers?

http://www.barracudaboats.com.au

Cheers,
Mick

boatboy50
12-10-2010, 11:16 AM
Hey Frank,

Looks to me like they buy their frames from the same manufacturer in China as Swiftco were using. Exactly the same. Take a look at a five year old Swiftco and make a decision.

I'd hope they are cheap.

Darren

gawby
12-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Frank, are you looking to buy as i know where there is
one very similar if not the same with different brand that
would fit a bout up to about 7 mtrs.
It is in very good condition as it has sat in the back yard
more than it should have.
Graeme

frankgrimes
12-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Hey Frank,

Looks to me like they buy their frames from the same manufacturer in China as Swiftco were using. Exactly the same. Take a look at a five year old Swiftco and make a decision.

I'd hope they are cheap.

Darren

Thanks Darren - Yeah they appear to be somewhat cheaper than others, hence my concern with quality.

For a ~5M boat, looking at ~$2500

Might give them a call tomorow to get some details.

Mick

frankgrimes
12-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Frank, are you looking to buy as i know where there is
one very similar if not the same with different brand that
would fit a bout up to about 7 mtrs.
It is in very good condition as it has sat in the back yard
more than it should have.
Graeme

Ta Graeme - Looking at a boat atm without trailer...not 100% yet...but she's only 5.3M.

Mick

Brejen
12-10-2010, 08:40 PM
Mick heres a couple of mine that I have made of late..

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=168212

Give me a yell if you need hand with any info..
There is a couple places now selling the cheaper trailers, most the ones I've seen are made and Galv'd overseas. One of the hardest things with these cheaper trailer are the hub sizes they use American size hubs and it can be a nightmare sourcing bearing etc for them apart from where you buy the trailers from, even simple things like dust seals are a nightmare to get..
Anyways mate as i said dont hesitate to ask.

Brett

oldie
13-10-2010, 07:16 PM
I checked those trailers when searching for one, they are definitely imported frames from china the guy didn't even hide that fact, i did not really like the rear roller set up. Look like silver frosting!! I got a MT160 Tinka multi roll drive on off for sale let me know if you want info cheers Oldie

jeffo
20-11-2010, 07:15 AM
Im in the same position at the moment and just checked out barracuda trailers, then came on here to put a post up asking about them.

Mick, have you given any more thought to your trailer choice?

I need something to go under my 445 haines. The price seams fair enough for the 'cudas. I priced a few trailers and most for my boat seam to be about $3800. $1600 more than the barracudas.

frankgrimes
20-11-2010, 01:08 PM
Im in the same position at the moment and just checked out barracuda trailers, then came on here to put a post up asking about them.

Mick, have you given any more thought to your trailer choice?

I need something to go under my 445 haines. The price seams fair enough for the 'cudas. I priced a few trailers and most for my boat seam to be about $3800. $1600 more than the barracudas.

Decided to keep the Poly CC for a while longer mate, so new trailer not needed(macs are about...CC far better for chasing the speedsters!)

I was concerned why the 'cudas were so much cheaper....but really needed a comparison of like trailers after a few years to compare them fairly with the competition.