PDA

View Full Version : Brooker Trailer Mods

thelump
10-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Thought I would put up a few snaps of the recent refurb I did on my Brooker tandem trailer. It was a pain in the a%$e at first. Not really what you would call a drive on as the rear cross member had the keel roller in the centre (as you would expect) and the wobble rollers off to the side of this. If you missed the keel roller and fell in between the keel and wobble rollers it was fibreglass on metal. Gouged my hull up pretty bad a couple of times.
Solution: Get rid of the rear cross member and install a lead in section. Works a treat now and can launch and retrieve solo quite easily.

Jeremy
10-10-2010, 10:15 AM
I was also having problems with fibreglass on metal. This is the solution which Peter Grand Marlin came up with for me. All the wobble rollers were removed and replaced with skids. Gives it self-centering and no chance of fibreglass ever contacting the steel again.

I guess as long as it works and is effective we are happy.

honda900
10-10-2010, 10:35 AM
Jase,

bit hard to see, did you unbolt that whole rear pivoting section? looks good, might organise to come have a look..

Regards
Honda.

thelump
10-10-2010, 01:52 PM
Yeah Chris
Took that section off and welded 2 x 50x50RHS from the back to the centre at the front of that cradle section. Once tacked in I just chopped the back section out (approx700mm)that had the rear keel roller on it and welded it all up. Then just put that red stuff (technical term) onto the new bits I welded in. Will take that section out again to re dip it but in the interim just used cold gal and a motherload of tecktil.