PDA

View Full Version : T-top?

Flex
10-10-2010, 12:15 PM
Hitting Hinchinbrook at xmas for 2 weeks in my boat, So i really need a T-top.

Anyone know of someone who can built be one around central QLD?

ALso Im chasing Teflon Trailer skids? Any place online someone may know of I can order some?

trueblue
10-10-2010, 02:16 PM
teflon trailer skids are easy to make

brackets from bias etc to mount the hardwood rails

most marine shops have the skid material

just drill and countersink the skids to get the countersunk bolts below the surface of the skid

Camhawk88
28-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Hey Flex, I assume you have a centre consol if you are after a t-top. If not a bimini would probably be better as you can drop it to poke up the tight creeks with over hanging mangroves.
If you do have a cc and are after a t-top then have a look at Bias (other shops may have them ,i can only remember seeing them herre but). They have t-tops for around the $2-300 mark that attach to the side of the consol allowing full fishability. They also have a rocket launcher that fits to it as an accessory. The only problem with them is they dont throw much shade and you cant drop them down. Personally I would lean towards a bimini as much as they piss me off with ropes and stays cluttering the fishing area- 2 weeks in summer up here is a long time without much shade- the bimini would provide the most shade for your $.

Flex
28-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Hi mate thanks for the info, I have a 6m seaswirl striper CC.

Yeah I have a Fold up Bimini. But it annoys the crap out of me. It does provide alot of shade but only 2 people can then fish with it up. T-top is mainly for rod storage,Antenna height(safety) and a little bit of shade for in the midday sun.

I was looking at importing a Stryker t-top http://www.strykerttops.com/
But im unsure how well a universal one would go.

I have had 2 quotes around Rockhampton/yeppoon area for over $3500 which is bloody insane. I can get one built in brissy for about $1900 but to far to tow my boat.

So if anyone knows anyone around Rockhampton/gladstone etc and want to make a few bucks for a basic T-top let me know

Noelm
29-10-2010, 08:09 AM
$3,500 is about the right price for a well made T top, those Stryker ones look good hey! I looked at them before when I was looking for a T top for my boat, ended up going custom, in the end it is well worth it (well I reckon)