PDA

View Full Version : Pride boats

JEWIENEWIE
08-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Looking or help on this one please. Looking at upgrading from my 4.2 mt runabout to something biggerfor the family now and the oppurtunity of buying a Pride hs come up. Still unsighted but is 5.44m 110Johnno age of motor unkown as yet. Guy at work says got to get rid of it never use it. Dont know exact model but around 1980, runabout. Just keen to here if it is worth while me pursuing. It is a bit of a drive to sight the boat and dont want to waste a trip.Are they a reasonable boat etc.
Thanks
Jewie:)

nigelr
08-10-2010, 06:44 PM
How many $, how well maintained, shedded or not, fair age for motor and boat.
If you go for a look, definitely take an expert with you would be my advice, or you could be up for fairly big $$$$.
Cheers and good luck.

JEWIENEWIE
08-10-2010, 07:30 PM
around the 7k mark he reckons. Been in the shed and is good conditionbut could use a buff and polish. more than happy for me to get comp test etc. Not to sure about age of motor which will be a key point.
Jewie

Chimo
08-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Is this about what your talking about ? http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-for-sale/boatdetails.aspx?R=9174416

Cheers
Chimo

JEWIENEWIE
08-10-2010, 07:49 PM
Dont know excactly mate until i am looking at it. Old mate cant remember the model but said it is a runabout, offshore fishing boat. Very vague i know, but want to know if there any good before i investigate it further. Something like that would be ideal for my purpose i think.
Jewie

nigelr
09-10-2010, 05:47 AM
Sounds like a real good price if everything (boat, motor and trailer) checks out ok, hopefully someone who owns/has owned one will chime in with some info.....
Cheers.

gr hilly
09-10-2010, 12:31 PM
i had one in the early 80s it had it was 12 mths old a Yamaha 80 or 85 i can't remember for sure but i can tell you the best part of the boat was the motor,

i found a rough ride and lots of banging i would not recommend these boats to anyone.

cheers Hilly

JEWIENEWIE
09-10-2010, 03:01 PM
Going down in the morning to have a look and see. Hilly, can you remember what model you had. Thanks for the feedback. Part of the reason of needing a bigger boat is i now have two kids and need the room and comfort. No point going bigger if it is going to shake the you know whats out of them.
Budget is 10k at this stage so dont expect anything flash but want more room and comfort for the kids than what my beloved tinny can give them. Also just thinking if 5.4m is to big.:-?
Jewie

Goochi
11-10-2010, 07:06 PM
I had a half share in a Pride, sold out about 10 yrs ago. It would have been about the same vintage. We considered it a 17ft I think, the one you are looking at may be larger. We had a 115 Chrysler(remember them) powering it. Can't even remember if it was runabout or cuddy style. Pride have a good rep. I remember the ride was dry but on the rough side.

Cheers, Goochi

krazyfisher
12-10-2010, 06:09 AM
I have a pride bahia mar and it is well built and a great dry ride very deep v. still very solid and in good nic after 30 yrs. so depending which pride will depend on the ride etc

comfortably numb
13-10-2010, 08:17 AM
I had a Pride Albatross a few years ago, agree with the comments above good solid boat and dry but rode a bit rough. We used to take it up the creeks too sometimes didnt find it too big. Take it for a run before you make a decision, depending on what you want to use it for it may suit you