PDA

View Full Version : Seamaster Sharkcat

Alexzed
07-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Hi folks
I am looking to purchase a Seamaster Sharkcat (5.6 metre) in a few weeks. The seller tells me that they have close links with one of the Sharkcat designers, but there is virtually nothing on the net about them. Does anyone know much about them or can point me to a website with further info.
The craft will probably need a new fish finder so I was wondering if anyone has info on a good mid range to top end unit they could recommend as well as info as to where it is best to place the transducer. Is it worthwhile looking to the USA re: purchase, especially as our dollar is so strong at the moment....if that were the case having warranty coverage would be important....any companies offer international warranties?
She comes with twin 115 hp Johnson Oceanrunners and looks stunning! Especially for her age!
Will post a pic when I get her home!!!
Thanks in anticipation
Alex

Dean1
07-10-2010, 08:10 PM
It will be interesting to hear some feedback on these. I know nothing about these boats but have always wondered what their like?
Sorry cant help, they look pretty solid, a bit like an older markham i think.

Good luck with her

Deano..

Noelm
08-10-2010, 07:06 AM
nothing to do with Sharkcat, they were built by a guy I think his name was Ross Elliott, they go OK, not a lot of them around, well built in their day, I know a guy that has one (through another forum) I could get his number for you if you like maybe, he repowered his with 90 e-tecs and it goes really well.

julian1
08-10-2010, 11:47 AM
nothing to do with Sharkcat, they were built by a guy I think his name was Ross Elliott, they go OK, not a lot of them around, well built in their day, I know a guy that has one (through another forum) I could get his number for you if you like maybe, he repowered his with 90 e-tecs and it goes really well.

yeah that "Bornfree" Joe on that other forum ::) , he bought his a couple of years ago from an original owner, he did repower with 90 Etec's. He loves it and had a Haines 203L before hand. Originally he was looking for the last model Sharkcat 560 but just could not find one in good original condition then he came across this and it was immaculate. He did have a few orginal test articles that he emailed me at one stage i will see if i can dig them up

julian1
08-10-2010, 11:49 AM
actually i just found the articles, they are in work format so if you give me your email adress i can send them to you if you like, Steve Starling is doing one of tests off Portland

Blackened
08-10-2010, 12:09 PM
G'day

I detailed one, it had clinkered sides, ugly green gel coat. Powered by a pair of mercs, about 115hp I think.

It lives in the small industrial estate at thornlands up near marine worx, if it's still there maybe go and quiz the owner?

Dave

julian1
08-10-2010, 01:17 PM
actually i just found the articles, they are in work format so if you give me your email adress i can send them to you if you like, Steve Starling is doing one of tests off Portland

that supposed to say "Word" format ::) by the way

Alexzed
08-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Thanks everyone....the one I am looking at is basically set up as a game fisher.....from what I have been told about it's dimensions, won't have a care in the world re: safety for the family!
It is also in exceptional condition based on the pics sent.....
I have sent julian1 my email to get a copy of the articles

Alex

Alexzed
10-10-2010, 09:53 PM
Julian was a great help as was his mate Jo. The articles he sent really suggest the Seamaster is a fantastic craft......can't wait to get her.
Regards
Alex

tin can marlin
11-10-2010, 05:13 AM
I would have agood look at the transom in these units they are known for issues in this area. But overall good sea boat.

Noelm
11-10-2010, 05:28 AM
kind of good how you can get info from people you would never normally meet, just by posting on a forum like this.

Enjo_Glove
30-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Hey Julian, any chance of emailing me that info - a seamaster cat has just popped up here :D