PDA

View Full Version : charter boat

Shane Miller
08-10-2010, 08:25 AM
has anyone got 5.5-6.0m boat in survay would be nice, some thing with rear c/c or c/c .i live in cooktown fnq and the boat will be used for river charters.

Camhawk88
08-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Shane, Not sure if it has gone to auction yet but Fisheries patrol were going to auction the Wiepa vessel. 5.3 m centre consol custom plate Seejay with 115 4 stk Yammi. Is in 2C survey but would need a few mods to set it up for fishing. Should go for around the 15k mark.
I was looking at buying the Townsville one a while ago but missed it. I was told this one was coming up.
Look up the Government vehicle auction website and keep an eye on it. Or give the fisheries patrol guys a call and see if it has gone yet or when it's coming up.

Camhawk88
08-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Check your PM Shane- the boat I was talking about hasn't sold yet.

Shane Miller
08-10-2010, 02:33 PM
thanks for that i will have a look, the boat weight sounds a bit light , never had much to do with seeyay boats are thay any good?

Camhawk88
10-10-2010, 10:31 AM
Im sure there will be plenty of opions on weather Seejay are good or bad but from what I have been told by more than one welder in town is that Seejays make up the least of their repairs for split hulls etc so they should be pretty sturdy.
The ones made for QBFP are customised heavey plate- not sure of exact specs but reckon you are looking at at least 4mm bottom if not 5mm. Also the underfloor structure is over engineered. Have an ask around about the plate xtreeme hulls Seajay do- they are pretty much the same from what I gather.
weight wize I imagine it would be pretty heavy for a 5.3m- mayby 600kg+ hull weight?
as I mentioned befor eIve been out once in the same hull and it was very stable and soft riding for ali.

Cheers